OpenHeroSelect (Includes support for XML2 and the MUA 36 & 50 Character Mods!)

Started by Tony Stark, June 09, 2019, 03:59PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey, hello Tony!
Do you want to upgrade OpenHeroselect to 50RH version?
I intend to make a video teaching how to install and modify the characters, but I intend to do so by teaching through OpenHeroselect, if you to intend to update it.

That's incredible! I had no idea they'd managed that! I'm away from home for the holidays, so I can't do anything just yet, but remind me after Jan 1, and I'll be happy to!

Ok Tony!
Thanks for this amazing tool. See you in January. Have a happy new year's passage and that God bless you and your family.

Quote from: andersonbrazil on December 26, 2019, 05:49PM
Ok Tony!
Thanks for this amazing tool. See you in January. Have a happy new year's passage and that God bless you and your family.

Thanks Anderson, hope your holiday was good. Here's a little late Christmas present, I've updated OHS to work with the updated 36 character hack and the new 50 character hack! I haven't tested it, but I expect it'll work just fine. Test it out and let me know how it goes!

Quote from: Tony Stark on January 02, 2020, 02:48PM
Thanks Anderson, hope your holiday was good. Here's a little late Christmas present, I've updated OHS to work with the updated 36 character hack and the new 50 character hack! I haven't tested it, but I expect it'll work just fine. Test it out and let me know how it goes!

Awesome.  This tool makes life so much easier, I've been putting off the 50RH for a bit just waiting for OHS.  Now I just have to figure out which 50 characters to use...

Quote from: scottsum on January 03, 2020, 06:09AM
Now I just have to figure out which 50 characters to use...
Haha I hear that! I haven't installed it myself for that same reason.

Well that and I'm too lazy to figure out the process to get everything just right so it doesn't override the mods I have installed.

Great job Tony!
I tested on my game and it worked perfectly. Now everything is complete. Soon I will make another video tutorial.
Thanks again Tony!

Guys, I'm having a bit of an issue. If I attempt to remove Moon Knight or add Jubilee to the herostat list, OpenHeroSelect doesn't work. it creates a herotstat.xml in the openheroselect and the program just closes instantly.

Quote from: IOwnALego111 on January 08, 2020, 01:16PM
Guys, I'm having a bit of an issue. If I attempt to remove Moon Knight or add Jubilee to the herostat list, OpenHeroSelect doesn't work. it creates a herotstat.xml in the openheroselect and the program just closes instantly.

You may be doing something wrong, or xmlb-compile might just not like your herostat. You say it's creating herostat.xml and then crashing? What happens if you try to compile the output herostat.xml yourself? Can you post the output? Also, can you paste the contents of herostat.xml to a pastebin or something and share that here so I can take a look?

Finally got around to setting this all up with the 50R hack.  Just wanted to say thanks for developing this great tool.  It makes life so much easier.

Quote from: scottsum on January 12, 2020, 11:53AM
Finally got around to setting this all up with the 50R hack.  Just wanted to say thanks for developing this great tool.  It makes life so much easier.
Glad it helped!

Yesterday, I heard about your new OpenHeroSelect and was interested in trying it with MUA.  I feel bad because I can't get it to work and I have been trying for several hours.  I wanted to figure it out myself, but I needed to join the group so I could ask a question.  I modified my old herostat.cfg (it has 52 characters).  I went through each menulocation file (one version at a time - 27, 28, 33, 36v1 and 36v2) and generated both a herostat.xml and herostat.xmlb for each.  However, when I try the menulocation file for 50 characters, the OpenHeroSelect program is only generating an .xml file and no .xmlb file.  Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Incidentally, why are there two 36 character menulocation files?  What are the differences between them?