BaconWizard17's Custom Models (Latest: Magma - Fiery Form)

Started by BaconWizard17, July 15, 2019, 07:26AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've got another big round of updates to share! Here's what's changed:

Cyclops
- All skins have been remade to have a consistent shape and texture for his face and head and a consistent shape for his body.
- Skins that previously had the useless custom properties that made the file size bigger than needed have had that removed.
- All skins now include an alternate conversation portrait with a red outline for his Sinister Cyclops boss battle version.
- Various other fixes to the models overall, including accuracy fixes.
- Added 2 new skins: Ultimate XML1 (alternate), based on an early screenshot of XML1, and Winter (Alternate), based on a skin in the XML1 prototype
- Fixed the missing download for his House of X (Unmasked) skin for XML2

Stryfe
- Face on both skins now resembles Cable

Storm
- All skins now include an alternate conversation portrait with a red outline for her Sinister Storm boss battle version.

Iceman
- All skins now include an alternate conversation portrait with a red outline for his Sinister Iceman boss battle version.

Wolverine's skins have finally been updated! Here's what's changed:
- All skins now have the same body shape and face shape/texture
  - This includes masked faces now having the same head shape and size as the unmasked heads
- All mannequins now resemble the default mannequin pose more closely
- Except for his Modern skin, all skins that previously had an asymmetrical face now have a symmetrical face
- All skins with hair now have the proper black hair color
- Ultimate XML1, Winter, and X-Treme Gear now have the proper hairstyle from XML1
- Ultimate XML2 now has the proper hairstyle from XML2
- Astral Gladiator now uses his texture from the XML1 prototype, which is more realistic and also has a separate texture for his lower half
- Significantly reduced the polygon count of his Civilian (Jacket) skin to make it fit in better with other skins
- House of X and House of X (Unmasked) now have more accurate colors
- Age of Apocalypse skin now has the proper face tattoos
- Renamed "Street" to "Modern" and "Jacket" to "Civilian (Jacket)"
- I've added 3 new skins: Winter (Alternate), Modern (Jacket), and Civilian
- Various other tweaks and improvements
- All skins now include an alternate conversation portrait with a red outline for the Sinister Wolverine version that you fight in Act 3 of XML2.
- I've added new claw boltons for him that have a texture instead of just being vertex colored.

Now that I've finished his updates, I can move on to new characters, starting with X-Man and Magma.

October 01, 2022, 08:30PM #242 Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 05:57PM by BaconWizard17
:xman: X-MAN :xman:
For XML2

Here is where I'll post my custom models for X-Man! These include assets for XML2. Each has two versions of the skin (with and without cel shading), a conversation portrait, a 3D head, and a character select portrait.

Click the image for a full preview, or click the name to download!

Main Comic Universe Skins

OriginalCivilianAge of ApocalypseX-Factor (White)
X-Factor (Yellow)ShamanResurrectedAge of X-Man
Alternate Universe Skins

X-Treme Gear

Credits
- Vicarious Visions: X-Man XML2 Assets

October 01, 2022, 08:30PM #243 Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 05:57PM by BaconWizard17
:xman: X-MAN :xman:
For MUA1

Here is where I'll post my custom models for X-Man! These include assets for MUA1. Each has two versions of the skin (for PC and for consoles), a conversation portrait, and a mannequin.

Click the image for a full preview, or click the name to download!

Main Comic Universe Skins

OriginalCivilianAge of ApocalypseX-Factor (White)
X-Factor (Yellow)ShamanResurrectedAge of X-Man
Alternate Universe Skins

X-Treme Gear

Credits
- Vicarious Visions: X-Man XML2 Assets

I've added X-Man's other 5 skins! X-Factor (Yellow), Shaman, Resurrected, Age of X-Man, and X-Treme Gear

October 24, 2022, 03:09PM #247 Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 05:57PM by BaconWizard17
:magma: MAGMA :magma:
For XML1 and XML2

Here is where I'll post my custom models for Magma! These include assets for XML1 and XML2. Each download has the following:

October 24, 2022, 03:12PM #248 Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 05:57PM by BaconWizard17
:magma: MAGMA :magma:
For MUA1

Here is where I'll post my custom models for Magma! These include assets for MUA1. Each download has the following:

The next 4 skins for Magma are now available! I've added New Mutants vol. 3, House of X, Civilian (Modern), and Age of Apocalypse

The remaining for skins for Magma are now available! I've added Civilian, Ultimate XML1, Ultimate XML1 Redesign, and X-Treme Gear. Fiery form skins are next!

October 28, 2022, 03:12PM #250 Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 05:57PM by BaconWizard17
:magma: MAGMA (FIERY FORM) :magma:
For XML1 and XML2

Here is where I'll post my custom models for Magma's Fiery Form! These include assets for XML1 and XML2. Each download has the following:

October 28, 2022, 03:19PM #251 Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 05:58PM by BaconWizard17
:magma: MAGMA (FIERY FORM):magma:
For MUA1

Here is where I'll post my custom models for Magma! These include assets for MUA1. Each download has the following:

Hello,

I am a newbie to this site and to Marvel Mods in general. I would just like to say that you do fantastic work. I have installed the All X-Men Edition Bundle to my PC copy of XML2 and it's great. However I didn't see the 90's Cyclops included. I then tried installing the custom model from here, but it's not working for me. I followed the read me file on where to place each file in what folder, but did not understand the hex editor part or if I needed to do something with that, or where the PNG files go.
Again I am new and am probably doing it wrong and missing steps in the process. If someone could offer some advice or direct me to where to learn how to install the mod properly it would be greatly appreciated.

Quote from: tonyb42011 on October 29, 2022, 02:25AM
Hello,

I am a newbie to this site and to Marvel Mods in general. I would just like to say that you do fantastic work. I have installed the All X-Men Edition Bundle to my PC copy of XML2 and it's great. However I didn't see the 90's Cyclops included. I then tried installing the custom model from here, but it's not working for me. I followed the read me file on where to place each file in what folder, but did not understand the hex editor part or if I needed to do something with that, or where the PNG files go.
Again I am new and am probably doing it wrong and missing steps in the process. If someone could offer some advice or direct me to where to learn how to install the mod properly it would be greatly appreciated.

Hex editing isn't required most of the time, so you don't have to do anything with it. In XML2, it's only necessary for characters with skin swapping powers. The PNG files are just previews and don't go into your game files. When you added the igb files to the game files, did you make sure to rename them to replace an existing skin? Or do you want to add this as a new skin?

Thanks for responding back. I think I'm asking the same question on two seperate posts (sorry). Yes i only want to swap a skin out, putting the 90s Cyclops over an existing character. How do i do this?