Official Characters - ALPHA RELEASED!

Started by BliZZ, September 30, 2007, 08:50AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Now that I can try this package mod, I just can say thank you!
It is a pity not having a Hulk model to work on, still this is great.

Thanks very much.  :thumbsup2:

can you give me a new brain? (a good and useful one by the way  :wtflol:)

I just meant it is a pity such big arms... the skinning is already GREAT. but when it walks it looks so weird...

And now that I realise  :D I lost 1 position for the heroselect screen. I mean 2 I had from old psp mod - 1 I got for Hulk.

Is there a way to restore the 2 positions I had? that would be 3 positions more, with this mod. That would be pretty cool.

Chocolate egg I misread iammingy  :ban:

:D

If I understand correctly what you mean with "position", then the max number is 27. I believe you have to replace defaultman's entry in herostat.engb to have the other position.

That means that the 2 slots you get from the psp mod are occupied by Hulk and the defaultman entry in this mod.

OK! I see. You understood perfectly my wongly explained doubt.  :runaway:

October 26, 2007, 09:14PM #66 Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 09:32PM by Threshold
Hi guys,

Very new at gaming and modding so please keep in mind :)

I am trying to install this mod and first of all thanks a lot to who spent time doing it.

Now, I got MK,Colossus,Hulk and Defaultman.
I started a new game and the first strange thing is that it started mid way of the first stage, almost at the Scorpion stage and with only 3 characters.
I also got a message that Defaultman(or the character I substituted it with) was unlocked and available for selection later.

When I get to the team change screen, in place of Defaultman I just get an empty space with the name of the substituted character.
For example I get an empty space with the name Ronin.

If I go into the specs of Ronin there are no powers listed.
In the costumes tab there are the names of the different costumes although when selected nothing appears.
I have tried Ronin and Nightcrawler with the same results.
I tried to use one of these "invisible" characters anyway in a roster but I got a memory crash dump on the system.

The other one I have tried is Cap. Marvel and this one works.
In this case though when I use his powers there is no sound and he doesn't fly: is this as it is supposed to be?

Another thing: when I copied all the files I saw folders for Magneto, Venom and other characters.
How do you use them since I don't have their herostat definitions in my readme.txt file?

Thanks a million to whoever can help me out.

I don't think some mannequins have been made yet.

Quote from: Midnight Curse on October 27, 2007, 02:55AM
I don't think some mannequins have been made yet.

Hi,

Are you referring to Magneto, Venom etc.?
Any idea about all my other issues?
Anybody else out there? :)

Many thanks  :mystique: :applause:

From what I gather the only releases in the character pack is the good guys available exclusively to other formats (Capt marvel for PSP, Hulk for 360 etc) and so everything for them is 'complete' (powers, sounds, mannequins etc).

The villains (Magneto, Venom etc) are under way and probably going to be released all together. The presence of the folders in the download were probably just created for the content (when it was ready) and not taken out when the other files were uploaded

Everything except for sounds (Hawkeye, Hulk, Marv, Ronin, Widow don't have them; whereas Colossus, Moony, 'Crawler, and Cyke do) and Some skins for Ronin are included, mannequins and all. I don't know where you would be having problems :scratchhead:

I believe the stuff for the villains was effects, etc; which was left in out of laziness, IIRC.

Hello,

Thank you both of you.

Experimenting I fixed almost everything and BliZZ clarifications should have almost all solved.

I found out that in the decompiled herostat.eng file I have to leave the menulocation for Defaultman to 96 in order for the characters to appear.
I used to change that to "0" since that's what I understood had to be done from the tutorial.

Is this correct?

Menulocation for the character I use has to be always 96 in place of defaultman?
If instead I substitute a character with another I use the spot occupied by the character I am replacing?

I haven't tried all the characters yet but I managed to make Ronin appear and use it in combact.
The only thing is if I select as costumes Echo or Street Gear the game shuts down.
Is this only my problem or it's expected(BliZZ you say that only some skins are included)?

As for Cap.Marvel is he supposed to flight?

BliZZ you did this package right?BRILLIANT!

Yes, 96 must remain the menulocation for the 27th character to show up.

Quote from: Threshold on October 27, 2007, 09:07AM
The only thing is if I select as costumes Echo or Street Gear the game shuts down.
Is this only my problem or it's expected(BliZZ you say that only some skins are included)?

Yes, those 2 skins do not exist yet.

QuoteAs for Cap.Marvel is he supposed to flight?

Yes

QuoteBliZZ you did this package right?BRILLIANT!

No, I only put it together. A LOT of people put work into this :)

QuoteAs for Cap.Marvel is he supposed to flight?

Yes

Any idea why I can't make him fly?
I hit the spacebar twice (like for the human torch or iron-man) but he doesn't take off.
Does he flies with all his costumes?
If so what might be wrong?

On the positive side I managed to substitute Blade(does anyone actually likes the character?)with Venom.

QuoteBliZZ you did this package right?BRILLIANT!

No, I only put it together. A LOT of people put work into this :)
[/quote]

Well kudos to you all.
I am curious though: can only characters existing in other games be modded or any Marvel characters can be created?
It would be nice to have Penance, the Inhumans or Galactic Aunt May (anybody remembers her where from?It makes you wonder what editors are there for, sometimes;)

October 27, 2007, 12:42PM #74 Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 12:45PM by iammingy
QuoteAny idea why I can't make him fly?
I hit the spacebar twice (like for the human torch or iron-man) but he doesn't take off.
Does he flies with all his costumes?
If so what might be wrong?

Did you start a new game? It's a prerequisite.

QuoteOn the positive side I managed to substitute Blade(does anyone actually likes the character?)with Venom.

Blade is ok. Some of his powers are pretty strong and fast IMO. Just play him as a bruiser and don't use power too often, then you will be ok with this guy.

QuoteWell kudos to you all.
I am curious though: can only characters existing in other games be modded or any Marvel characters can be created?
It would be nice to have Penance, the Inhumans or Galactic Aunt May (anybody remembers her where from?It makes you wonder what editors are there for, sometimes;)

I think this is what everyone (edit) some people are doing in this community --- bring the characters from comic pages to the game.