50 / 36 / Vital Roster Hack - "The Holy F**kin' Grail"

Started by Outsider, December 25, 2019, 04:54AM

Previous topic - Next topic
You may want to try a different browser. The link works fine for me as well. Also, please don't multi-post in a thread. If you want to add to a previous comment, you can modify your previous post

Quote from: Enchlore on March 02, 2020, 09:40PM
At the bottom of the herostat, replace defaultman with Nick, and change "playable = true" to "playable = false".
Here's how I keep his entry, for reference:
   stats {
   ailevel = 1 ;
   autospend = support ;
   body = 7 ;
   characteranims = 21_nickfury ;
   charactername = Nick Fury ;
   level = 1 ;
   menulocation = 0 ;
   mind = 8 ;
   name = NickFury ;
   playable = false ;
   powerstyle = ps_nickfury ;
   scriptlevel = 3 ;
   skin = 2101 ;
   skin_01_name = Classic ;
   sounddir = fury_m ;
   strength = 6 ;
   team = hero ;
   textureicon = 5 ;
      Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      hideskin = gun_left_segment ;
      }

Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      hideskin = gun_right_segment ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = grab ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = block ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = nickf_p1 ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = melee_moves ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = fightstyle_default ;
      }

}

(I took out his extra costumes just to get rid of clutter, since they won't be used)

This will make Nick's dialogues as an NPC fully functional, and won't mess up your roster, or at least I haven't run into any problems myself.

So it wouldn't give me 51 and crash the game? I can just add him?

Check out my Emporium🥳! (all my voice mods are here):  https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10845.msg198383.html#msg198383
And the Village🤪! (my voice workbench): https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10636.msg196523.html#msg196523

I haven't run into any problems. He has to replace defaultman and you can't place any more entries after him though. And don't forget to set "playable" to false.
I'm a modder from Brazil. Check out my mods!

:phoenix:Parabéns a todos os modders que realizaram esse trabalho incrível!! Outsider, eu sou seu fã <3

Quote from: phoenix2016 on October 15, 2020, 12:27PM
:phoenix:Parabéns a todos os modders que realizaram esse trabalho incrível!! Outsider, eu sou seu fã <3

I used Google to translate that:
"Congratulations to all modders who have done this incredible job !! Outsider, I'm your fan <3"

Much appreciated. Everyone here worked hard on this, and I am glad of the result.

Hello how are you Hmm, I'm new to MUA mods, and well, I downloaded the hack of the 50 characters and it didn't work for me, I copy the folders, open the game and when entering the character selection, they don't even come out the cheat of all the characters, only the mannequins appear in black and when I select the game it stops working, any help on how to install it?   :spiderman:

Check out the MUA1 Mod installation guide: https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10809.0.html

If you have further questions, come by our Discord server, and someone will try their best to help you

Very nice))
Activision : we can give only 27 chars
MarvelMods.com: Don*t make me laugh ))

April 02, 2021, 06:13PM #38 Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 06:44PM by Mapache_Malvado
Hello!
First of all, I wanted to thank all of the responsibles for this. Having the possibility of chosing from so many characters it´s simply awesome! So thank you all :,)

I followed the newbie´s installation (really handy btw) and it all seems to work out except for two things:
1) Psylocke. I read that this was a known bug and that it was fixed  but I think the link in the original post might be from an older version. So I can´t choose her, the game closes itself when try :c

2) Professor X. He is selectable but his hud portrait will be empty and without any special attack (even after using the cheatcode and erasing old saves). 

April 03, 2021, 11:36AM #39 Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 04:07PM by alfred13
Mapache Malvado: I used to have the same problem that you described when i installed the old version of OCP v2.0 ... (don't know why)

Then i try the new Official Character Pack v2.3 (OCP v2.3) and the problem was totally fixed.

Which version of OCP did you install?
"Why do we fall sir? ... So that we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Hey, thanks Alfred! I checked it up and it was the 2.0 version, it seems that I downloaded it by mistake.
After a clean installation, the 2.3 version and the 50 roster hack, all is working up pretty well.

Now time to figure out whom to choose as a team lol 

Hi people. Is it possible to use this hack with another dinput8.dll? I noticed MUA has a problem with XInput controller mapping, so I have to use another program to fix it (XInputPlus). However, that app creates a dinput8.dll file, so I can't have both at the same time. Is there any workaround?

Quote from: MaxShadow on April 26, 2021, 02:44PM
Hi people. Is it possible to use this hack with another dinput8.dll? I noticed MUA has a problem with XInput controller mapping, so I have to use another program to fix it (XInputPlus). However, that app creates a dinput8.dll file, so I can't have both at the same time. Is there any workaround?

Are you playing the game via the delisted Steam release? Because that version won't work with mods. Only the original 2006 PC release.

I'm using the 2006 version. Mods work fine, but the button mapping is wrong. A is B, B is X, X is A, etc. I've read on internet the game fails to recognize some XInput devices, so it uses DirectInput mapping instead. There's a way to solve that by using an app, XInputPlus, but it requires creating a dinput8.dll file in the game folder. This hack also uses dinput8.dll, so I can't have both at the same time.

Quote from: MaxShadow on April 26, 2021, 05:39PM
I'm using the 2006 version. Mods work fine, but the button mapping is wrong. A is B, B is X, X is A, etc. I've read on internet the game fails to recognize some XInput devices, so it uses DirectInput mapping instead. There's a way to solve that by using an app, XInputPlus, but it requires creating a dinput8.dll file in the game folder. This hack also uses dinput8.dll, so I can't have both at the same time.

I don't know how the hack works, but have you tried replacing the dinput8.dll file to see what happens?