50 / 36 / Vital Roster Hack - "The Holy F**kin' Grail"

Started by Outsider, December 25, 2019, 04:54AM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 28, 2021, 03:09AM #45 Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 05:28AM by ak2yny
Quote from: MaxShadow on April 26, 2021, 05:39PM
I'm using the 2006 version. Mods work fine, but the button mapping is wrong. A is B, B is X, X is A, etc. I've read on internet the game fails to recognize some XInput devices, so it uses DirectInput mapping instead. There's a way to solve that by using an app, XInputPlus, but it requires creating a dinput8.dll file in the game folder. This hack also uses dinput8.dll, so I can't have both at the same time.

I think the dinput8.dll is only indirectly involved. The file from XInputPlus might include all necessary information for MUA and the ASI loader (which is what dinput8.dll in the 50RH is for).

Curious: Are you using an Xbox One (Wireless) controller? There is a fix for it, without the need to edit XInput or dinput libraries, but it's not perfect.
I found another XInput mod for the Xbox One controller that doesn't edit dinput8.dll, but I am not able to test it: https://github.com/araghon007/X1nput
If you are able to make XInputPlus (or X1nput) work correctly, please give me a message. I am interrested in a better fix for the X1 controller.

Quote from: ak2yny on April 28, 2021, 03:09AM
I think the dinput8.dll is only indirectly involved. The file from XInputPlus might include all necessary information for MUA and the ASI loader (which is what dinput8.dll in the 50RH is for).

Curious: Are you using an Xbox One (Wireless) controller? There is a fix for it, without the need to edit XInput or dinput libraries, but it's not perfect.
I found another XInput mod for the Xbox One controller that doesn't edit dinput8.dll, but I am not able to test it: https://github.com/araghon007/X1nput
If you are able to make XInputPlus (or X1nput) work correctly, please give me a message. I am interrested in a better fix for the X1 controller.

Thanks, but I couldn't make them work. I tried X1nput and it did nothing. Maybe I'm missing something. I also tried to use the XInputPlus dinput8.dll, but it makes the game crash at startup. When I use the 50 character hack dll, it works fine. I'm not using a real XBox controller. I'm using a generic controller and x360ce. It makes windows recognize a virtual XBox 360 controller, and it also hides the physical controller, using HidGuardian, so it should work fine in any game. However, this game doesn't seem to play nice with this virtual XBox 360 controller. I think I'll just create another x360ce config, specific for this game, remapping each physical button to the ones recognized by the game.

After messing with x360ce config for a while (nothing worked), I reset everything to default, and for some reason the game works fine now. I mean, every button does what it's supposed to. However, the on-screen button prompts are wrong, they seem to be based on a weird generic controller layout where X is A, A is B and B is X. But it's just a minor inconvenience, the game is playable, as long as I ignore the on-screen icons. I don't know if I changed anything that fixed the input problem, or it was working fine from the start and I was just confused.

Quote from: MaxShadow on April 28, 2021, 03:22PM
After messing with x360ce config for a while (nothing worked), I reset everything to default, and for some reason the game works fine now. I mean, every button does what it's supposed to. However, the on-screen button prompts are wrong, they seem to be based on a weird generic controller layout where X is A, A is B and B is X. But it's just a minor inconvenience, the game is playable, as long as I ignore the on-screen icons. I don't know if I changed anything that fixed the input problem, or it was working fine from the start and I was just confused.

This is a common issue with the xbox controllers that has something to do with the inputs being handled incorrectly. There's a fix in the OCP for these textures that puts the correct texture in the correct place so that the game will show the right buttons

I'm not so sure if Max talks about the same issue here BaconWizard17.

Try to restore all default textures (original from 2006) in the "texs" folder MaxShadow. It might resolve the prompt buttons issue.
The prompt buttons are part of the keys texture...

Wow, I've been away for a while, enjoying the game, and coming back, and this is incredible!  Huge thanks to everyone that made this possible!

I do have a question, not about this mod, but in the photo, is there a public release of that Emma Frost Mannequin?  I tried looking through all the skins posts, but couldn't find it anywhere, but admittedly, there's a lot and I may have overlooked it.

Also, I'm sorry about asking about this here, but wasn't completely sure where else to ask about it.

Copying and pasting some of this from the 36 roster hack thread:

I managed to get this to run on my Linux desktop without much hassle. For reference, I am using Proton-7.0-3 for this game. I just installed OCP and the roster hack as expected. However, before installing the roster hack, one of the files needs to be renamed so it gets loaded properly. In the unzipped roster hack, enter the ui folder then under the models folder, rename "m_team_stage.IGB" to "m_team_stage.igb" without the quotes.

For this game to launch with the roster hack, make sure that "WINEDLLOVERRIDES="dinput8=n,b" PROTON_NO_ESYNC=1 PROTON_NO_FSYNC=1 %command%" is present in the launch options for this game under Steam, without the outer quotes. WINEDLLOVERRIDES is necessary for Proton to properly use the dinput8.dll file. It's unrelated to the mod, but disabling ESYNC and FSYNC prevents the opening videos, menu, etc. from running at 1fps even on an unmodded install.

I also tried to get OpenHeroSelect to work, but to no success. That's probably going to need to run on Windows.

Quote from: VietQuang on August 07, 2022, 09:17AM
Copying and pasting some of this from the 36 roster hack thread:

I managed to get this to run on my Linux desktop without much hassle. For reference, I am using Proton-7.0-3 for this game. I just installed OCP and the roster hack as expected. However, before installing the roster hack, one of the files needs to be renamed so it gets loaded properly. In the unzipped roster hack, enter the ui folder then under the models folder, rename "m_team_stage.IGB" to "m_team_stage.igb" without the quotes.

For this game to launch with the roster hack, make sure that "WINEDLLOVERRIDES="dinput8=n,b" PROTON_NO_ESYNC=1 PROTON_NO_FSYNC=1 %command%" is present in the launch options for this game under Steam, without the outer quotes. WINEDLLOVERRIDES is necessary for Proton to properly use the dinput8.dll file. It's unrelated to the mod, but disabling ESYNC and FSYNC prevents the opening videos, menu, etc. from running at 1fps even on an unmodded install.

I also tried to get OpenHeroSelect to work, but to no success. That's probably going to need to run on Windows.

Since I am unfamiliar with Linux and this Proton program, I won't be able to test this myself. However, if you can have a few people on our Discord test this to confirm that it works, I will then consider this as a trusted method, and will mention it in the thread's post. Good luck.

Hats off, I've stayed away from these because I like the app where I pick my characters each game.
What I really liked, LOVED as a matter of fact....I did not have to set my own mod for having the shield access point at beginning. So weird to see that in another mod..
That, and when game started, seeing all those characters on the screen made me giggle a little.
Thanks, and thanks.
nice work,

This is an awesome mod. I had a hard time figuring out which characters to play because there are so many :applause: . Question though. I noticed IronMan, The Punisher, and Iron Fist are missing, when I have seen them in other players screenshots and videos.
Were they left out on purpose?
Do they need to be swapped in by replacing characters already installed?
Or are they in there and I just have'nt figured out how to access them :lamer: ?
Apologies if these questions have already been asked and answered elsewhere?

Quote from: tonyb42011 on November 19, 2022, 05:51PM
This is an awesome mod. I had a hard time figuring out which characters to play because there are so many :applause: . Question though. I noticed IronMan, The Punisher, and Iron Fist are missing, when I have seen them in other players screenshots and videos.
Were they left out on purpose?
Do they need to be swapped in by replacing characters already installed?
Or are they in there and I just have'nt figured out how to access them :lamer: ?
Apologies if these questions have already been asked and answered elsewhere?

Those characters are modded characters and the OCP doesn't include them. The picture was mainly to show people that any 50 characters you want can be placed in the game is all, though I understand the confusion.

November 20, 2022, 02:29AM #56 Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 02:36AM by tonyb42011
Thanks for the response. So my next question would be, how would I go about placing Iron Fist and The Punisher in the line-up (I just spotted :stark: :grin_no: )?

:lamer:  :ifist: :punisher_logo:

By editing the herostat.engb file included with the roster hack and replacing two playable characters with Iron Fist and Punisher, ensuring the assigned menulocation number previously used by two official characters you've decided, are the same for Iron Fist and Punisher when you add them. That's it.

Thanks for the instruction; worked like a charm  :thumbsup2: !!