Documentation of all cut content from Ultimate Alliance

Started by BaconWizard17, February 29, 2020, 07:56AM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 29, 2020, 07:56AM Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 04:39PM by BaconWizard17
Ultimate Alliance has a lot of cut content. I figured that an organized list would be very helpful

Characters

• Captain Britain (Had models made by Jason A. Harlow. The website specifically mentions him being a "bonus character on PSP". The PC version also has unused dialogue related to the character.)
  • Colossus (cut from last-gen and PC versions, various files still exist, can be played through a glitch in some versions)
  • Gambit  ("Considered for a long time", but ultimately cut due to already having 4 X-Men in the base game.)
  • Howard The Duck? (Mentioned in a video interview, programmer Ryan Danz apparently wanted him to appear in the game, possibly as "an Easter Egg or something".)
  • Hulk (cut from base game due to licensing issues, later added through DLC, various content including simulator dialogue exists in the base game, some was added through the OCP)
  • Iron Fist (still referenced in charinfo.xmlb as a PSP-exclusive character)
  • Jean Grey (Was a striker in the GBA version, so she may have been a cut character in the other versions)
  • Link (Video exists of a bit of his moveset, he and Samus were cut for unknown reasons, one popular rumor is that Nintendo was "enraged" when Activision demonstrated the duo on PS2 hardware, however there doesn't seem to be any source backing this claim up. Others even think that this was an elaborate joke)
  • Longshot (still referenced in charinfo.xmlb as a PSP-exclusive character)
  • Moon Knight (cut from last-gen and PC versions, various files still exist, can be played through a glitch in some versions)
  • Namor (Unused data suggests an unlock after the Atlantis level, as well as a reference to his playability in the end credits gag in the final game. He was a striker in the GBA version, however.)
  • Psylocke ("Considered for a long time", but ultimately cut due to already having 4 X-Men in the base game.)
  • Punisher (Was "a big one from the playable list", but couldn't make it due to licensing issues)
  • Samus (Video exists of her moveset, she and Link were cut for unknown reasons, one popular rumor is that Nintendo was "enraged" when Activision demonstrated the duo on PS2 hardware, however there doesn't seem to be any source backing this claim up. Others even think that this was an elaborate joke)

Cut Skins

• Arcade: has a skin that was used to develop the static model inside his robot. The skin is still in the game files
  • Frost Giant: purple clothes (found in Marvel Legends prototype)
  • Lizard: lab coat skin (implemented in the OCP in the VS Lizard simulator mission
  • Mr. Fantastic: Lab Coat (exists in the final game but is not rigged)
  • Rhino: Ultra Rhino skin (implemented in the OCP in Asgard)
  • Shocker: Ultra Shocker skin (implemented in the OCP in Asgard)
  • Sif: Skin with cape (found in Marvel Legends prototype)
  • Super Soldier: torn Captain America clothes (found in Marvel Legends prototype)
  • Vision:  Harlow has a PSP Vision model in his portfolio as well, which doesn't match up with the final Vision model. The website specifically says he was a "bonus NPC on PSP", but it's unknown what role he would've played. Much like the unique version of Super Skrull from Captain Marvel's simulator mission, he might have been an NPC in a simulator for one of the cut PSP characters.
  • Wolverine: Leather Jacket
  • Many generic NPCs have unused alternate variants (including the AIM trooper)

Cut Bosses

• Annihilus
  • Electro. Shocker has an ill-fitting ranged electricity attack which could've possibly been left over from Electro. Mandarin also has an entity that sounds like it could have been Electro's originally.
  • Hobgoblin (Spider-Man villain)
  • Kang the Conquerer
  • Stygorr

Cut NPCs

• There are several NPCs (primarily enemies) that had empty packages or other files in the Marvel Legends prototype, but it's unknown if they got very far in development or were ever seriously considered. None of these characters had any visual assets. These include: Blaastar, Blackout, Deathwatch, Demogoblin, Doctor Octopus, Grim Reaper, Hela, Man Spider, Nahrees, Screaming Mimi, Stygorr, Tonaja, Veritus, Whirlwind

Cut Levels

Cut Level Aspects

• In Stark Tower, heroes would originally rise up on an elevator when entering the area. This is likely the circle in the floor near Wyatt Wingfoot
  • Omega Base Expanded Bruce Banner Interactions/Hulk Boss Fight/Special Conversation between Hulk & Thing. It can be assumed from conversations that the players were meant to fight the Hulk, but it's difficult to say for sure.
  • Omega Base Extended Elevator Sequence where the heroes have to find an override to get power back on
  • Omega Base Unlockable Mr. Fantastic Assistance Side-Mission
  • Countless Unused Special Conversations with various characters on specific maps

Cut Features

• Character selection portraits like XML2 (though could just be placeholders)
  • 3D character heads like XML2
  • During early development, character models still used cel shading from the XML games
  • Act-specific character selection screens (though could be an XML2 remnant)
  • Health an energy potions instead of orbs
  • Hank Pym would run the shop for gear, sim disks, and potions

Other cut conversations:
Quote from: LarsAlexandersson on February 29, 2020, 06:24PM
* Hulk's playable-based dialogue after unlocked as playable characters. If only these cut special dialogues of his reused when X360 DLC/Gold Edition was released:
** Ultimo Mark 2
** Spider-Woman
** As an NPC himself
** Dr. Doom's Puzzle Door
* Spider-Woman w/ Uatu for the 1st time before going to Shi'ar
* Jean w/ Spider-Man & Storm: On second battle at Murderworld. Spidey's special dialogue files w/ Jean has the same number as Cyclops' (014), but alongside Storm's being put in a wrong folder, "murder1" instead of "murder2"
* Either as Ms. Marvel or Iron Man, once entering Fake Castle Doom
* Iron Man w/ Nick Fury on destroying Galactus' device before entering the lab where Titanus is. The special dialogue is messy on mostly Iron Man part, if I recalled correctly
* Iron Man's disbelieve what Doom did to his tower
* Ghost Rider HQ conversation before we enter the Murderworld/Fake Castle Doom. He could have disappear after Murderworld mission like Angel, & reappear again after being rescued in Mephisto's Realm like Beast, but may require new dialogue to ask how GR disappear after Murderworld
* Doctor Strange, after saving GR by taking his place. The script seems incomplete as well. Strange said if he takes GR's place, he can use Astral projection, would that mean he remains playable rather than being unlocked after defeating Mephisto?
* Doctor Strange w/ Mephisto, upon entering before defeating multiple demons to enter Mephisto's location
* Magneto w/ Arcade, sound only, Disco Death
* Nightcrawler w/ Mephisto. Twice: After breaking the chain to rescue GR; & entering the location where Mephisto is waiting before we defeat multiple demons then go after him. The last one happens to be incomplete, as Nightcrawler has no extend voice dialogues relating to Doom's acquire to the sword and assault Asgard
* Prequel mission involving Fury, Hawkeye, Widow & Captain America

Not-so cut, but remained forgotten to be fixed officially, even after GE was released:
* Dr. Doom w/ Ymir: Wrong file name located on the name of dlc maps package within the act3 folder, which is inside the dlc's rar file, mua_dlc.zip/packages/dlc/maps/, wrongfully labelled the file name as "niffleheim2_dlc" instead of "niffleheim2b_dlc"
* Mr. Fantastic & Triton: Script involving on talking to Triton mislabeled as Mr. Fantastic as "Reed". This is prior to going to Shi'ar
* Doctor Strange w/ Dr. Doom: Once entering the Castle Doom, Strange has a same special dialogue location as Panther, but the script mislabeled him as "DoctorStrange" instead of "DrStrange"

Some unused conversations can be read here: https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10826.msg202710.html#msg202710

* Hulk's playable-based dialogue after unlocked as playable characters. If only these cut special dialogues of his reused when X360 DLC/Gold Edition was released:
** Ultimo Mark 2
** Spider-Woman
** As an NPC himself
** Dr. Doom's Puzzle Door
* Spider-Woman w/ Uatu for the 1st time before going to Shi'ar
* Jean w/ Spider-Man & Storm: On second battle at Murderworld. Spidey's special dialogue files w/ Jean has the same number as Cyclops' (014), but alongside Storm's being put in a wrong folder, "murder1" instead of "murder2"
* Either as Ms. Marvel or Iron Man, once entering Fake Castle Doom
* Iron Man w/ Nick Fury on destroying Galactus' device before entering the lab where Titanus is. The special dialogue is messy on mostly Iron Man part, if I recalled correctly
* Iron Man's disbelieve what Doom did to his tower
* Ghost Rider HQ conversation before we enter the Murderworld/Fake Castle Doom. He could have disappear after Murderworld mission like Angel, & reappear again after being rescued in Mephisto's Realm like Beast, but may require new dialogue to ask how GR disappear after Murderworld
* Doctor Strange, after saving GR by taking his place. The script seems incomplete as well. Strange said if he takes GR's place, he can use Astral projection, would that mean he remains playable rather than being unlocked after defeating Mephisto?
* Doctor Strange w/ Mephisto, upon entering before defeating multiple demons to enter Mephisto's location
* Magneto w/ Arcade, sound only, Disco Death
* Nightcrawler w/ Mephisto. Twice: After breaking the chain to rescue GR; & entering the location where Mephisto is waiting before we defeat multiple demons then go after him. The last one happens to be incomplete, as Nightcrawler has no extend voice dialogues relating to Doom's acquire to the sword and assault Asgard
* Prequel mission involving Fury, Hawkeye, Widow & Captain America

Not-so cut, but remained forgotten to be fixed officially, even after GE was released:
* Dr. Doom w/ Ymir: Wrong file name located on the name of dlc maps package within the act3 folder, which is inside the dlc's rar file, mua_dlc.zip/packages/dlc/maps/, wrongfully labelled the file name as "niffleheim2_dlc" instead of "niffleheim2b_dlc"
* Mr. Fantastic & Triton: Script involving on talking to Triton mislabeled as Mr. Fantastic as "Reed". This is prior to going to Shi'ar
* Doctor Strange w/ Dr. Doom: Once entering the Castle Doom, Strange has a same special dialogue location as Panther, but the script mislabeled him as "DoctorStrange" instead of "DrStrange"
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Hulk would show up as an NPC in the Sanctum Sanctorum. His dialogue is still present in the game's files in 2_strange_360.engb and would include questions about Bruce Banner which would annoy him - the final dialogue option would then be to "Stop pestering Hulk".
I'm a modder from Brazil. Check out my mods!

March 01, 2020, 01:40AM #4 Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 11:10PM by LarsAlexandersson
That number somehow foreshadowing Hulk's playable appearance Gold Edition F|

UPDATE: There’s another 3 completely new cut contents which weren’t included in Gold Edition in-game release, just 3 loading screens, 2 for Hulk, & Venom since they are brand new, leaving these 3 as wallpapers only for promo purposes, just like 2 of 4 XML vets who are part of GE release (Cyclops & Nightcrawler) whose mostly XML2 loading screens reused for GE wallpaper promo too

My Progress:

Script files for the Sanctum Sanctorum indicate that instead of "A History of the Arcane", the Vision would ask you to find an erotic robot book called Playbot for him. I can see why that was changed...

Quote from: Enchlore on March 06, 2020, 12:29PM
Script files for the Sanctum Sanctorum indicate that instead of "A History of the Arcane", the Vision would ask you to find an erotic robot book called Playbot for him. I can see why that was changed...

Probably was a dev joke in all honesty

Kids everywhere, which is a good choice to exclude that ero-script from the finalized release. MUA & XML are developed to be friendly-based games, NOT ero-based games

My Progress:

February 05, 2022, 04:54PM #8 Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 10:20AM by Cyborg Sun
First off, I just want to say that, no, Vision is NOT a striker characters in the GBA version of MUA. In fact, as far as I know, he doesn't appear at all. I reported this to Ethan a few months ago, so I'm disappointed that's still there.

Anyways, at that same time, I made a more "up to date" list of unused playable characters. For this reply, I updated it with sources and reasonings behind their cuts, wherever they were applicable. Here it is:

• Colossus & Moon Knight, base game? (Can be played as through a glitch in all "past-gen" versions, suggesting they originally weren't going to be exclusives.)

Hulk, base game (Tons of unused data, including simulator dialogue that was repurposed for the OCP mod, was cut late in development most likely due to licensing issues.)

Namor (Unused data suggests an unlock after the Atlantis level, as well as a reference to his playability in the end credits gag in the final game. He was a striker in the GBA version, however.)

Jean Grey? (Was a striker in the GBA version, so she may have been a cut character in the other versions?)

Punisher (Was "a big one from the playable list", but couldn't make it due to licensing issues.)

Gambit & Psylocke (Were "considered for a long time", but ultimately cut due to already having 4 X-Men in the base game.)

Iron Fist & Longshot, PSP version (In all versions of the game, there exists a file known as "charinfo". This file has a list of characters, with the PSP exclusives having the line "platform = psp". These two are listed in the file with that line, along with Moon Knight for whatever reason, suggesting he was planned to be one of the exclusives as well.)

Captain Britain, PSP version (Not in the charinfo file, but had models made by Jason A. Harlow. The website specifically mentions him being a "bonus character on PSP". The PC version also has unused dialogue related to the character.)

Link & Samus (Yes, the Nintendo characters), Wii version (Video proof that work was done on them exists, as well as an image of Link from Harlow's portfolio, which got removed and replaced with one which had the MUA branding scrubbed. I have found no definitive reason as to why they were cut; one popular rumor is that Nintendo was "enraged" when Activision demonstrated the duo on PS2 hardware, however there doesn't seem to be any source backing this claim up. Others even think that this was an elaborate joke, but I doubt that.)

Howard the Duck? (Mentioned in a video interview, programmer Ryan Danz apparently wanted him to appear in the game, possibly as "an Easter Egg or something". Not too specific, but can you imagine if he actually was playable?)

Maybe not a "playable" role, but it's worth mentioning that Harlow has a PSP Vision model in his portfolio as well, which doesn't match up with the final Vision model. The website specifically says he was a "bonus NPC on PSP", but it's unknown what role he would've played. Much like the unique version of Super Skrull from Captain Marvel's simulator mission, he might have been an NPC in a simulator for one of the cut PSP characters.

Quote from: Cyborg Sun on February 05, 2022, 04:54PMCaptain Britain, PSP version (Not in the charinfo file, but had models made by Jason A. Harlow. The website specifically mentions him being a "bonus character on PSP".)
Additionally, the PC version has an unused special conversation for him with the Atlantean soldiers you meet at the beginning of the first underwater level.

February 06, 2022, 11:30AM #10 Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 07:43AM by Nightcrawler171711
Throwing in more info i know of
Howard the duck received a movie in the 80s.
Blade, elektra, daredevil, f4, xmen, and spiderman all received movies before mua and ended up playable in the game so maybe this is why he was considered.

Likly reused placeholder skins from what baconwizrd has said
Xavier
Beast
Quicksilver
Emma Frost

Hank Pym has a cybernetic helmet given to him and in marvel legends there was a cut boss that was an enemy of hanks which gives an idea that the team wouldve worked with hank for a level after getting his helmet like the missions with corsair and dugan.

Quote from: Cyborg Sun on February 05, 2022, 04:54PM
First off, I just want to say that, no, Vision is NOT a striker characters in the GBA version of MUA. In fact, as far as I know, he doesn't appear at all. I reported this to Ethan a few months ago, so I'm disappointed that's still there.

Anyways, at that same time, I made a more "up to date" list of unused playable characters. For this reply, I updated it with sources and reasonings behind their cuts, wherever they were applicable. Here it is:

• Colossus & Moon Knight, base game? (Can be played as through a glitch in all "past-gen" versions, suggesting they originally weren't going to be exclusives.)

Hulk, base game (Tons of unused data, including simulator dialogue that was repurposed for the OCP mod, was cut late in development most likely due to licensing issues.)

Namor (Unused data suggests an unlock after the Atlantis level, as well as a reference to his playability in the end credits gag in the final game. He was a striker in the GBA version, however.)

Jean Grey? (Was a striker in the GBA version, so she may have been a cut character in the other versions?)

Punisher (Was "a big one from the playable list", but couldn't make it due to licensing issues.)

Gambit & Psylocke (Were "considered for a long time", but ultimately cut due to already having 4 X-Men in the base game.)

Iron Fist & Longshot, PSP version (In all versions of the game, there exists a file known as "charinfo". This file has a list of characters, with the PSP exclusives having the line "platform = psp". These two are listed in the file with that line, along with Moon Knight for whatever reason, suggesting he was planned to be one of the exclusives as well.)

Captain Britain, PSP version (Not in the charinfo file, but had models made by Jason A. Harlow. The website specifically mentions him being a "bonus character on PSP". The PC version also has unused dialogue related to the character.)

Link & Samus (Yes, the Nintendo characters), Wii version (Video proof that work was done on them exists, as well as an image of Link from Harlow's portfolio, which got removed and replaced with one which had the MUA branding scrubbed. I have found no definitive reason as to why they were cut; one popular rumor is that Nintendo was "enraged" when Activision demonstrated the duo on PS2 hardware, however there doesn't seem to be any source backing this claim up. Others even think that this was an elaborate joke, but I doubt that.)

Howard the Duck? (Mentioned in a video interview, programmer Ryan Danz apparently wanted him to appear in the game, possibly as "an Easter Egg or something". Not too specific, but can you imagine if he actually was playable?)

Maybe not a "playable" role, but it's worth mentioning that Harlow has a PSP Vision model in his portfolio as well, which doesn't match up with the final Vision model. The website specifically says he was a "bonus NPC on PSP", but it's unknown what role he would've played. Much like the unique version of Super Skrull from Captain Marvel's simulator mission, he might have been an NPC in a simulator for one of the cut PSP characters.

Added this info. Thanks!

Quote from: Nightcrawler171711 on February 06, 2022, 11:30AM
Throwing in more info i know of
Howard the duck received a movie in the 80s.
Blade, elektra, daredevil, f4, xmen, and spiderman all received movies before mua and ended up playable in the game so maybe this is why he was considered.

Suspicious characters that are most likely cut were
Hank Pym
Xavier
Beast
Quicksilver
Emma Frost

Emma and beast receives mentions by xavier in game
Those characters besides hank can be found in the doomsday cutscene along side gambit hulk and cyclops.
This is suspicious as gambit was cut alongside hulk
Also psylocke was cut and she is one of the dark xmen that can be found in act 5.
Since gambit and psylocke were cut this most likely means any dooms day heroes that appeared were most likely cut
Hulk returned as dlc
Cyclops did too
Magneto also did
Venom most likely was a spiderman 3 rep
But sabretooth was most likely chosen as a brotherhood villain rep over quicksilver(who was in the doomsday cutscene) due to being playable in xml2 and would fit the mua game mechanics.
Magneto was probably chosen over xavier because of the villains pack concept.
It seems like the canidates for dlc characters were doomsday victims, movie characters, previously cut characters, and past playable characters throughout mua and xml.

Hank Pym has a cybernetic helmet given to him and in marvel legends there was a cut boss that was an enemy of hanks which gives an idea that the team wouldve worked with hank for a level after getting his helmet like the missions with corsair and dugan or he wouldve been playable.

I think most of this stuff relates to convenience. Xavier, Beast, Quicksilver, and Emma Frost are most likely in that cutscene because the models already existed for XML2 cutscenes. It would be cheaper for Blur (and therefore Raven) to recycle old models rather than make new ones. I would imagine that Sabretooth was chosen as playable because he already had assets from XML2 as well, which would be much easier to recycle rather than starting a new character from scratch. I would imagine that's also why they also chose Magneto as well as Cyclops and Nightcrawler (although those last two do also appear in the story). You'll notice that many model textures and animations for these characters are directly from XML2.

May 30, 2022, 02:32PM #12 Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 02:45PM by Cyborg Sun
Here are some more potentially useful notes, and a couple of requests:

-There is an unused skin for Lizard (lab coat; this model is used in the OCP in the VS Lizard sim), plus "Ultra Rhino" and "Ultra Shocker" (both are now used in the OCP in Asgard, to match with Ultra Scorpion). About the cut Lizard skin, this implies we were meant to fight him sometime before his Asgard fight (technically meaning we actually fight "Ultra Lizard" in the final game).

-Shocker in the final game uses a ranged electricity attack, which is unfitting for him. This most likely ties in to Electro's cut boss appearance.

-It is mentioned that there is an unused Captain Britain conversation (Enchlore said it was in Atlantis when talking to the soldiers at the beginning of the mission), can anyone decompile the dialogue and post it here? I would also like the unused dialogue related to meeting Hulk in the Omega Base decompiled and posted (as that's unlikely to ever be restored in the OCP).

-If anyone else has any interesting unused code findings from any version of the game, I would also like to see them posted here. Any and all discoveries regarding unused content are welcome in my eyes!

Also, I've seen a potential misconception floating around; It seems at least a few people believed there was meant to be an actual fight against the Hulk in the Omega Base, however Jake recently told me that there's nothing in the games code/scripts that actually indicates this. Can anyone give us a definitive answer to this?

May 30, 2022, 07:12PM #13 Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 08:12AM by Nightcrawler171711
This is all info on content that was confirmed to be cut from an earlier build of mua known as marvel legends but im also adding known cut content from the final build.

cut skins
wolverine leather jacket
mr fantastic labcoat
10601 frost giant with purple clothes
11001 super soldier with torn captain america's clothes
9801 fenrir wolf with orange fiery skin
10301 lady sif with cape

Npcs
veritus
tonaja
nahrees
screamingmimi
Hela
Namor (in attilan)
Hulk (inner sanctum)
Agent X
Frigga
MJ 'Mary Jane' (Likely cut due to cut objective)

Cut bosses/villians:
deathwatch
demogoblin
doctor octopus
manspider
stygorr
whirlwind
grim reaper
blackout
blaastar
kang the conquerer
hobgoblin
electro
annihilus

Some of these characters were inthe npc stat. All of these cut characters had fb packages with placeholder skins. Most of the villains that made it into the the game already had a skin with some work done.

Quote from: Cyborg Sun on May 30, 2022, 02:32PM
-It is mentioned that there is an unused Captain Britain conversation (Enchlore said it was in Atlantis when talking to the soldiers at the beginning of the mission), can anyone decompile the dialogue and post it here?

1_atlantis1_042.engb:

text = %ATLANTEANARMORED_A%: Surface dwellers have invaded Atlantis! They must be destroyed! ;
            response {
            text = %BLANK% ;
               line {
               text = %CAPTAINBRITAIN%: Stay where you are. We've come in peace, to help Namor, your ruler. ;
                  response {
                  text = %BLANK% ;
                     line {
                     text = %ATLANTEANARMORED_A%: Namor... yes, he had to be dealt with harshly. ;
                        response {
                        text = %BLANK% ;
                           line {
                           text = %CAPTAINBRITAIN%: What have you done? Is he hurt? Speak quickly! ;
                              response {
                              text = %BLANK% ;
                                 line {
                                 text = %ATLANTEANARMORED_A%: It had to be - don't you understand? Namor is a friend of the surface dwellers. He is unfit to rule us. ;
                                    response {
                                    text = %BLANK% ;
                                       line {
                                       text = %CAPTAINBRITAIN%: Impossible. He has reigned over Atlantis for years and the people love him. ;
                                          response {
                                          text = %BLANK% ;
                                             line {
                                             text = %ATLANTEANARMORED_A%: Ahhh, my head. Stop talking! Namor had to pay... and now you will too! ;

Another Captain Britain conversation in 2_strange1_220.engb from the RE:

text = %NICKFURY%: Captain Britain, I hope you're ready for Mephisto's Realm. It's not going to be easy. ;
            response {
            text = %BLANK% ;
               line {
               soundtoplay = voice/captainbritain/2_strange1_220_011_cb ;
               text = %CAPTAINBRITAIN%: Yes, I'm well aware of that, Colonel. But not to worry; we have the best team possible for this mission. ;

Quote from: Cyborg Sun on May 30, 2022, 02:32PM
Also, I've seen a potential misconception floating around; It seems at least a few people believed there was meant to be an actual fight against the Hulk in the Omega Base, however Jake recently told me that there's nothing in the games code/scripts that actually indicates this. Can anyone give us a definitive answer to this?

This is pretty much all we have:

1_omega3_075.engb:

text = %PLAYER%: Let's get that debris off Dr. Banner. ;
            response {
            chosenscriptfile = act1/omega/omega3/hulkburstfree ;
            text = %BLANK% ;
               line {
               notalkanim = true ;
               soundtoplay = voice/hulk/1_omega3_075_011_hul ;
               text = %HULK%: Rrrrr, what just happen? Who tried to hurt Hulk? ;
                  response {
                  soundtoplay = voice/player/1_omega3_075_012_tl ;
                  text = %PLAYER%: Dr. Banner, is that you? ;
                     line {
                     notalkanim = true ;
                     soundtoplay = voice/hulk/1_omega3_075_013_hul ;
                     text = %HULK%: Nooo! Me not Banner! Me Hulk! And why did you try to kill Hulk? ;
                        response {
                        soundtoplay = voice/player/1_omega3_075_014_tl ;
                        text = %PLAYER%: That wasn't our fault Hulk. The Masters of Evil set off that bomb. ;
                           line {
                           notalkanim = true ;
                           soundtoplay = voice/hulk/1_omega3_075_015_hul ;
                           text = %HULK%: You're trying to confuse Hulk with lies. And when Hulk get confused, Hulk smash! Rrrrrrah! ;

(The conversation implies that this would happen if you'd fail to disarm the bomb. There's nothing left about a timer, or fail, or debris, or end_meethulk.py, hulkburstfree.py, or anything.)

1_omega3_078.engb:

text = %PLAYER%: Hulk, we're not here to fight you. We came to save you from the explosion. ;
            response {
            text = %BLANK% ;
               line {
               soundtoplay = voice/hulk/1_omega3_078_011_hul ;
               text = %HULK%: Is that true? Are you really Hulk's friends? ;
                  response {
                  text = %PLAYER%: Yes. The Masters of Evil set off that bomb, not us. ;
                     line {
                     soundtoplay = voice/hulk/1_omega3_078_013_hul ;
                     text = %HULK%: Hmmm, who are Masters of Evil? ;
                        response {
                        text = %PLAYER%: A group of super villains led by Dr. Doom. ;
                           line {
                           soundtoplay = voice/hulk/1_omega3_078_015_hul ;
                           text = %HULK%: Hulk knows Dr. Doom. He's a loud mouthed tin man who wants to control Hulk, and make Hulk do bad things. Now he tried to kill Hulk with a bomb? ;
                              response {
                              text = %PLAYER%: Yes, he did. ;
                                 line {
                                 soundtoplay = voice/HULK/1_OMEGA3_078_017_HUL ;
                                 text = %HULK%: Then Hulk will help you smash bossy man and his Masters of Evil. Hulk will show everyone that Hulk is the strongest! ;

1_omega3_079.engb (special conversation version):

text = %THING%: Hulk, cool your jets before I really clobber you. We aren't here ta fight you. We wanted to save you from that bomb. ;
            response {
            text = %BLANK% ;
               line {
               soundtoplay = voice/hulk/1_omega3_079_011_hul ;
               text = %HULK%: Thing isn't lying to Hulk is he? Thing is really Hulk's friend? ;
                  response {
                  text = %BLANK% ;
                     line {
                     soundtoplay = voice/thing/1_omega3_079_012_thi ;
                     text = %THING%: You got it, buddy. Besides, you know bombs ain't my thing. That was left by the Masters of Evil. ;
                        response {
                        text = %BLANK% ;
                           line {
                           soundtoplay = voice/hulk/1_omega3_079_013_hul ;
                           text = %HULK%: But who are the Masters of Evil? ;
                              response {
                              text = %BLANK% ;
                                 line {
                                 soundtoplay = voice/thing/1_omega3_079_014_thi ;
                                 text = %THING%: They're a bunch of no-good bums that are led by Dr. Doom. ;
                                    response {
                                    text = %BLANK% ;
                                       line {
                                       soundtoplay = voice/hulk/1_omega3_079_015_hul ;
                                       text = %HULK%: Hulk remembers him. Dr. Doom is a big loud mouthed tin man who always wants to control Hulk, and make Hulk do bad things. ;
                                          response {
                                          text = %BLANK% ;
                                             line {
                                             soundtoplay = voice/THING/1_OMEGA3_079_016_THI ;
                                             text = %THING%: You got it in one, big guy. Seems like he's really got your oysters steamed, so why don't you join the team and give us a hand? ;
                                                response {
                                                text = %BLANK% ;
                                                   line {
                                                   soundtoplay = voice/hulk/1_omega3_079_017_hul ;
                                                   text = %HULK%: Hulk would be happy to smash little bossy man and his Masters of Evil. Hulk will show everyone who is the strongest! ;