Hello

Welcome, Guest. To unlock the rest of the forums
please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Cyclops and Jean conversation in Murderworld  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Enchlore

• Marvel Modder
  • Amazing Member
  • Upvotes: 11
  • aka Geddy
Cyclops and Jean conversation in Murderworld
« on: March 07, 2020, 06:32pm »

This mod adds the conversations between Cyclops and Jean at Murderworld, before and after you fight her in the Big Top area.

The Official Characters Mod didn't include these conversations, and the Gold Edition Content Mod's author had trouble implementing them. I also had some trouble - the game crashed at the Big Top level when I added new conversations to the level's package file (I followed every step from scottsum's tutorial). So what I did was replace two special conversations: Invisible Woman's and Magneto's (from the Official Characters mod - needless to say you need to have it for this to work, then). Magneto's conversation isn't really that big of a loss, honestly, since it was custom made, a bit random, and wasn't fully voiced.

This will replace Cyclops' voice file (cyclop_v.zss) - he will have Scott MacDonald's voice acting from MUA Gold Edition. If you want a different voice during gameplay without messing with the Jean dialogue, import sounds from your desired voice pack. I'm also gonna do it for myself later since I'm not really into MacDonald as Cyclops...

Download
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 11:47am by Enchlore »
Check out my mods!
Aesthetics | Boosters | Characters | NPCs | Skins | Sounds

Offline scottsum

• Marvel Modder
  • Astonishing Member
  • Upvotes: 26
  • "I have one power. I never give up."
Re: Cyclops and Jean conversation in Murderworld
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 08:03pm »
Nice work learning the coding here.  I had hoped to include a fix for this in the JL conversation mod and ran up against the same game limits you've stumbled on here.  I could make any of the DLC conversations work, but only when taking another one out.  Unfortunately, it appears porting this game to work on 32-bit systems meant sacrificing a few things to get it working properly.

Note: For my own purposes, I removed Magneto's non-voiced conversation and inserted the one for Cyclops and Jean after Pitfall, and it worked.  So, you might be able to get IW's back in there and still have it work.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 08:54pm by scottsum »
Justice League Conversation & Story Mod: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10385.0.html

Pretend heroes are always yelling and acting tough. Real heroes don't need to yell; they speak calmly, and everyone shuts up and listens.

Offline Enchlore

• Marvel Modder
  • Amazing Member
  • aka Geddy
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 08:11pm »
Note: For my own purposes, I removed Magneto's non-voiced conversation and inserted the one for Cyclops and Jean after Pitfall, and it worked.  So, you might be able to get IW's back in there and still have it work.
That's what I did here too. I had no other choice for the pre-fight conversation, though.
Check out my mods!

Offline scottsum

• Marvel Modder
  • Astonishing Member
  • Upvotes: 26
  • "I have one power. I never give up."
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 08:20pm »
Oh, I misread the first post.  I see now you added both of Cyclops's conversations; I thought you only added the first one.  That explains why you needed to take out two others.  Sorry for the mix-up.
Justice League Conversation & Story Mod: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10385.0.html

Pretend heroes are always yelling and acting tough. Real heroes don't need to yell; they speak calmly, and everyone shuts up and listens.

Offline LarsAlexandersson

• Convo Starters
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 62
  • The fighting/action game xpert & informer.
    • http://larsmasters.deviantart.com/
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 02:36pm »
Unfortunately, it appears porting this game to work on 32-bit systems meant sacrificing a few things to get it working properly.

Actually, whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit, the gamebreaking result still them same if we only just add file directories related to Cyclops’ special dialogue w/ Jean into “packages/generated/maps/act[number]/[area]/[area number]”, rather than in “zip/mua_dlc.zip/packages/dlc/maps/act[number]/[area]/[area number]_dlc”.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 10:17pm by LarsAlexandersson »
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Offline Enchlore

• Marvel Modder
  • Amazing Member
  • aka Geddy
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2020, 11:48am »
Fixed a scripting error that made the first conversation appear even when Cyclops isn't in the team - the download link was updated. Thanks to Master Reaver for notifying me about this on Discord.
Check out my mods!

Offline Nightcrawler171711

• Rook
  • Upvotes: 0
  • Hi, im Brandon. My focus here is to mod MUA PSP
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2020, 09:21pm »
is the conversation for nightcrawler and jean here too?

Offline Enchlore

• Marvel Modder
  • Amazing Member
  • aka Geddy
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2020, 01:08pm »
No, it's just the two Cyclops and Jean conversations.
Check out my mods!

Offline BobaFett

• Uncanny Member
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 05:37pm »
Where can I find this Gold Edition Content mod? I think I need it in order to add the files pertaining to Cyclops' conversations with his evil self and with Dark Colossus as well.
The original Mar-Vell is the only Marvel that matters.

Offline Enchlore

• Marvel Modder
  • Amazing Member
  • aka Geddy
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2020, 05:54pm »
The download for the Gold Edition Content mod was taken down a while ago because it was causing too many game-breaking problems for people. I think there's a backup in Ceamonks' archive, but I'm not sure if it's still there.
Check out my mods!

Offline BobaFett

• Uncanny Member
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2020, 07:24pm »
The download for the Gold Edition Content mod was taken down a while ago because it was causing too many game-breaking problems for people. I think there's a backup in Ceamonks' archive, but I'm not sure if it's still there.
Thank you for the quick response. I imagine adding Cyclops' conversation with Dark Colossus would mean removing a special conversation from another hero (either Storm, Iron Man or Captain America), am I right?

Offline Enchlore

• Marvel Modder
  • Amazing Member
  • aka Geddy
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2020, 09:25am »
I'm not sure, but I think you'd need to. Castle Doom maps tend to be very fragile regarding adding conversations.
Check out my mods!

Offline BobaFett

• Uncanny Member
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2020, 06:01am »
Again, thank you for the link, but it seems the Gold Edition pack does not contain the files needed for me to introduce Dark Colossus and Dark Cyclops' conversations, unfortunately. The script for them to trigger is already there, I just needed the voices (which should be in sounds>eng>d>o>doom3_v.zss, I assume), but alas, this specific voice file is not in the pack. What a shame.

Offline Enchlore

• Marvel Modder
  • Amazing Member
  • aka Geddy
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2020, 10:05am »
The Cyclops voice file from Maegawa's booster (which I included in this Cyclops/Jean convo mod) has the sounds for the Dark Colossus dialogue too, if I recall correctly.
Check out my mods!