Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The Organized AssetsFB.wad for XML II: RoA  (Read 840 times)

Offline Lags

• Marvel Modder
  • Amazing Member
  • Upvotes: 40
  • Loves the Generic faceless Soldiers
The Organized AssetsFB.wad for XML II: RoA
« on: April 23, 2020, 07:21pm »
The Organized Assetsfb.wad

I didn't know where to actually post this but this will serve as an important piece for anyone modding the Gamecube version of X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse. I went through the assetsfb.wad and did a little clean up in removing a bunch of unused files that the developers left in the final build (ex: empty character and enemy files, unused character files of heroes that share the same ID with another hero, and maps specifically). And believe me, there was a damn ton of unused files that took a load of space.
The image below is a comparison of the original assetsfb and the organized one I did the clean up for:

That's a lot of space saved!

With that said, image below will direct you to the download containing the updated assetsfb.wad for your X-Men Legends II GCN needs, in freeing up much more space, and allowing you to install/create more mods than what your original assetsfb could handle. If you previously have any mods installed, just simply copy the character files, herostat.engb, etc. over to their respectful locations.

I still strongly recommend you keep a backup of your old assetsfb, in case you end up missing any files.

My GCN Mods for X-Men Legends 1 and 2, here.

Useful guides to XML GCN Modding

I'm more active on Marvel Mod's discord. Easily reachable there.