Hello

Welcome, Guest. To unlock the rest of the forums
please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: ZuluViking's Crap - UPDATE - Galactus + Gladiator FF NPC skins - No requests  (Read 1499 times)

Offline ZuluViking
  • Marvel Modder
  • Rook
  • Upvotes: 1
Hey everyone!

So I discovered this community a couple of months ago and was immediately hooked by the possibilities of modding this game. Many of you modders need to be thanked for making me fall in love with this game all over again, and while I've mostly relied on other modders skills and abilities to have a version of the game I'm very happy with, I have also had a crack at a bit of modding myself - mostly minor stuff like tiny tweaks on powerstyles, sounds and effects but I eventually also tried out editing mannequins to get my perfect roster:

After making a few mannequins, it didn't take long for me to try making a few skins, and I focused a lot on NPCs for my first outing (mostly with Future Fight models). If you're like me then you want modern models on the NPCs as well as the heroes. While many of the NPCs have appropriate skins, there were a few that I simply couldn't find. There might be better skins of these characters out there but I haven't seen them yet. So here are some skins for a few NPCs and bosses (as well as a couple of hero skins). Some of these characters have mods, but I haven't really tested the NPC skins for the character specific mods, but they should work as regular skins. They are however not hex-edited and I haven't included any spec-textures etc. If someone wants to make better versions of these skins with better textures and so on, please feel free. I'm probably not going to mod again for a while.

This pack includes the following:

5 NPC Boss skins - Bullseye, Destroyer, Mandarin, Mephisto, Ulik + Radioactive Man

Inhumans - Blackbolt, Gorgon, Karnak + Triton

Three hero skins and an NPC skin - She-Hulk, Red She-Hulk, The Void + Medusa

Here are a couple of screenshots of the skins used on the NPCs in the Attilan HUB:

Uatu NPC - It's not that great, and the arms will clip inside his robe, but it's something...

Karnak + Lockjaw NPC - Lockjaw's skeleton on the back-leg area is a mystery to me, so it's not perfect. He also doesn't have his the Thing-chew toy.

Lockjaw NPC

Blackbolt NPC

Gorgon NPC

Triton NPC

Medusa NPC

I've also included some mannequins for skins I haven't seen yet.

Remember to backup all your files before you add these ones. I also recommend tweaking the scale-factor in the npcstat on some of these skins. My Uatu skin should be 1.8 instead of 2 for example,

Download link is here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7024mjfponhds0p/file

Also, here is a HUD for Triton made by Master Reaver based on my skin: http://www.mediafire.com/file/sq5rzhofigrusmb/hud_head_5801.igb/file

Special thanks to:
Baconwizard for the tutorials and help to all my questions
AVENTUREIROMAX for the Martian Manhunter skin used for Radioactive Man and Uatu the Watcher
Xelandis on Deviantart for the Bullseye and Mandarin 3d Models
Pitermaksimoff on Deviantart for the Marvel Future Fight 3d Models
SSingh551 on Deviantart for the Lockjaw and Mephisto Contest of Champions 3d Models
Matt Malone for the Abe Sapien 3d Model
Julio Cabral for the She-Hulk MUA2 skin
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 05:09am by ZuluViking »

Offline ZuluViking
  • Marvel Modder
  • Rook
Re: Zuluviking Crap - Inhuman NPC skins + Boss skins
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 03:16pm »
Ps. Let me know if you come across skins for the Atlantean bosses, Gladiator and the skrulls Paibok and Titanus. Also, does anyone know how to change the gigantic skins like Galactus and Ymir?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 11:44am by ZuluViking »

Offline Panaka_69
  • Uncanny Member
Re: Zuluviking's Crap - Inhuman NPC skins + Boss skins
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 01:09am »
These were all very needed, good job man!

Offline ZuluViking
  • Marvel Modder
  • Rook
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 02:35am »
These were all very needed, good job man!

Thanks! I discovered your skins just the other day - some of which I was planning to do later for NPCs, so good job yourself and thanks for saving me the time :)
I'm gonna check out your music packs too, they seem perfect by the looks of it!

Offline BaconWizard17

• Admin
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 107
  • Sometimes you just gotta go for it, ya know?
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 07:44am »
These are really fantastic! Great work! I will add your thread to the skin thread catalog

Offline ZuluViking
  • Marvel Modder
  • Rook
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 08:05am »
These are really fantastic! Great work! I will add your thread to the skin thread catalog

Thanks! And thanks again for all your help. I always have your skin tutorial open in case I forget something :)
Great idea with the skin-thread btw, I've spent way too much time scowling these forums for different skins, so it should make things easier for everyone, especially new users!

Offline UltraMegaMagnus

• Marvel Modder
  • Fantastic Member
  • Upvotes: 25
  • Direct Message Disabled
Re: Zuluviking Crap - Inhuman NPC skins + Boss skins
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 09:13am »
Ps. Let me know if you come across skins for the Atlantean bosses, Gladiator and the skrulls Paibok and Tyranus. Also, does anyone know how to change the gigantic skins like Galactus and Ymir?

Great job man  :applause:

There is a Gladiator model for MFF, the rest don't have anything AFAIK.
MUA and XML uses same squeleton most of the time, that is why they almost have same proportion, shape, except for big characters like Galactus and others characters with special thing like tail.
To convert these special squeleton, we need to have their squeleton and rig model with similar shape.

I'll ask nikita488 about it, come to Discord if possible.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 09:42am by UltraMegaMagnus »

Offline ZuluViking
  • Marvel Modder
  • Rook
Here come two new NPC skins. Remember to back up those files especially Galactus!

Gladiator FF skin: http://www.mediafire.com/file/394w2krrebeoyu4/file

Preview:

Galactus NPC FF skin: http://www.mediafire.com/file/deuluybsfqw0wo5/file

Master Reaver also made a nice HUD to go with this skin: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b4heih2jduc487y/hud_head_1801.igb/file

I've had some trouble with exporting this NPC skin properly from 3ds Max, so this is the best version of Galactus I've been able to export so far. I'll probably update this skin later because it's far from perfect, but it's still very functional for the time being. You may notice that his right shoulder could use some work (when he does his overhead ground fist smash), and for some reason it seems that the vertices on his left foot aren't weighted to any bones even though I know this has been done in 3ds max. His foot is barely noticeable anyway considering we really only see his upper body.

EDIT: I've updated the skin so it looks much better, but I'm still not 100 % happy with the right shoulder during the overhead ground fist smash.

Preview:

BIG Thanks to UltraMegaMagnus and nikita488 for the Galactus biped, couldn't have done this without that.
They also deserve thanks for the Gladiator FF mesh.
Thanks to SSingh511 for the Galactus FF mesh
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 04:53am by ZuluViking »

Offline adamjm1990
  • Rook
  • Upvotes: 0
Woahhh!!! Your work is incredible man! :galactus: :galactus:

Offline milo

• Uncanny Member
  • Upvotes: 11
finally someone take care of the NPC's model 🤩
amazing work
-this site and all modders here help me too much. thanks a lot to keep MUA game alive-

Offline Julio Cabral

• Marvel Modder
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 174
These aren't crap at all. Thanks a lot for sharing!

Offline andersonbrazil

• Marvel Modder
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 138
  • The greatest hero died because of many.
ZuluViking, welcome to the modder office on MUA! You arrived in style, congratulations! Your conversions are incredible! I really liked Galactus. Continue with this beautiful work!
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
The greatest hero died because of many.

Offline ZuluViking
  • Marvel Modder
  • Rook
These aren't crap at all. Thanks a lot for sharing!

ZuluViking, welcome to the modder office on MUA! You arrived in style, congratulations! Your conversions are incredible! I really liked Galactus. Continue with this beautiful work!
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Thanks a lot you guys. I've used so many of your skins, so I'm honoured to have my skins be appreciated by the masters!