ZuluViking's Stuff - BEN 10 Mod, NPC Skins & Hulkbuster booster

Started by ZuluViking, August 04, 2020, 02:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welcome to my release thread!
I've gotten more and more addicted to modding ever since finding out about this community.
It all started with small tweaks here and there which eventually evolved into full-blown modding. And I'm loving it!
Now, my main goal as a modder is to remodel all the npc's, but I'll also convert a few playable skins along the way.
Occasionally I'll also release a mod or booster or two.
Enjoy! But please, no requests!
I hate to disappoint, but it's hard enough to find time for the things I already have planned.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ben Tennyson is finally here with his original 10 alien forms!
I'm no die-hard fan of the character, but I really liked the concept as a kid.
I've tried to do justice to all the alien forms and make each one feel unique and somewhat balanced while ultimately focusing on making it fun.
Unfortunately that has obviously resulted in a character pushed to the limit with way too many fightmoves.
Therefore Ben 10 has to be played solo to avoid crashes etc.

I've done a lot of testing and tried playing the entire Act 1 with only Ben 10.
I didn't encounter any problems or crashes, so that's a good sign at least.
However I can't guarantee that he won't crash the game later on because I haven't tried playing past Act 1 other than a few levels here and there.
If you encounter any problems, just let me know, and I'll see if there's anything I can do about it.

This is my first full mod and I may have gone slightly overboard, but I hope people will try him out even though he's not a Marvel character. I think he's really fun!

YouTube Preview:

Here's a list of his powers:

Notes:
It is recommended to have the Official Characters mod installed before any other mod.

Again: To avoid game crashes, Ben 10 should be played solo without any teammates because he has too many fightmoves.

Remember to backup all your files before you add these to your game folder.

Ben has been assigned #110 which he shares with Warpath and Hawkgirl, so their mannequins will clash.

I've aslo included script files from Outsider's Mystique mod which are needed for Ripjaws' underwater boost. These will overwrite the original files.

There is only one main Ben skin + hud, but this may be updated in the future.

The following alien forms lose certain basic gameplay elements like guarddecide which allows them to open doors and grab enemies:
Heatblast, Diamondhead, Upgrade, Wildmutt and Ghostfreak.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Credits:

Zuluviking: coding, huds, icons, skins and mannequin.
Outsider: Modding tutorial and general help + underwater script + inspiration.
Baconwizard: Skinning tutorial.
AustinTheBear: Alien models
Skuddbutt: Ben model
Ben 10: Protector of Earth developers: major inspiration.
whiteking & Maegwa: phase script from Moonstone/Vision mod.
techurious: Testing + feedback
Andersonbrazil: Testing + feedback
Anyone else I forgot to credit.

Spoiler

Spoiler
YouTube Preview:

This is a tiny Iron Man booster in the form of some changes to his Hulkbuster form.
The files in these folders are basically the same as Outsider's Iron Man booster, but with the added powers.

If you just want the Hulkbuster skin, then you can just add the "1532.igb" file in the actors folder to your game files without everything else.
If you want the skin with the new powers as well, then you first need to install the Outsider Iron Man booster before copying these folders into your game folders and adding the herostat.
The combat-actor file has specific animations, so this booster may not work with other Iron Man mods.

The following things have been added to the Hulkbuster mode:

- Different Walk and Run animations.

- Rocket Punch - To activate the power you have to be in Hulkbuster mode and press the smash-button while moving (walk or run). If you're idle you'll just do the regular smash attack (which can still be charged).

- Enemy Carry - Hulkbuster does the enemy carry instead of the standard enemy grab. I've also removed the heavy charge attack from the enemy carry and replaced it with a stronger version of Iron Man's grabsmash. I've also added code so that Iron Man automatically drops a carried enemy or object when the Hulkbuster buff deactivates.

- Heavy Step SFX - I've added code so that the heavy footstep sound effect doesn't just dissappear when carrying an enemy or object.

- I've also added some code so that you can switch between armour buffs without the buffs carrying over. This way you don't need to wait for the buff to deactivate before activating another one.

This booster adds quite a few Fightmoves and triggers, so I recommend playing with two characters at a time with this Iron Man. Also, please backup your files!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Spoiler
YouTube Preview:

Here comes a small Juggernaut booster with a few tweaks and additions. This used Outsider's amazing booster as a base so I'd download that first. First and foremost, thanks to UltraMega we've got a new Juggernaut charge animation! I've also changed two of his powers. I changed his radial punch (Brutal Blitz) to an elbow drop and I switched "Cyttorak Shield" with a new single dash head attack based on a Rhino power (Juggernaut can never really have too many headcrush-type attacks - that's his whole schtick). I've called this new dash power "Headcrush", and renamed the original Headcrush to "Unstoppable Charge" (The one where you hold the power button and can control where Juggernaut charges). I also switched the original headcrush with this new one when you press smash during Outsider's Unstoppable Rampage Boost. His stun attack has been changed to a headbutt, and lastly I added enemy carry directly when Juggernaut grabs an enemy, but he can still do his grab-smash when pressing smash while holding the enemy.

Other than that I've updated the power icons to Marvel Heroes' ones and added some more Juggernaut voice files and sounds from XML2 and MUA2. I also updated the running charge effects (copied and tweaked from Bulldozer in the Wrecking Crew).

Remember to back up those files!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Credits:

Outsider for some general help and giving me permission to tweak his mods
Nicaras for helping me with a particular problem in my Hulkbuster booster
Ultra for general help and the new Juggernaut running animation
Gevth for some major inspiration on the Hulk power

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

This is a new skin and sword + lazer bolton to go with Outsider's Baron Zemo mod, so first you'll need to install that mod.
I've added three different skins here.
   1. The default one in the actors folder has a sword on the back to best go with the animations.
   2. Then there's a skin with a sword on the hip which looks more correct for the character but doesn't look as good with the animations. These skins work fine without any of the extra files, but you need the other files for the sword skinsegment to disappear from his back/hip during the attack animations. Otherwise he'll have two swords which will just look weird (also he won't use the new sword without adding the powerstyle and fightstyle).

3. Lastly there's a skin without any sword which can be added without all the extra files since there's no skinsegment that needs to hide during animations.

I've also added a cool new mannequin based on a classic Baron Zemo pose, but there's also an alternate mannequin.

Sword Skinsegment Preview

DOWNLOAD HERE

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Credits:

Zuluviking: skins and huds.
BIG Thanks to UltraMegaMagnus, nikita488 and Baconwizard for the Galactus, Ymir and Scorpion bipeds as well as many models
Baconwizard for the tutorials and help to all my questions
AVENTUREIROMAX for the Martian Manhunter skin used for Radioactive Man and Uatu the Watcher
Xelandis on Deviantart for the Bullseye and Mandarin 3d Models
Pitermaksimoff and SSingh551on Deviantart for the Marvel Future Fight and Contest of Champions 3d Models
Matt Malone for the Abe Sapien 3d Model
Julio Cabral for the She-Hulk MUA2 skin
UltraMegaMagnus for the Future Fight Raw-files so I could get the models

August 04, 2020, 03:16PM #1 Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 05:41AM by ZuluViking
Ps. Let me know if you come across skins for the Atlantean bosses, Gladiator and the skrulls Paibok and Titanus. Also, does anyone know how to change the gigantic skins like Galactus and Ymir?

Quote from: Panaka_69 on August 05, 2020, 01:09AM
These were all very needed, good job man!

Thanks! I discovered your skins just the other day - some of which I was planning to do later for NPCs, so good job yourself and thanks for saving me the time :)
I'm gonna check out your music packs too, they seem perfect by the looks of it!

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on August 05, 2020, 07:44AM
These are really fantastic! Great work! I will add your thread to the skin thread catalog

Thanks! And thanks again for all your help. I always have your skin tutorial open in case I forget something :)
Great idea with the skin-thread btw, I've spent way too much time scowling these forums for different skins, so it should make things easier for everyone, especially new users!

August 05, 2020, 09:13AM #6 Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 09:42AM by UltraMegaMagnus
Quote from: ZuluViking on August 04, 2020, 03:16PM
Ps. Let me know if you come across skins for the Atlantean bosses, Gladiator and the skrulls Paibok and Tyranus. Also, does anyone know how to change the gigantic skins like Galactus and Ymir?

Great job man  :applause:

There is a Gladiator model for MFF, the rest don't have anything AFAIK.
MUA and XML uses same squeleton most of the time, that is why they almost have same proportion, shape, except for big characters like Galactus and others characters with special thing like tail.
To convert these special squeleton, we need to have their squeleton and rig model with similar shape.

I'll ask nikita488 about it, come to Discord if possible.

finally someone take care of the NPC's model 🤩
amazing work
-this site and all modders here help me too much. thanks a lot to keep MUA game alive-

ZuluViking, welcome to the modder office on MUA! You arrived in style, congratulations! Your conversions are incredible! I really liked Galactus. Continue with this beautiful work!
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Quote from: Julio Cabral on August 08, 2020, 04:22AM
These aren't crap at all. Thanks a lot for sharing!

Quote from: andersonbrazil on August 08, 2020, 06:54AM
ZuluViking, welcome to the modder office on MUA! You arrived in style, congratulations! Your conversions are incredible! I really liked Galactus. Continue with this beautiful work!
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Thanks a lot you guys. I've used so many of your skins, so I'm honoured to have my skins be appreciated by the masters!

Great skins man! Excellent job.
Canino passed away in April 2022. He will be dearly missed by the community

after long time being inactive from this site and come today, i am surprised. finally someone really take care of NPCs. keep great work mate i have dream that all NPCs and enemies are fully remodelled.
-this site and all modders here help me too much. thanks a lot to keep MUA game alive-

It's come to my attention that some have experienced a problem with the left-arm not reappearing in my Hulkbuster booster. I have therefore updated the Hulkbuster powerstyle-file with a backup solution in case the arm doesn't reappear when the projectile returns. I have also fixed a slight problem with the skin-switching buff (Hulkbuster included) that occured when switching from one skin buff to another. The former skin attributes would apply to the new skin (like switching from Hulkbuster to Suitcase would make the Suitcase keep all the Hulkbuster attributes including size animations and sound effects), and this would also change the default skin for some reason. So I added code so that you can change skins freely without attributes stacking.