Hello

Welcome, Guest. To unlock the rest of the forums
please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Official Character Pack 2.0 Released!  (Read 8296 times)

Offline BaconWizard17

• Admin
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 109
  • Sometimes you just gotta go for it, ya know?
Official Character Pack 2.0 Released!
« on: August 19, 2020, 08:05am »

ULTIMATE  ALLIANCE  OFFICIAL  CHARACTER  PACK  2.0

Logo by Teancum

This is a huge overhaul to the Official Characters Pack that adds many new features

Features
  • Includes files for all 54 "default" characters
    • MUA1 Next-Gen Exclusives: Colossus :colossus: and Moon Knight :moonk:
    • MUA1 Xbox 360/DLC Characters: Cyclops :cyclops:, Hawkeye :hawkeye:, Hulk :hulk_icon:, Nightcrawler :nightcrawler:, Dr. Doom :doom:, Magneto :magneto:, Sabretooth :stooth:, and Venom :venom:
    • MUA1 PSP Exclusives: Black Widow :blackwidow:, Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell) :genis:, and Ronin :ronin:
    • XML2 Characters: Bishop :bishop:, Cable :cable2:, Cannonball :cball:, Dark Phoenix, Gambit :gambit2:, Jean Grey :phoenix:, Juggernaut :juggernaut:, Professor X :xavier:, Pyro :pyro:, Scarlet Witch :scarletw:, Sunfire :sunfire:, Toad :toad:, and X-Man :xman:
    • XML1 Characters: Beast :beast:, Emma Frost :emmafrost:, Jubilee :jubilee:, Magma :magma: (all by BLiZZ), and Psylocke :psylocke: (by Dihan)
  • PSP exclusive Comic Book missions for Hawkeye and Captain Marvel
  • PC Exclusive models and skins for Silver Surfer :silvers: (Norrin Radd, The Keeper and Silver Savage)
  • PC exclusive Comic Book missions for Hulk, Silver Surfer and Moon Knight
  • Unique character conversations from the XBox 360
  • An alternative storyline for Mephisto's Realm
  • New character loadscreens
  • Enhanced conversation portraits
  • 6 skins and packages for each character (some are repeats/placeholders)
  • Fixed skins and conversation portraits
  • Heroselect has been removed
  • Various power fixes and improvements
  • Strong characters (Captain Marvel, Colossus, Hulk, Juggernaut, Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel, Thing, Thor) now have stun and knockback immunity
  • Black Widow & Cable uses Outsider's boosters
  • Toad, Gambit, and Bishop use Maegawa's boosters (but with standard costume passives)
  • Dihan's Psylocke has been modified to not use a custom fightstyle

The base roster is still the 23 main characters + Hulk, Captain Marvel, Moon Knight, and Hawkeye. You can swap in the others using XMLBCUI or OpenHeroSelect

Credits
Official Character Pack 1.3
  • Raven Software/Vicarious Visions: The original games (Vicarious Visions did the PSP port)
  • Neversoft: For Venom's voice (from the PS1 Spider-Man game)
  • THX: for starting and hosting marvelmods.com
  • BliZZ: for heading up the mod for a long time, doing the bulk of the character conversions, converting PSP exclusive missions for Hawkeye and Captain Marvel, making Comic Book missions for Hulk, Silver Surfer and Moon Knight, Dr Strange's Mannequin
  • Tommyboy2002: for his overall work on character models for MUA, as well as his Dr. Doom mannequin
  • Dark_Mark: Venom, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Ronin and Magneto models/mannequins, Cyclops models/skins, Silver Savage model/hud icon, Sabretooth mannequin, Swordsman model, Super Skrull skin, converting Xbox 360 Gold Edition unique character conversations, Venom, Hulk's and Hawkeye's power sounds, revised power sounds for Dr. Doom, Cyclops, Ronin and Nightcrawler, Black Widow fixes, alternative Murderworld storyline, preparation and compilation of versions 1.0 to 1.3
  • Iammingy: For incredible skins, fixing of effects, new boltons and the Black Widow mannequin
  • Norrin Radd: For Heroselect, the additional 3 Dr Doom skins, the Original Sabretooth skin, research on looping sounds in zsm's and other misc
  • Winstrol: for ZSMEditor, without which we wouldn't have sounds
  • Teancum: Converting character sounds, capturing Xbox 360 conversations and character voices, compiling of beta 3
  • Overload: For the posed Cyclops and Nightcrawler mannequins
  • Burning Rage, darkmythology: initial 360 conversion research
  • Noelemahc: invaluable research on game texture formats
  • LarsAlexandersson: converting more PSP sounds for Ronin
  • Venom: RC1 testing
  • Anyone else I forgot: Thanks
Official Character Pack 2.0
  • UltraMegaMagnus: His amazing efforts in putting together this pack, upscaling files, fixing skins, adding packages, etc. This wouldn't be here without him!
  • XML2 Character Conversions Credits
  • BLiZZ: Beast, Emma Frost, Jubille, Magma, and X-Man mods
  • Dihan: Psylocke mod
  • Boreman: Cannonball mod
  • Shafcrawler: Loadscreens
  • Caemonks890: general help and providing callouts
  • Canino: coding and icons conversion
  • Outsider: Black Widow & Cable boosters, Dark Phoenix fix
  • RasdelP: Moon Knight retexture of 4105 skin
  • MrKablamm0fish, Nikita488, Teancum, Baconwizard17, Jayglass, Andersonbrazil, Aventureimax, Nick, Bloodymares, Enchlore, LarsAlexandersson, LarsKusanagi, Stickbro, TurbularSpaceMan, BloodyMares, KingAdam, Julio Cabral, Datkofguy, Krisan Thyme, Rock, Maegawa
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 12:56pm by Outsider »

Offline powpowpower
  • Uncanny Member
  • Upvotes: 0
Re: Official Character Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 04:00pm »
wow thanks!!

Offline BaconWizard17

• Admin
  • Incredible Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 11:24am »
The download has been updated! The original x_common has been added back, and Nick Fury and Deadpool's NPCs have been fixed!

Offline Outsider

• From The Darkest Realm
  • Admin
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 247
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 02:18pm »
Just so everyone is aware, the OCP 2.0 has been updated, now adding the missing default characters from XML2 -- Cable and Dark Phoenix. Cable has my booster for him included, and Dark Phoenix had her mod number fixed to connect to the CCC so that she doesn't clash with Medusa.

Offline UltraMegaMagnus

• Marvel Modder
  • Fantastic Member
  • Upvotes: 27
  • Direct Message Disabled
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 12:33pm »
Writing thing to fix after report from Cyborg Sun 天 and Master Reaver (thx them for the report), so we don't forget it:
- Dr. Doom Ymir special convo fix (Scott fixed it) https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10385.0.html
- Gold characters sounds loop fix
- Clea(calf bad rig), Thing (forearms minor rig issue) rigging fix
- Chopper sounds to fix from Heli/Omega Level
- Cauldron sounds to fix from Forge Level
- Lava is sometimes not displaying correctly in Forge level, random graphical bug from the game, not from data files most likely.
- adding new mannequin for Dark Phoenix
- 5th and 6th package for Cable and Dark Phoenix maybe
- adding Dark Cyclops retexture from Lars based on next-gen model
- addng MrK XML2 Dark Phoenix model conversion with env
- adding igcolor to PS2 models and converted bolton/effect/weapons models too
- replacing Doom Bot with a next-gen model retextured maybe
- Fixing Mephisto sword handling so it hold it looks more natural on hands, but the collide attribute might be tricky for this model
- Deathbird with Javelin segment and updated powerstyle maybe
- Enchantress heal.engb to fix possibly by replacing "blank" to "end" or change the dialog so it sounds like Enchantress is talking
- adding Hawkeye fixed gold model from MrK with hud from Maegawa + Mannequin
- adding Ronin models with ponytail (done already)
- making Nightcrawler NPC using bolton tail when we save him in Mephisto level, it seems it does not uses any bolton tail in any game version when he's NPC, need to check if it could causes issue too after adding it, easy fix would be adding a static tail to the model itself, will be no problem for sure.
- Removing ambiant and emission from PS2 skins?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 02:12am by UltraMegaMagnus »

Offline ak2yny
  • Amazing Member
  • Upvotes: 1
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2020, 01:20pm »
I like, how you keep track of issues and possible updates.
Am I allowed to report here?

Offline Ceamonks890

• Admin
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 36
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 05:49pm »
I don't see why not. Go right ahead in reporting on any glitches or errors that may arise on your end :)

Offline ak2yny
  • Amazing Member
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2020, 03:10pm »
Alright, here are my reports:

First off: I compared all files in explorer and didn't actually go into the game and play it. I did ALL of them. Thats's thousands of files and code! There is stuff I'm not sure about and for some of it I report it as a "bug". Please make sure I'm correct before changing. I apologize for any wrong reports, that's what happened because I have such a mess with my files. I also apologize for reporting things that have already been fixed (I report on the version after the first update). I realize that the OCP is beeing updated as I am reporting.

I also report things as bugs that are no errors, but definitely not intended to be like that (like floating, non-animated mannequins).

I don't want to be pointing with fingers or making this version bad. In fact, I really love how the OCP 2.0 was put together (like model fixes, upscaling, more unique conversations, all characters available in good quality, etc).
And I am also very willing to help with the things I can. For some suggestions I can already provide the files or write the link where they're available.

Since the re-release of the game in 2016, there have been more attempts to re-enable cut contents and fix things, especially cut conversations. As a result there are many files around from Krisan Thyme's Gold Pack, LarsAlexandersson's Unofficial Patch for the RE, and even from the RE itself. The OCP 2 makes use of them, many files from the old OCP, and some new stuff (mainly by UltraMegaMagnus and Lars). Therefore, the Pack looked messy when I examined all the individual files. The report relies partly on sorting these different origins (like suggesting to use all Gold Character files from RE, instead of different sources). So I apologize again, when the report sometimes comes out a bit harsh (this is mostly out of my frustration for the mess).

I hope it's acceptable if I also put suggestions in this report.

I put my reports in four parts:
1) Important stuff. Bugs. Missing files. Obvious missing outs. Unnecessary files.
2) Stuff I don't know. Questions. Files that might cause bugs. Findings I just report, but don't know.
3) Suggestions. Stuff that might be worth checking out. Possible updates.
4) Stuff that we can discuss. Better of two mods. Things to include that aren't so official.

In addition to that, I decided to report in three steps:
I will try to be brief in this post and summarize the more important things.
I add a text file with the remaining two steps. In the first section (top of file), I report everything.
In the second section of the file (below), there's a big list of the folders and files that have something worth mentioning. This sometimes contains only comments on where the files came from, but other times gets to the detail of the report.

1) The things that I see to be necessary to change

Modded content: The content of the OCP should stay as close to the original (as released by the developers) as possible, except for obvious bug fixes. This is especially true for the heroes and specifically for the XML characters. Don't use boosters. Psylocke is for example heavily altered from the original xml mod. Others have been updated as well, though minimal, like a single skin replaced.

5th and 6th skins: Not much work was put in matching up huds and skins for extra skins. People are going to use their own favourite skins anyways. That doesn't mean that the OCP should not care what these skins are. No, it means that it should NOT bother to INCLUDE them, especially since the game was designed to have four skins/costumes for each hero only. And that's plenty. When you remove all these you can save more than 80mb. Same for extra loadscreens, that aren't official (there are very few of them). The packages for 5th and 6th skins should definitely stay, because they're super convenient.

SIM missions: I know that most missions are very much official, but so are the originals! I don't want them replaced! I hope I'm not alone. My idea is that you provide all the necessary files of SIM's and include an instruction how to replace an existing mission with a modded one. I don't know much about simulations, but as far as I know, you can edit a single file for that.
You can also add a quick SIM-swap mod in one of three ways: Batch files (I could help with that), Mod Organizer mini mods (I can explain what I mean and I could also do that), or an extra pack with the missions (can also be that one file only that needs to be edited).

Itab files: My mother tongue is German, and I don't see why only the Italians should have a translation. Most DLC content (the ones from the OCP 1.3) conversation itab files have no translation anyway. Why not skip all the itab files in the OCP, and make them available seperately?
Xmlb files: Many xmlb files aren't used by the game and could be removed. It came to my attention that some are used while others aren't (like powerstyles for heroes and SIM bosses). The OCP 2.0 already makes a better job at sorting these out as the OCP 1.3.

Vanilla files: The OCP includes files that are obviously still the exact same (or at least the result) as in the original 2006 release. Eg. powerstyles, fightstyles, talents, effects, packages, and HUDs of vanilla characters. A few have the old date, but others have a new date (but the same file-size). Check the detailed report.

Gold characters: The OCP 2.0 uses a mixture of the way the original OCP authors decided to name and file them and the way thei're filed in the RE. Therefore, it contains many unused or duplicate files (in effects and sounds) that should be removed. Eg. Sabretooth has pcsab_... and sabrth_... files in sounds. His powerstyle has to be edited beforehand though. If you need help in renaming or editing zss and zsm files, I can help with that. Also with powerstyles. I have done Black Widow, Captain Marvel, and Cyclops already.
A few skins of Gold Characters seem to be wrong (not RE adv. lighting fix). Doom Classic has not been converted yet (his imho improved version with a thinner belt).

ui\models: (All except m_team_stage.IGB, and mannequins folder) Files are versions from RE (typically slightly smaller size), but still the same ingame. Remove.
(ui\models\m_main_left_frame.igb removes the thing, that slides in from the left in main menu)

Mannequins: Lots of (alternate) named files. These need to be removed (saves almost 10mb).
Floating mannys should also be animated. If not possible, replace them with standing ones.

Single Files:
Thor HUD 1004: Use the one from Maegawa's HUD fix pack. It matches his other HUDs better.
Deadpool HUD 1701: Use the one from Maegawa's HUD fix pack. Or remove 1703+1704 as well. Only difference: Swords on back.
7 Mystique files in boltons can be removed? Mystique is not in the OCP 2.
Two conversation scripts are still the same as vanilla. Remove, unless the're going to be changed in the future.
silver_m.zsm needs fixes: Id of P5_CHARGE[2] needs to be changed to 35.
textures\ui\psylocke.igt: Doesn't belong here? Remove.
textures\ui\ronin_icons.igb: After upscaling, Ronin banner has still the same issue with the edges not fading. (I think I can fix that)
ui\menus\main_beenox.engb: Still the same as from vanilla. Remove!
Mr Fantastic (2001) mannequin arms are broken.
Check the detailed report for a few files that are in the wrong folder (part or all has been reported already).

2) Not sure about these

Fightstyles: Fightstyles and some interact_victim files (in actors, fightstyles and package folders) have been added for all vanilla and OCP characters in 2007. Are the from Gold Edition or custom? What do they change? According to herostat, all heroes still use fightstyle_default. XML heroes don't have this. These use more than 11mb.

XML characters: Many powerstyles, talents and other files have been altered from their original release (XML pack). I can only trust the authors to have made shure the heroes are still the same as their originals (in XML). Please don't use boosters. Only fixes.

Maps: Many engb's have been changed since the old OCP, or even from vanilla. What are the changes?

textures\covers: Looks a bit messy. Two Black Widow covers, igt files but only for a few, capitals on Captain Marvel.
textures\effects\char\psylocke\psionicbutterfly.igb: Wrong folder?
textures\loading\main_menu.igb: What is this?
textures\loading\0302.IGB: Is this an official ls?

Single Files:
scripts\act1\stark\sc_fury.py: Removes Fury's guns. Is this necessary? Why did these get removed?
thor_v.zss: This is still the same as the vanilla file (except a name-change of the xtreme.wav). Did xtreme not work?
 Can most likely be removed.
ui\hud\convo_background.igb: Seems to be the same as vanilla. Prly from RE (typically slightly smaller size).
 Can most likely be removed.

3) My suggestions

Dark editions: Cyclops was missing (I believe has since been added). Mr. Fantastic additional files 2090 + 2091 (arms?) still missing. Thor Hammer 1005 still missing. Iron Man (for Doom Stark) still missing. For Psylocke still doesn't exist an improved Ultimate/Dark Ultimate skin (but she's the only one).
LarsAlexandersson has made a complete set of seperate animations and powerstyles for these corrupted bosses. It might be worth checking with him for possible benefits (I believe they're going to use more powers).

NPCs: Lars has also created some files so that enables some npc's, who fight alongside you, to use more powers.
Nightcrawler NPC: Use hq counterpart from RE (fixed). Has already been suggested...
 Use his RE manny as well (is in there as alternate).
Use human form Iceman in the Sanctum, as provided in the 50RH.
I suggest to let all npc skins untouched. But I would welcome a seperate patch with hq npc models. (So far only concerns Deathbird 5601)
Black Widow npc from OCP 1.3.

Use skin specific flameon skins for Human Torch (don't remember who made that mod). Needs powerstyle edited.

Unique conversations: Many unused conversations are still not working. Updating these is currently in progress. I am also in progress of finding fixes or creating fixes myself.
Enchlore created a mod that prevents Reed asking his wife about himself in Valhalla. Should be included.

Gold content: Since the RE from 2016 we have easy access to the Gold Edition content that was first released on XBOX (in 2007, I believe). Part of these have been used for the OCP 2.0. Another part is used from the OCP 1.3 which relies on the original version from 2007. As far as I know these are still the same files (XBOX/RE), but I suggest that all files are being used from the RE (except skins and a few models, because they're not compatible). It might not be possible to use all from 2007 version, because maybe they're incomplete?

Maps: Canino's mod for mephisto 3, unlocking the treasure chest.

Facelifts: A few (female) characters have bad faces ingame. Elektra (classic has been remade) and Ms. Marvel for sure.

Single files:
hud_head_15704: Suggest using version that Lars used in the Unofficial Patch for RE. I have it too.

4) Things to discuss

Captain Marvel 17301: use the lq skin from psp instead and leave it up to everyone to use modded models
Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Ronin: Make HQ versions of the exact SAME costume, or leave it.

Phoenix name change: Peenix (or is it peeenix?) is a bit strange. Better names: phoenix_hero, jeangrey, phenix, feenix.
What about the effect/sound folders and powerstyle, talent, entities files? Can they be left untouched? (one single folder is called peeenix so far)

x_voice: The contents are messy, especially after the official entries (248). There are duplicates, missing extra breaks and missing original announces. I have made an effort to collect as clean a x_voice as possible.

Unlockables: The OCP 2.0 unlocks all from the start. This reduces the game experience imo. Try to make unlocking as close to the original as possible. Details are in the detailed report, including some unlock suggestions for the Gold characters.
Unlocking and skipping legals, videos, and more should stay in the QuickPlay mod.

Cyclops: Use the RE version instead of the XML. Some skins and sounds, as well as powers have been done. I collected a version that uses all content (animations, powers, data files, sounds, power icons) from the RE, and can provide you with the files.

Black Panther: True Classic by (Maegawa?) could be left out. We could accept the decicion of the developers to make it blueish.

Human Torch and Ghost Rider mannequins: GR still uses flames. Could Keep HT too (change manny), or is he too difficult?
Hulk mannequin: His Face is smaller, but now it's too small.

silver_v.zss not much of an improvement with the laughs.

Flipjump Edition is not included...

LarsAlexandersson made a LOT of changes for the Unofficial Patch for the RE, including SIM files, packages, conversations and more. Looks like a lot of work. It might be worth checking out what can and should be implemented.

Report file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/04u4t101hc98o56/file

Offline BaconWizard17

• Admin
  • Incredible Member
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2020, 05:57pm »
I agree with some of these changes. However, I don't think it's a problem to include the 5th and 6th skins for a character. It makes it easier for new players to change the 5th and 6th skins. I do think the portraits should be edited. I also don't think there's any problem with using more updated versions of the XML1/XML2 characters. Their original mods are very old, and some of the updated versions fix a lot of bugs or make the characters more enjoyable to play as. Since the power system for MUA1 is different from XML1/XML2, there's no way to directly port the characters anyways, so making them have different powers isn't an issue to me.

I do think there's some stuff that's left to be streamlined or cleaned up for sure, especially streamlining internal naming for characters. Reducing redundant files is a good idea too. I don't think the NPCs should be upgraded though, because that changes the original developer intentions. Those things (and other similar major changes) would be better as a separate mod.

Ultra is really the one responsible for the OCP 2.0, and I'm just posting this on his behalf. I do think some of these changes should happen

Offline UltraMegaMagnus

• Marvel Modder
  • Fantastic Member
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2020, 01:37am »
Thx for the report, nice to see a very detailled report (that is a long read lol), don't worry I don't take at pointing with fingers or making this version bad. Any help is appreciated. About the overall content, I think next version will be closer to original content, but with optional content that are less official, that way it will please everyone.
Removed stateffect will also be added again.
About all newly converted skins: They were remade because at the time OCP 1.3, we could not add additional texture, fix black status effect, know what igactor was doing. They were all remade with those fix+advanced lightning fix.
There are file that looks like leftover, but I left some file of OCP 1.3 on purpose, in any case mods use them.Pack by Krisan Thyme had compatibilty issues (no offense to him), precisely because of that
About default mannequin, I preferred to use the one in loading screen or the the skin used by npc version in priority.

About effect files:
I left OCP 1.3 effect files, even for old Gold conversion to not break compatibility, because many mods used OCP 1.3, XML, XML2 pack effect filepath.

5th and 6th skins
Instead of removing actor and hud file from them, removing their code from herostat would be the easiest solution and keep 5th and 6th skin herostat as alternate. I don't think saving 80MB disk space is really that important.

SIM missions
Agreed with everything, a list with original list mission code to be added, it will be easy, only simulator.engb will have to be edited. Something to keep in mind is that some sim needs specific character to play. Help Needed

Itab files
Agreed with everything, maybe even remove them, I don't think anybody plays in Italian too, plus italian is not supported with custom characters mods.

Xmlb files
Agreed, but will have to be careful to not remove used files, the one not used are from vanilla characters in data\fightstyles

Gold characters
I wanted to include proper Gold conversion with internal name, sounds filename, but the problem will be compatibility with boosters, sounds pack, conversation, sim mods, since most mods used the original OCP 1.3 conversion with internal name etc. This will also need to update all conversation files and x_voice using Gold characters internal name. As such, I'm afraid that changing internal name and sounds file will break compatibility with any mods using internal name, sounds file name from OCP 1.3 and generate ton of incompatibility report.
I don't think changing internal name and sound file to their original Gold version really matters too.
A few skins of Gold Characters seem to be wrong (not RE adv. lighting fix). Doom Classic has not been converted yet (his imho improved version with a thinner belt).
I never noticed that Doom Classic from Gold version had a different belt in gold, will be added if possible after editing his bump texture.
Hawkeye Gold skin are ready thx to MrK, HUD as well for next OCP update
About all Gold skins, there were all remade with original mesh and texture, but with fixed bump texture, so they work with advanced lightning properly.
PSP skins were also all remade to have black status and igactor fix.

ui\models: (All except m_team_stage.IGB, and mannequins folder) Files are versions from RE (typically slightly smaller size), but still the same ingame. Remove.
I forgot to mention that models in those folder have a better quality contour ring texture, mannequins were all remade to be better optimized with a mannequin layout with minimal clipping.

Mannequins: Lots of (alternate) named files. These need to be removed (saves almost 10mb).
Will be removed or made optional

Floating mannys should also be animated. If not possible, replace them with standing ones.
Agreed to replace with animated mannequins preferably or standing mannequins Help Needed

Single Files:
7 Mystique files in boltons can be removed? Mystique is not in the OCP 2.
I added them for convenience, because Mystique mod use them, but did not added the required file
silver_m.zsm needs fixes: Id of P5_CHARGE[2] needs to be changed to 35.
Will be fixed in next version
textures\ui\psylocke.igt: Doesn't belong here? Remove.
Will be fixed in next version
textures\ui\ronin_icons.igb: After upscaling, Ronin banner has still the same issue with the edges not fading. (I think I can fix that)
Help Needed
ui\menus\main_beenox.engb: Still the same as from vanilla. Remove!
Reference of main_left_frame was removed from this file if I recall
Mr Fantastic (2001) mannequin arms are broken.
Very good catch, will be fixed

2) Not sure about these
Fightstyles: Fightstyles and some interact_victim files (in actors, fightstyles and package folders) have been added for all vanilla and OCP characters in 2007. Are the from Gold Edition or custom? What do they change? According to herostat, all heroes still use fightstyle_default. XML heroes don't have this. These use more than 11mb.

I'm wondering too why they were here, can be removed except for anyone using it like Cable.

XML characters: Many powerstyles, talents and other files have been altered from their original release (XML pack). I can only trust the authors to have made shure the heroes are still the same as their originals (in XML). Please don't use boosters. Only fixes.
I used Toad, Gambit, Cyclops and Bishop booster from Maegawa, as Maegawa fixed XML1 conversion and are more faithful to their original appearance in game powerstyle. Minus, using original conversion talent costume. I feel Gold Cyclops is better than XML2 powerwise though.

Maps: Many engb's have been changed since the old OCP, or even from vanilla. What are the changes?
There is some map texture fix by MrK and me added, simulator file was edited to add reference of Black Widow internal name so her simulation works correctly.
For Stark Tower, there were bad texture for Iron Man display in Stark Lab, for Attilan, fixed texture in the hub, I'd ask MrK about this.

textures\covers: Looks a bit messy. Two Black Widow covers, igt files but only for a few, capitals on Captain Marvel.
I leave igt so anyone can preview them with modern image viewer. Will remove
blackwidowv_cov is the one used, blackwidow_cov is unused and can be removed

textures\effects\char\psylocke\psionicbutterfly.igb: Wrong folder?
Psylocke files are form Dihan mods, I trusted his file structure, but now that you mention it, the folder looks misplaced, EDIT, yep, it's a leftover, will remove.
Psylocke conversion is also more her Wii counterpart, than XML1. Still a bit of mixture with the bolton showed at all time like in XML1 and with Elektra running animation.
I used Canino icons, I haven't found any Wii icons conversion with good quality.
Help Needed

textures\loading\main_menu.igb: What is this?
Leftover from a personal used custom main menu pic, will remove

textures\loading\0302.IGB: Is this an official ls?
Yes, exclusive loading screen from Wii version

Single Files:
scripts\act1\stark\sc_fury.py: Removes Fury's guns. Is this necessary? Why did these get removed?

I forgot to remove it, the initial plan was to replace Nick Fury npc+Deadpool with a model without skinsegment, because of skinsegment limit, but was dropped, because it needs to edit all package and map file

thor_v.zss
LarsKusanagi added lines exclusive from Wii version and others

ui\hud\convo_background.igb
Higher res texture taken from others file

3) My suggestions

Dark editions: Cyclops was missing (I believe has since been added). Mr. Fantastic additional files 2090 + 2091 (arms?) still missing. Thor Hammer 1005 still missing. Iron Man (for Doom Stark) still missing. For Psylocke still doesn't exist an improved Ultimate/Dark Ultimate skin (but she's the only one).

Cyclops will be added, any 5th and 6th skins was not given any love, so I did not converted new models for them, just using default one lol Help Needed
For Psylocke, I'm looking at improved skin too Help Needed

LarsAlexandersson has made a complete set of seperate animations and powerstyles for these corrupted bosses. It might be worth checking with him for possible benefits (I believe they're going to use more powers).
Will check, need testing, because there is game limit fightmove or something, I'm a bit reluctant to add mods that add fightmove to npc, because of that game limitation Help Needed

NPCs: Lars has also created some files so that enables some npc's, who fight alongside you, to use more powers.
Nightcrawler NPC: Use hq counterpart from RE (fixed). Has already been suggested...

Will check, but I'm reluctant to add mods modifying npc that could potentially add to fightmove game limit

Use human form Iceman in the Sanctum, as provided in the 50RH.
I removed it, because last time I used it, it had no matching hud Help Needed

I suggest to let all npc skins untouched. But I would welcome a seperate patch with hq npc models. (So far only concerns Deathbird 5601)
Deathbird was fixed with added javelin segment (used her official projectile model), her powerstyle, npcstat referenced those segment and in game, but her skin was missing those, it's noticeable that they were supposed to be there in this vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg5AWzmf_ec at 0.45, you can see the javelin mark on the ground.

Black Widow npc from OCP 1.3.
14801 from OCP 1.3 was removed, because the model converted has igactor misplaced (model with igactor misplaced has jumping issue, for NPC yes it won't be noticeable, but I preferred to remove it nonetheless, because of that issue). When you open a skin and see in Alchemy preview that the model is not centered, it means that the model is already flawed and will have jumping issue.

Use skin specific flameon skins for Human Torch (don't remember who made that mod). Needs powerstyle edited.
It's included, did the same for Magma fiery form.

Unique conversations: Many unused conversations are still not working. Updating these is currently in progress. I am also in progress of finding fixes or creating fixes myself.
Because of game limitation, not all conversation can be be added, it will softlock the game otherwise
Enchlore created a mod that prevents Reed asking his wife about himself in Valhalla. Should be included.
Will be added

Gold content: Since the RE from 2016 we have easy access to the Gold Edition content that was first released on XBOX (in 2007, I believe). Part of these have been used for the OCP 2.0. Another part is used from the OCP 1.3 which relies on the original version from 2007. As far as I know these are still the same files (XBOX/RE), but I suggest that all files are being used from the RE (except skins and a few models, because they're not compatible). It might not be possible to use all from 2007 version, because maybe they're incomplete?
Content from RE 2016 was taken selectively, because the port still had issue, anything new, improved and possible to add was added (not many thing tbh), actors were converted from scratch, sounds backported, callout, breakout.
Files from RE 2016 like models, map with different bump texture cannot be added without issue, RE 2016 models and map files are no improvement over 2006 version, they were optimized for consoles (or dev was just lazy here), as such many models have missing bump texture compared to 2006 PC, it's very noticeable with their file size.

Maps: Canino's mod for mephisto 3, unlocking the treasure chest.
Will add, there is also a treasure chest I think we cannot open in one of the snowy map.

Facelifts: A few (female) characters have bad faces ingame. Elektra (classic has been remade) and Ms. Marvel for sure.
I think it's because of mipmap that many faces look bad in game (all models in this game use mipmap AFAIK), removing mipmap from characters with bad faces might help, if you see an improvement with Elektra face (no mipmap on her newly converted classic skin), removing mipmap from other female might look better, I'll do some test.

hud_head_15704: Suggest using version that Lars used in the Unofficial Patch for RE. I have it too.
Will add

4) Things to discuss

Captain Marvel 17301: use the lq skin from psp instead and leave it up to everyone to use modded models

This model is from Wii, which is the same model wise as psp, but with higher resolution texture 256x256, instead of 128x128, I added custom normal and spec though, I'll probably add the ones with only diffuse texture.

Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Ronin: Make HQ versions of the exact SAME costume, or leave it.
This model is from Wii, which is the same model wise as psp, but with higher resolution texture 256x256, instead of 128x128, I added custom normal and spec though, I'll probably add the ones with only diffuse texture.

Phoenix name change: Peenix (or is it peeenix?) is a bit strange. Better names: phoenix_hero, jeangrey, phenix, feenix.
What about the effect/sound folders and powerstyle, talent, entities files? Can they be left untouched? (one single folder is called peeenix so far)

Dunno if really necessary to change it's internal name, internal name must have same name as talent file, you can put whatever you want for the rest AFAIK.

x_voice: The contents are messy, especially after the official entries (248). There are duplicates, missing extra breaks and missing original announces. I have made an effort to collect as clean a x_voice as possible.
Sort audio by file name, re-organizing everything is not worth it.
Some duplicates are on purpose, I don't remember why atm, I think it was because of characters mod collection Help Needed

Unlockables: The OCP 2.0 unlocks all from the start. This reduces the game experience imo. Try to make unlocking as close to the original as possible. Details are in the detailed report, including some unlock suggestions for the Gold characters. Help Needed

Cyclops: Use the RE version instead of the XML. Some skins and sounds, as well as powers have been done. I collected a version that uses all content (animations, powers, data files, sounds, power icons) from the RE, and can provide you with the files.
Agreed Help Needed

Unlocking and skipping legals, videos, and more should stay in the QuickPlay mod.

I feel they are really a quality of life, will probably make it optional

Black Panther: True Classic by (Maegawa?) could be left out. We could accept the decicion of the developers to make it blueish.
Will probably add original and link to Maegawa thread for optional skin, but it bugs me to have the loadscreen not matching the skin color.

Human Torch and Ghost Rider mannequins: GR still uses flames. Could Keep HT too (change manny), or is he too difficult?
HT could uses flames, not difficult, but tedious to put the effect at the correct spot, so I just made a mannequin without flame on lol.
Ghost Rider and HT effect menulocation are also hardcoded in the exe, as such their effect still shows in hero detail when in combat or hub zone.

Hulk mannequin: His Face is smaller, but now it's too small.
Help Needed

About the txt file:
Professor X,  Jean Grey and Pyro, I used all original skins, for Pyro, I plan to put back the Classic skin retexture instead of one of the custom model.

Use widescreen intro movies, as provided by RE.
I don't think we can use any RE movies, 2006 PC only support certain resolution

actors:
27_crimsondynamo, He has bad flying anim, not used used, but replacing his flight anim will be cool, just a small nitpick here
iceman
 0803 spiky fix like in the readme, his head was badly weighted, one of Luke Cage skin had same issue too
human torch
 1311-17? flamoff models? should be his hq vanilla counterparts. They are out there. (these are lq), I need those HQ models, by default the game uses PS2 models I think lol Help Needed
swordsman
 16801 different than old ocp (wii instead of psp?)
 17204, File is small, because Gold Edition used PS2 mesh as base.
Prof X Internal name in OCP1.3 was clashing with the npc internal name

Iron Man 1506, What is this one?
Mr Fantastic 2006, What is this one?
Wolverine 0305, What is this one?
Could be leftover when I added 5th and 6th skin

About conversation
I edited all OCP 1.3 convo including vanilla file to fix convo box (when npc characters are not in your herostat, their hud and name have wrong display, the fix was to change internal name of convo to their npc internal name).
I included my convo folder, for convenience, sorting out changed files would just be tedious

team_bonus hash, they can be seen when you load them in foobar2000 or load 2016 files

data\entities\ents_thor.xmlb
 What is the change?, Hammer stuff for individual costumes?

reference to 1005, 1006 bolton projectile, same for any entities having new bolton for 5th and 6th package.
Their powerstyle needed to have new bolton reference too or skinfilter for them.

data\powerstyles\ps_spiderman.engb
 From Jul. 2020, Changes?, Web shield?, Skin specific webbing?, What else?

Spidey bullet fix by Maegawa

From SIMs:
  ps_swordsman_psp.xmlb
  ps_ironman_psp.xmlb
  ps_elektraboss.xmlb
  ps_superskrull_psp.xmlb
 ps_darkcyclops.xmlb
  What's the change?

PSP simulator files have no sounds for npc by default, some were added in powerstyle and map sounds, but not all

Talents
Changed skill point cost to 1 for everything, so everything can fully upgrade skills, previously you could not, because the game would ask too much money.

hud_head_21105.igb
 hud_head_21106.igb
  Both Rhino, duplicates

Rhino have two different skin in the game, those are different hud

packages\generated\maps\package\menus
 characters_heads.pkgb, Is this to make mannequins work?, Don't they work without the package entry?
 team.pkgb, What changed?, Is this because of Ghostrider and Human Torch effect changes?
 characters_heads.pkgb is a mystery to me, looks to be a leftover of XML2, still they added DLC files reference inside for file not used lol, in any doubt I included it
 team.pkgb,  I removed reference to the riser for team select If I recall, it's useless since the riser is now included directly to m_team_stage

I have not finished reading the rest, will fix those first
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 09:36am by UltraMegaMagnus »

Offline LarsAlexandersson

• Convo Starters
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 62
  • The fighting/action game xpert & informer.
    • http://larsmasters.deviantart.com/
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2020, 08:56am »
I currently updating interact_venom_victim BTW, so he won't be needing interact_spiderman_victim in his character packages
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Offline ak2yny
  • Amazing Member
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2020, 11:06am »
Wow, you guys are super. Every bit heroes like the ones we like (and mod lol).
I got even detailed answers to my questions. Thank you!
Since posting the txt file, I made some new discoveries. So at least test any report, before taking my word for it.

I just felt that the package was too loaded for the changes made. That's why I went into the details so much.

I will now go and see where I can help you out.
For x_voice: I tried to make sure that I only remove duplicates with duplicate hashes. Some breaks included improper "yes" lines from respawnaffirm. I removed those if proper breaks where present. You can check the files in the link I provided. They still use all the stuff from original 2006, RE 2016 (OCP chars), your version from (last year?) and OCP 2 x_voices. They are in separate files but can easily be merged with zsm-editor. Note: I included a few breaks for unofficial Marvel characters like Domino.

I will also have to comment on a few things (hopefully providing files with it). But that takes a little more time.

Offline UltraMegaMagnus

• Marvel Modder
  • Fantastic Member
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2020, 11:34am »
LINK UPDATED for a quick fix for Gambit, Toad, Cyclops and Bishop powerstyle to fix the 1dmg issue. OCP 2.1 is in preparation, next update will have many change and will need to be installed on a fresh install again.

Writing more report from Cyborg and Mr. Turbular in Discord so we don't forget:
- Removing added Comic disk spawn pickup from OCP 1.3, because they re-appears even after being collected
- Comic disk pickup won't spawn if the simulator mission is not in simulator.engb, in OCP 2.0, many vanilla sim were replaced, as such because of that issue, their Comic disk pickup won't spawn.
Easiest fix is just not replacing vanilla simulator, so we won't have to edit map file.
-Dum Dum Dugan running problem, will detail later this, but seems to be a game problem.
-Editing simulator.engb, review.engb to not have sim and all review unlocked by default?
-OCP 1.3 changed Deadpool segment name in herostat, but with this change the npc version has different segment name, thus Deadpool NPC does not have segment hidden.
-adding Krang and Dr. Doom item drop, need to check game limitation first.

About Gold Cyclops: His Menu_idle and Menu_Action are re-used anim from unused menu anim of Havok XML1 lol.

About facelift, the game uses mipmap, they have their purpose to not have too sharp texture, but for MUA models with face, they indeed look better without mipmap, without mip on the right:

About HUD
Will add your suggestion, maybe not Thor 1004, it's a portrait using her action figure I think, a new one could be made using the actual in game model
Vanilla HUD "upscales" that aren't any improvement, should be removed (see below).
Will be removed

About models
Mystique and unused stuff will be removed

About  Fallowing scripts are still the same as vanilla. Should be removed!
  scripts\act1\stark\talk_blackwidow01.py
  scripts\act2\murder\murder2\enter_tent_start_conv.py

scripts\act1\stark\talk_blackwidow01.py, a change was made to have Widow spawn always at same spot, instead of spawning in a spot causing lot of clipping, she was spawning in a chair previously and her legs clipped a lot
  scripts\act2\murder\murder2\enter_tent_start_conv.py it's for the Jean Grey special conversation, it's needed

About sounds:
Unused sounds for Gold will be removed, igt
sounds\eng\m\o\moon_v.zss doesn't improve anything (quite the opposite actually) and should be removed.
I dunno what this file added, I kept the same as OCP 1.3 if I recall
Will be removed or tweaked, Lars added lines from Wii version if I recall

About removing specific thing from OCP 1.3, numbering, filenaming, internal name
Keeping OCP 1.3 filename, internal name is sadly definitely needed to keep compability with others mods, some file looks like leftover, it's there to avoid incompatibility with others mods if they are missing.

About animation file having different size compared to OCP like Jean Grey, Rogue
Some had duplicate anim reference, making some powers or attack not working, I mixed anim to fix those issues, for others booster by Maegawa, I mixed anim to remove the use of unique fightstyle, that could add to game limit.

Still the same files as XML Pack
  except 39_professorx_hero, changed 2020, changes?, author?
  except 123_phoenix... (2x), changed 2020, changes?, author?
  except interact_phoenix_victim, changed 2020, changes?, author?
  except 206_bishop... (2x), only different date?
  except interact_bishop_victim (same date, but different size), ????
  except 208_rogue... (2x), changed 2020, changes?, author?
  except 209_toad_4_combat, changed 2020, changes?, author?
  except interact_toad_victim (same date, but different size), ????
  except 216_pyro... (2x), changed 2020, changes?, author?
  except interact_psylocke_victim (this is missing)
   ak2yny can provide this file
  additional files: 39_professorx_hero_4_combat
                    interact_professorx_hero_victim
                    209_toad_tongue
 professor x
  3902 replaced old with old 3904
  3903 replaced old with old 3902
  3904 replaced old with a new skin (??), (3903 removed)
  3905 stays the samem

ProfX from OCP1.3 had clash with npc internal name, so I added files to avoid clash, still ProfX old files are there to keep compatibility with others booster, if any

Iron Man 1506, What is this one? Leftover from vanilla game probably
Mr Fantastic 2006, What is this one? Unfinished skin from vanilla game I think, the lab coat one
Wolverine 0305, What is this one?
Unfinished skin from vanilla game, I think it's the jacket model with bad texture, Bacon converted a new one, might add it
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 01:40am by UltraMegaMagnus »

Offline ak2yny
  • Amazing Member
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2020, 05:49pm »
Sorry to be so slow.
I want to help out with the reports/bugs, especially the ones I reported.

I'll start with RE>MUA2006 update for characters that were still missing these (Magneto, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, and Sabretooth originally used sounds from XML, Venom originally from Spiderman game, PSP characters used incomplete rips from PSP, Hulk and Doom also got updates for a few missing sounds). OCP 2.0 changed Sabretooth, Magneto, and Venom to use sounds from RE, but not the others while including the (wrong) files in the package. Duplicate files, still old sounds, this had to be fixed.

Sounds:

Quick overview:
Cyclops:              Full RE conversion.
Doom:                 Small sound update.
Hawkeye:            Loop fix.
Hulk:                    Very small sound fix.
Magneto:             Very small update on 4 sounds, Small fix in powerstyle.
Nightcrawler:       RE sound conversion to match his powerstyle. Suggestion for one sound change.
Sabretooth:          Very small sound fix.
Venom:                Very small sound fix.
PSP Characters: Few fixes for unused sounds.
Silver Surfer:       Cleanup of the sound file. Some sound changes in powerstyle to make better use of the new sounds.
Moon Knight and Colossus got no changes.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/otcj1apclqg1zae/OCP2+updates+provided+by+ak2yny.rar/file

This is an update for sounds for the official characters. It relies on the internal names from the OCP 1.3.
 Remove fallowing sound files and folders beforehand (the archives includes all the sounds needed):
  cyclps_m.zsm, cyclps_v.zss
  mgneto_m.zsm, mgneto_v.zss (complete folder sounds\eng\m\g)
  ntcrwl_m.zsm, ntcrwl_v.zss, ntcrwl_m.zsm, ntcrwl_v.zss (complete folder sounds\eng\n\t, and from folder sounds\eng\n\i)
  sabrth_m.zsm, sabrth_v.zss (complete folder sounds\eng\s\a)
  Removing them won't be an issue. If there was any mod that made use of OCP sounds, I was careful to provide files with the same internal name.
  If there was a mod that made use of a specific power sound from Cyclops, Magneto, or Nightcrawler (only they changed AFAIK), it would have to be updated (or installed on OCP 1.3).
 Because powerstyle usually has to be edited, this means changes for fallowing characters:
  All: Loop sound fix, thanks to Norrin Radd.
  Black Widow: Re-enabling all sounds (by ak2yny), adding Widow Shooters by Outsider.
   This stays as close to the original (as I believe by comparing it to OCP 1.3) as possible.
   It enables her first power to use rapid tap AND charged, as in the original description. Outsider's booster changed that.
   Doesn't include other changes by Outsider (description changes, anything else??)
   The sound file (bwidow_m.zsm) includes a few unused lines, but also re-enables unique charge max, and Widowbite sound.
   Overall, after testing, I believe this version makes a slightly better job in fixing her powerstyle bugs.
   To be honest: I think that both Outsider's booster and the provided fix by ak2yny can be used.
  Captain Marvel: re-enables p1 + p3 impact and max sounds.
   Sidenote: OCP1 voice file has a different xtreme sound. Other than that they're mostly identical.
  Cyclops: Complete, to make use of all RE. This is all coming from either LarsAlexandersson or Krisan Thyme (or RE direclty).
   The internal name is still the same as from OCP 1.3 (cyclops_icons, cyclop_m, 172_cyclops, ps_cyclops, ...)
    Communication between talents and powerstyle has changed a little bit. That's why it comes with new packages as well.
    Powerstyle refers to the effects/char/cyclops folder that is already included in the OCP 2.0.
     The files from 2006 are unused. So is the folder effects/char/cyclop.
    Powerstyle uses the cyclop_m version of sounds and this package comes with it.
     The sound file is corrected from the version in the current OCP 2 to divide the struggles (unused).
   Note1: The voice file in the OCP is just fine.
   Note2: Herostat (and talent file) add leadership to his talents. (From shared talents, instead of powerstyle)
   Note3: Herostat has been edited to remove mutant teams and scalefactor to reflect the OCP 2.0 herostats.
   Note4: Powerstyle is set up without costume talents.
   Note5: Powerstyle has different unique animations, that go hand in hand with the animation files in actors.
    The current OCP 2.0 version has a reduced combo system. That is fixed with the RE/Gold version.
    The optic blasts in the combos are replaced with melee moves, except for popup. Same for grabsmash.
    Adds an attack enemies on ground unique animation with optic blast.
   Sidenote: Animations are provided directly from RE. Possible improvements of edited animations (and powerstyle) have to be examined.
  Doom: re-enabled grab_smash sound
   Note: (Powerstyle) RE and OCP 1.3 are almost identical. OCP changed some sound names for eg. xtreme (I didn't check every line).
   Sidenote: Effects files from OCP 1.3 and RE are identical.
  Hawkeye: The OCP 2.0 already uses all the sounds available. Only thing I did was fixing loop sound P1_max_loop.
   Powerstyle: Re-enabled loop sound for power1.
   Note: p2_power and p4_power are unused. I let them unused, because the powers are already pretty loaded with sounds.
   Sidenote1: Powerstyle of OCP2 fixes (1) wrong sound name from the ps from RE, otherwise they're identical.
   Sidenote2: Effects files from OCP 1.3 and RE are identical, except missing "p2_release.xmlb" (coming from PSP?, unused by ps).
  Hulk: Very slight power sound fixes, while still being the same content as OCP 2.0. This package is optional.
   Powerstyle (all changes from origianl). Optional: grab is ok without sound, all works just fine as it is (exc p8 wrong name)
    corrected p8_power for third boost (uses p6_power like in RE which is best, because animation is like p6 too).
    Removed duplicate entry of "damagescale: none" in power 4.
    Xtreme: Re-enabled intro sound (duplicate from p7) and inserted an unused sound (barely hearable).
   Note: p1_charge_loop is a sound and hash that is unused by the official ps (still unused).
   Sidenote: Effects files from OCP 1.3 and RE are identical.
  Magneto: OCP 2.0 was still the same as from RE. Minor improvement on 4 power sounds.
   Powerstyle: Corrected one "mgneto_m" occurance (other than sound file reference, OCP 2.0 and RE are identical).
   Note: Voice file in the OCP 2.0 is already the best version.
   Sidenote1: Effects files from OCP 1.3 and RE are identical.
   Sidenote2: The OCP 1.3 Magneto version was using sounds (and powers?) from XML.
   Sidenote3: OCP 2.0 gets rid of partly unused banter that was in the OCP 1.3 Magneto voice (from XML).
   Sidenote4: Although MUA had new voicover done, the lines are still the same as in XML2 (apart from very few exceptions).
   Sidenote5: Struggles are in the voice file instead of magnet_m file (but they are unused anyway).
   Sidenote6: Canino's fix doesn't really fix the sounds. His changes: Exchanged power sounds p3>p5, p4>p2 (loop stays p4), p5>p8; Custom block; Changed flying forward animation; Few extended headers with combo text.
  Moon Knight:

sounds\eng\m\o\moon_v.zss [...] I dunno what this file added, [...]
   OCP 1.3 added a second xtreme, which is only a tiny bit different and of slightly worse quality.
   Can't say it's no improvement anymore. So you might want to keep it. (I personally will use the vanilla file.)
  Nightcrawler: Converted all his RE sounds to the correct file name (night_m). Edited for unused sounds.
   Hash for p1_charge edited to p1_charge2, as used in the powerstyle.
   Powerstyle: Changed intro sound on p3 from p2_power to unused p3_charge (sound similar). Don't like it?, just use the ps from OCP 2.0.
   Note1: p3_end is unused, because it's identical to special_sheath. p1_charge is unused, because it's identical to p1_power.
               I removed these two to have a smaller sound file.
   Note2: All voice lines have a slight delay.
   Sidenote: OCP2 removes skinfilter for teleport in powerstyle, because it doesn't make any difference/sense. Diff. skinsegment-names.
  Ronin: OCP2 already uses the newes sounds files with all sounds available.
   Powerstyle: Fixes thanks to Lars: Added sounds to melee moves.
                                                         Added unique sounds to p5.
                                                        Changed xtreme sounds to add unused p8_power
                                                         p1_charge_loop/p2_charge_loop replaced with correct p1_max_loop/p2_max_loop.
    Changed duplicate sounds of charge done into unused p9_power (it's better, because you can now hear a difference)
    Removed sheath sounds from knive, because the new sound just doesn't match the knife (only the katana).
    Changed p5 elektra intro sound to p3_charge, because the same sound for intro and power is bad.
    Changed p6_power in xtreme to unused p5_power, because it matches the sword movement quite nicely.
    Added sheath and unsheath to p3 (lunge).
    Added sound effects to grabsmash. Otherwise it's a bit silent (I know she's deaf, but...).
    Fixed smash, soundwise.
   Talent: Exchanged icons for p5 and xtreme, as they were clearly mixed up. (Also thanks to Lars.)
   Note1: p2_max_loop is a bit loud.
   Note2: p5_explode stays unused, because I don't see any use for it.
   Note3: On changing charge done (above): p1_max/p2_max are hashes that go to p1_charge/p2_charge (2 hashes for 1 sound).
   Sidenote: Talent includes acrobatics ability (since OCP 1.3).
  Sabretooth: Few sound-file fixes for pcsab_m. Completed conversion of sounds so sbarth sound files aren't needed anymore.
   Powerstyle: Corrected one remaining sabrth_m occurance.
   Note1: Files of OCP 1.3 and RE are identical, save for sound names, slight difference for power4, and xtreme msg in ps.
   Note2: All entities-files are identical, and have an unused entity "runetrap" (leftover from juggernaut?).
   Note3: p8_impact is an unused sound. Doesn't match Sabretooth and his powers well.
   Note4: p4_charge and p6_attack are identical. I leave this for now.
   Sidenote: The new sounds have much less fleshy and clawy sounds and more growl sounds.
  Silver Surfer: More sound fixes (removed duplicates, proper naming/id/hash) on most new sounds. Enabled unused sounds. Added flybegin from Ms Marvel and flyend from DLC characters (the generic one).
   Powerstyle: Changed p2 code to make additional loop sound usable.
                       Added unused sounds p2_power, p4_charge, p4_charge_loop, P4_end, and p5_power.
        Because I had to change the powerstyle quite a bit, I explain the changes in detail:
         p2 (slide) seems to use the wrong sound. (only loop)
          old: p2_charge
          new: changed to p1_charge (sounds like hovering board, therefore matching), added p4_charge_loop, p4_end
         p1 is chargeable, no loop sound (otherwise perfect)
          old: p1_charge, p1_power + p1_impact
          new: changed p1_impact to p2_power, changed p1_charge to p2_charge
         p3 ok, radial.
          p3_charge + p3_power
         p4 has matching sound (lightning).
          old: p4_power only.
          new: added p4_charge (repeated p4_power for filler)
         p5 only short sound (quick power).
          old: p5_charge (time 0)   p5_impact
          new: added p5_power on contact (exchanged with p5_impact and added impact on beam), known bug: this doesn't always play
         p6 (perfectly done) (This is button 6 but p7 in ps)
          p7_charge
         p7 (perfectly done) (This is button 7 but p6 in ps)
          p6_charge (reused from thor?)
         xtreme. sounds nice!
          p8_charge (time 0), p9_charge (time 0.7)
   Note1: I tried to leave as much "original" as possible, and keep ps changes minimal. But there's so much more one could do.
   Note2:

AFAIK the laugh sounds are not used by MUA. That's the only reason.
   Sidenote1: OCP2 removes board bolton in idle (are there any issues without that fightmove? p2?). In powerstyle.
   Sidenote2: Unused "_arcade_remove" removed in newer powerstyles.
   Sidenote3: Other than the two sidenotes above, all powerstyles were identical.
   Sidenote4: Power 4 is originally from Thor's power 3.
   Sidenote5: AFAIK there is a Silver Surfer booster that fixes more stuff on him.
  Venom: Only very few sound fixes. Thanks to Lars also.
   Fightstyle (interact_venom_victim): OCP used a sound from Juggernaut. Got corrected in RE.
   Powerstyle: Added special block effect by Sazandra125.
               Differences betw. OCP & RE: "damagescale": "normal",  (This comes from OCP 1.3. Removed it. Is removed in RE.)
                                                               "manual_loop_timer": 0.4, (removed in RE, but makes loop work)
                                                               More claws for p6 (5th and 6th skins) in OCP.
                                                               Different tongue names.
   Actors: Because the RE tongue looks better, I decided to add it to the archive and change the names in ps and herostat to the RE naming (it's this way in the packages of both OCP and RE).

If this is going to be used, please delete the two venom_tongue... files in actors folder.
   Note1: Powerstyle uses the sound hash p4_fail, but it could just as well be p4_release, because they're identical.
   Note2: tied_up is an unused sound. (This might actually be in the wrong file and be a duplicate of a working vanilla sound.)
   Sidenote1: The icons from OCP 1.3 are still slightly better done, but the banner is better in OCP 2.0 version.
   Sidenote2: There's a button hint "twirl_stick2" which doesn't work for keyboards (and even PC?).
   Sidenote3: Venom uses interact_spiderman_victim and interact_venom_victim.
   Sidenote4: There are various indicators that multiple people (from the devs) have been working on this powerstyle.

Bonus1:
Because Sabretooth's sound files are not located under a sounds/eng/s/... folder, I decided to make a version for his sabrth internal sound naming as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bjpkv2hm180bcp8/Sabretooth+sabrth+sound+mini+fix+for+OCP2+by+ak2yny.rar/file

You can use the sabrth version instead. AFAIK the name doesn't matter except for a correction in the herostat.
Please only use one version. Depending on which version used, fix the herostat sound entry to either pcsab_m or sabrth_m.
IF you decide to use the sabrth version, please leave sounds\eng\s\a alone and delete pcsab_m and pcsab_v from sounds\eng\p\c instead.

Bonus2:
ALL CHARACTERS (VANILLA GOLD, OCP, RE) ARE USING LIFT AS A HASH IN SOUND FILES, WHICH IS UNSUPORTED BY MUA2006.
I CHANGED ALL LIFT (EXCEPT HULK, CAPTAIN MARVEL, THOR, THING, COLOSSUS, VENOM, AND LUKE CAGE) TO PICKUP (XML HASH), WHICH IS WORKING.
Note1: Black Panther and Storm are missing the lift sounds, so no pickup fix for them.
Note2: (ALL) XML characters have pickup enabled by default.
Note3: Many long lifts stay unused. They don't work well in the game. Some long pain sounds should be considered to be deactivated as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/v66kgm51zg4sktn/file

Offline ak2yny
  • Amazing Member
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2020, 05:49pm »
General RE files:

The missing RE files are only listed, you can get them directly from the RE version of the game (or the patch archive).
I recommend to use either all identical files from RE or all from OCP1
Note: Different origin for them (RE/OCP1.3) is acceptable as long as you keep track of that.

I went through the missing RE files and compared them for differences to OCP 1.3.
I recommend to use all identical files from the RE (dates from August 2016).
 The reamaining files to be updated (skipping Cyclops, because he's complete in his sound updates package):
  actors
   (Note: animations only, skinks are incompatible)
   (These igb files only differ in size, because they were recompiled?)
   (Have to be tested, because of animation issues the Gold Pack by Krisan Thyme had.)
   (No compatibility issues expected with mods, because all use their own anims, data files, and packages.)
   19_doomdlc.igb
   19_doomdlc_4_combat.igb
   170_hulk.igb
   170_hulk_4_combat.igb
   171_hawkeye.igb
   171_hawkeye_4_combat.igb
   176_venom.igb
   176_venom_4_combat.igb
   fightstyle_hulk_carryguy.igb
   interact_doomdlc_victim.igb
   interact_hawkeye_victim.igb
   interact_hulk_victim.igb
   interact_venom_victim.igb
  conversations
   I skip listing these, because some are impossible. A few can be implemented, but that takes a (later?) update.
  data\etities
   ents_doom.xmlb       (internal number has no influence)
   ents_hulk.xmlb
   ents_venom.xmlb
  data\fightstyles
   fightstyle_hulk_carryguy.xmlb
   interact_doomdlc_victim.xmlb    (internal number has no influence)
   interact_hawkeye_victim.xmlb
   interact_hulk_victim.xmlb
   interact_venom_victim.xmlb
  data\powerstyles
   ps_hulk.engb
   ps_doomdlc.engb   (as described above, are almost identical, but RE re-enables 6 unused power sounds)
  data\talents
   All except hulk, cyclops, and doom?
   I didn't compare talent files, because OCP 2.0 changed upgrade costs.
  effects
   effects\char\doom    (internal number has no influence)
   effects\char\hawk    (identical except p2_release.xmlb > this is unused by ps/ents)
   effects\char\hulk
   effects\char\venom
  hud
   I skip these, because of the different background. Recommend to use either all new or all Maegawa format (esp Sabretooth).
  packages
   packages\generated\characters
    doomdlc  (skip, because of internal name/number change)
     fightstyles file?
    hawkeye
    hulk
     fightstyles file?
    magneto  (skip, because is already the same with correct sound file name)
    nightcrawlerdlc  (skip, because of internal name/number change)
     fightstyles file?
    sabretooth
    venom
   packages\generated\powerstyles   (these can probably be left out?)
    all except
     ps_cyclops.pkgb (provided with the package above)
     ps_magneto.pkgb (sound file name change, or edit before use)
     ps_nightcrawlerdlc.pkgb (internal number change, or edit tail before use)
     (ps_venom.pkgb, would have to change tongue name if tongue anim wasn't going to be renamed in OCP2 update)
  scripts  (mostly for conversations and Magneto saving both X-Men)
   I skip listing these, because they go together with the conversations.
  textures
   textures\ui (icons)
    I noticed that most/all icons are slightly better from original/OCP 1.3, probably because MUA skinner is flawed.

Nightcrawler for example is very slightly worse done in OCP 2.0, except the banner.
    Suggest to use OCP 1.3 icons for all Gold Characters plus:
     moonknight_icons.igb
     colossus_icons.igb

Note1: Many files not listed, are already from RE.
Note2: Redundant files in effects:
 effects/char/cyclop: XML version. Recommend to use RE version as provided in the package above.
 effects/char/psyloc: Original XML mod. Are unused by current version.
 I recommend to remove them. If there was a mod using these effects it would have to be updated (or installed on OCP 1.3).
  I would expect each mod to use thier own effect files, even if they're just copies. The files are small enough.
 (I believe the only files referring to them are powerstyles, entities, and packages.)
Note3: There's no change in textures AFAIK (apart from very few textures of higher quality).
Note4:
Keeping OCP 1.3 filename, internal name is sadly definitely needed to keep compability with others mods[...]
I think I sufficiently answered how you can use RE files without breaking compatibility.
Note5: What I would like to do is get all the powerstyles, entities and fightstyles (data folder) of every mod and check them for all the old OCP files that are needed. That would be doable. I just can't download all mods, someone would have to provide me with the powerstyles and entities. It didn't occur to me that other mods would use effects, sounds, or even animations from OCP files, because that doesn't make much sense, since there are common effects (and sounds), and each mod should be unique.Someone got all mods installed and can send me the files (data folder only)?
Note about compatibility of mods: If you are to regard compatibility with every booster and mod, you could just as well go back to OCP 1.3. So let the compatibility stay with OCP1 and make OCP2 new. Let the booster and mod creators change their work to be compatible with the new OCP (and temporarily they can still be used on OCP 1.3).

Icons:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bk3jx1urio1lbgk/file

Ronin icons: Are fine after all (ingame), edges are only not fading when viewing with muaskinner.
Cannonball icons: I made an attempt to upscale his icons a few months back.

Note 1: the last two icons are unused, so it doesn't matter what order they are.
                  Note 2: I made a small booster, basically to make him invulnerable while blasting plus a unique ability to blast while flying. The booster is not finished anymore since we can now mix animations.

Bonus:
Upscaled XML icons
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ljkclrmnk5hsprt/file

Movies:

I managed to convert the widescreen movies to an acceptable quality for MUA2006 (thanks to Tony Stark for the tutorial).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5pwmj89fef5fwie/file

Note: Beenox stays (no widescreen) and RE devs haven't been included. I can provide you with the last intro movie if need be.

Packages:

fightstyles + ps packages of PSP characters:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qox2dg7l5zs705q/file