Hello

Welcome, Guest. To unlock the rest of the forums
please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Official Character Pack 2.0 Released!  (Read 8618 times)

Offline ak2yny
  • Amazing Member
  • Upvotes: 1
Re: Official Character Pack 2.0 Released!
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2020, 06:03pm »
I have more answers and I am in preparation of more extras (like packages for dark bosses skins, collected conversation scripts, unlock files). Will probably be a later contribution. Or not at all depending when and how OCP 2.1 will be released.

Just some new discoveries and updated report:
- Missing boss loadscreen for Enchantress and Executioner (both in 2901) in zoneinfo.
- A couple of models (in models folder) seem to have improved in the RE. Not suggesing to use them, just telling.
- A few textures (in textures folder) seem to have improved in the RE. Not suggesing to use them, just telling.
- Dark Edition: The additional weapons for dark bosses are most likely unused, because their dark powerstyles are not edited to refer to them.
  They should come with the edited files from Lars (or whoever made that mod) that enables the bosses to use more powers.
  If Dark skins are going to be enabled through additional packages, these have to come with them though. Do powerstyles have to be edited as well?
   (additional findings: effects\char\thor\p5_power1005.xmlb, effects\char\captam\p9_power_0705.xmlb)
- Skin specific weapons: There are different versions around for the weapons of Cap (with and without specular and normal textures) and Mr. Fantastic (difference?). Not sure about Thor.
- Sims: Do the bosses need their own powerstyle, animations, packages, etc? I found packages for ironmanboss, so he has been done.
- Doom: I had issues with his animations with OCP 2.0. Works with OCP 1.3. (Same herostat, same powerstyle, xml2 old, no xml1).
   Not sure if this is a herostat problem.
- Hulk: I realized that his skins' heads are pretty small as well. The mannequin head still looks a bit too small to me, but I think it's acceptable.
  The skins/models have an issue with the legs and arms when transitioning between some animations (I think you know what I mean). The RE skins have this issue too, but a bit less.
- Magneto: He has also similar animation transition problems as Hulk. His capes are stiff as a board (looks bad when he's dead).
         Nightcrawler and Sabretooth have it too, but only with the arms (RE models are perfect).
- Emma Frost: The packages don't quite go with the skin numbering system. It's 1-4, 9, 11-14, 19, etc. Package 10 has to be moved to 11.
                       Get Whiteking's Emma Frost for all the packages (they are identical).
- Psylocke: There's duplicate models present in models/effects and models/bolton (are there some unused ones?)
- X-Man: His talent file has not been adjusted. Does he have the all 1 point cost for talents already?

Offline UltraMegaMagnus

• Marvel Modder
  • Fantastic Member
  • Upvotes: 27
  • Direct Message Disabled
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2020, 02:22am »
Thx for the report, atm I plan to release test version and will need any help possible to fix anything, atm I remove some mipmap when it makes clearer face, some upscale, proper hud, texture icons.
Here a test version with more fix, some file are not removed yet, will be later, but I realized there is more quality of life that could be added with stateffect workaround thx to Outsider, many powerstyle will be tweaked, zoneinfo fix, and segment limit down to 4 later with editing Deadpool NPC script:
You can contact me on Discord for anything.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qjhh2r34fqnlito/OCP_2.0_test_uesless_file_not_removed_yet.7z/file

- Missing boss loadscreen for Enchantress and Executioner (both in 2901) in zoneinfo.
I'll notice Outsider about this, the boss loadscreen edit was made by him if I recall

- A couple of models+texture (in models folder) seem to have improved in the RE. Not suggesing to use them, just telling.
Which one? I'm interested.

- Dark Edition: The additional weapons for dark bosses are most likely unused, because their dark powerstyles are not edited to refer to them.
About adding powers to npc, atm I don't think it should be added, because of a game limit, the one where the game load too many thing for selected characters, when xtreme make the game softlock or zombie walk, many test done by the community suggest those issue are because the game reach a limit or load too many thing related to powerstyle, possibly from playable and npc loaded in the map. As such, I believe it's not good for game limit to add powers to npc.
Some testing by Maegawa about this limit:https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,57.msg189511.html#msg189511
We don't know exactly the cause, but it seems to be related to thing loaded from selected team and npc loaded in the map.

- Skin specific weapons: There are different versions around for the weapons of Cap (with and without specular and normal textures) and Mr. Fantastic (difference?). Not sure about Thor.
I remade some Shield projectile with proper texture, the US had wrong texture, I did not added any normal or spec on them as I don't feel it's necessary, we don't see the spec that much with the effect covering the shield. Another reason I did not added it, to not make the .igb too big, sometimes igb too big makes things load a bit slower, for thing that tends to load often, I prefer to keep low file size.
For Mr. Fantastic, only the one for the MFF skin, the rest are copy paste.

- Sims: Do the bosses need their own powerstyle, animations, packages, etc? I found packages for ironmanboss, so he has been done.
I think they need them, the ironmanboss is for the Black Widow sim boss, though I'm not sure about it

- Doom: I had issues with his animations with OCP 2.0. Works with OCP 1.3. (Same herostat, same powerstyle, xml2 old, no xml1).
I don't have problem with him atm, I'll double check him though. The herostat for Doom is also different from OCP 2.0, his first skin is now 1905, instead of 1901 (to not share the same number with his npc version)
Try unlock all powers cheat, no matter how much character you have in your herostat, the herostat has limit of talent it can loads when starting a new game that can be fixed with unlock all powers cheat and that will fix basic atk and powers too

- Hulk: I realized that his skins' heads are pretty small as well. The mannequin head still looks a bit too small to me, but I think it's acceptable.
The mesh should be accurate with the gold model, I won't be able to help on this, I'm no good at editing mesh.

The skins/models have an issue with the legs and arms when transitioning between some animations (I think you know what I mean). The RE skins have this issue too, but a bit less.
Those problem is a nightmare for model converter, the game use same skeleton for most of the characters, as such if the model itself does not have proportion matching the original skeleton+animation skeleton, plus having same skeleton lenght, size etc, some animation might not look perfect. I wish I could help on this, but this is too much trial and error to fix, we need to be extremely accurate on this, plus even vanilla model has that problem sometimes.
MrK has backported directly the skin from RE with lightning fix, not sure if I'll add them all, RE has some issues too

- Magneto: He has also similar animation transition problems as Hulk. His capes are stiff as a board (looks bad when he's dead).
I choosed to weight cape to spine2, because too hard to rig cape and because cape causes a lot of clipping when rigged to calves like in RE, jumpsmash, hardsmash, block has ton of clipping with cape. It's possible to use directly the backported model, but the 80's cape is weighted to only spine2 too causing inconsistencies with cape rigging.

- Emma Frost: The packages don't quite go with the skin numbering system. It's 1-4, 9, 11-14, 19, etc. Package 10 has to be moved to 11.
Thx, ima get his package and change powerstyle and herostat accordingly.

- Psylocke: There's duplicate models present in models/effects and models/bolton (are there some unused ones?)
Those are some file used from the XML1 conversion, I kept them here to avoid incompatibility with others mods, if files are missing, same as some effect file, package file from OCP 1.3.
I know it's not ideal, but removing old files from OCP and other conversion will lead to incompatibility for sure :(

- X-Man: His talent file has not been adjusted. Does he have the all 1 point cost for talents already?
Will be fixed in next version, I forgot him, about this, I should mention that for a new play it's best to disable autospend point to not have overpowered characters.

About Psylocke conversion
I'll probably keep Psylocke Djihan mod modified, initially I wanted to use her XML1 conversion, but the Djihan version is the most recommended, it's not exactly official sadly

About thing fixed, not released yet:
ACTOR:
Dr. Doom new 1905 skin using default skin of RE 2016 with slimmer belt + matching mannequin
dunno if we will change npc version
Hawkeye RE 2016 model fixed by MrK + hud by Maegawa + matching mannequin
Clea calf rigging fix (had an horrible deformation previsouly you could see when you firt encounter her)
Captain Marvel and Black Widow skin are now only with diffuse texture. Their mannequin as well
Dark Cyclops by LarsKusanagi using Astonishing  Next-Gen model as base+hud by LarsKusanagi and Maegawa
The Thing 0501 forearms fix
Removed mipmap for Elektra, Ms. Marvel, Wolverine playable skin

DATA:
NPCSTAT change:
Replaced Deadpool NPC segment name with his playable segment name, so hides correctly, OCP 1.3 changed the playable segment name to match PS2 name (probably to be able to use them)

CONVERSATION:
Ymir convo fix by Scottsum added
Dr. Strange & Doom (Corrected error in script file.) by Scottsum
Reed and Sue conversation by Enchlore added

SIMULATOR:
Added back vanilla sim replacing Black Widow, Captain Marvel and Ronin, Hawkeye, Hulk and Silver Surfer sim (all of those sim were not from vanilla 2006 PC game)
Thor music fix and Silver Surfer as well, replacing the high pitched music with ambient sounds just like 2016 RE thx to Cyborg Sun
Fixed music from Blade's sim, was previously missing the hash for his music sim
Added Widow's sim music file

HUD:
new 1004 hud usinf model render

MODELS:
Added igglobal attribute to converted model.

MAPS:
Sepulcher's Treasure Chest from Canino added

PACKAGES:
Magneto Package: Removal of magnetoc.igb icon reference, it's an error present in RE 2016, there was no problem with that, it's just to have tidy package content.
Ymir convo fix by Scottsum added, removed 3_niffleheim2_042_dlc reference from niffleheim2.pkgb file, since it was incorrect and needed to be be in niffleheim2b
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 06:27am by UltraMegaMagnus »

Offline ak2yny
  • Amazing Member
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2020, 05:23pm »
Thank you.
Just a quick reply on Doom:
The problem was indeed herostat and the primary skin move (no packages for 1901). Is working perfectly now.
Btw., I made packages for the NPC skins so they're usable as well. Will probably post later. Some are already available (like Doom from OCP1). The package includes the custom models and effects for Dark Bosses/skins (by Lars), because most powerstyles were already set up for them.

Offline UltraMegaMagnus

• Marvel Modder
  • Fantastic Member
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2020, 06:43am »
I'm writing a TO DO List not exhausitve atm https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/449515176312569856/756151571816906802/Changelog.xlsx, there will be only test version of OCP until it's ready, there is lot of thing to improve. The cleanup of useless file can be done in the end.

I'd like to discuss about some character, I agree with putting the more official version of them, but which one to include, the other could be added in optional file?

For Cyclops, XML2 by Maegawa is already great, I'm wondering if the Gold should be preferred for the sake of putting the MUA version over XML2.

For Psylocke, all conversion of her from the forum are not totally accurate of her XML and MUA2 appearance, still the XML from Blitzz is the closest, besides the added powers with the katana.
Her MUA2 Wii can be added quite easily, but I haven't seen a version which added the katana power, I tried to add it, but failed to make it work, it makes uses of special affecter.

All XML, XML2 conversion, all conversion from Maegawa are already top notch, for the rest, we can improve their conversion by using the melee atk they use by mixing anim and editing their powerstyle, the XML also needs sounds quality upgrade, they sound sometimes like they were recorded in game.

Another thing about Magneto saving Nightcrawler and Jean

This was never official, but what bother me the most is that there is no epilogue telling we saved both, should we keep it?

About HUD
We can remake all hud using in game model by ripping them and making render of them via 3DS max, instead of upscaling, worthy or not for some hud?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 08:33am by UltraMegaMagnus »

Offline LarsAlexandersson

• Convo Starters
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 62
  • The fighting/action game xpert & informer.
    • http://larsmasters.deviantart.com/
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2020, 08:42am »
We should keep Mag saving both NC & Jean. UPDATE: Because MUA2 continuity where Jean’s never turned into Dark Phoenix & X-Men isn’t disbanded is really confusing

I would like to say no for XML2 Cyclops

You should use my latest anim pack provided for MUA-related OCPs (36 & MUA2 (Jean, Psylocke & Gambit))
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 10:43pm by LarsAlexandersson »
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Offline UltraMegaMagnus

• Marvel Modder
  • Fantastic Member
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2020, 09:35am »
ak2yny, I completely missed your latest post from the previous page, I'll check it out now. Thx for it, this look like great work. if you can please come to Discord, better to coordinate. Some Lars upgrade will be used for sure and new Cyclops, Psylocke, maybe others.

About Venom
Thx for the file, I now notice the error in the package file, I now notice that package for Venom was wrong for a long time(I think it was on purpose to have static tongue in OCP 1.3), boltonanim.xml needs to be updated as well with this naming, I might change 17610 to something else to not clash with character mods using that skin number.
The Venom packaging is very interesting, it might have lead to some problem for modders making booster with package without the file referenced inside.
I'll check the rest later.

For Sabretooth:
Will be using the sound file referenced in conversation file.

Bonus2:
ALL CHARACTERS (VANILLA GOLD, OCP, RE) ARE USING LIFT AS A HASH IN SOUND FILES, WHICH IS UNSUPORTED BY MUA2006.

Wow, great discovery, thx will be using for sure, this will need to be documented for modders.

For remaining DLC skin:
Will probably add MrK model backport, except Magneto for now, if nikita can extract fbx for Magneto that would be great, so we could have all 4 skin with rigged cape.

How did you fixed loop sound?

Another thing I'd like to discuss, which skin should be default with mannequin?
In current OCP 2.0, my logic was to make the first skin the same as the first appearance in MUA of the characters, first in cutscene, then in game or from loadscreen, if not present using his XML2 latest appearance.
I always thought that the main skin for DLC characters was a bit odd, Nightcrawler appears as Ultimate in game and uses Astonishing as first skin, Hawkeye has different first skin in Gold and PSP.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 11:52am by UltraMegaMagnus »

Offline ak2yny
  • Amazing Member
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2020, 04:05pm »
Unfortunately it's too time consuming for me to participate on Discord. I have lots of time, but only little online. That's also the reason why I feel the OCP is too loaded.

Anyway, the loop fix is from this tutorial. Last section:
https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,2249.html

Offline Jaybird

• Fantastic Member
  • Upvotes: 13
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2020, 06:33pm »
I second the motion to keep the Magneto fix. Even if there's not an official ending, I feel its to big a plot hole to leave. On a side note, I've been watching this closely. I need to do a fresh install on my new pc, and I am waiting on the definitive version of this. I'm available this weekend if there's anything I can do to help. I've done beta testing for various games in the past.

Offline UltraMegaMagnus

• Marvel Modder
  • Fantastic Member
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2020, 11:38pm »
thx ak2yny and JAYBIRD for the help, any is very appreciated.
All of your work ak2yny will be included, albeit modified for Venom.

I think I sufficiently answered how you can use RE files without breaking compatibility.
I'm not sure if you meant to be rude here, but I'd kindly ask to try to avoid any sentence that could sound rude or bossy, I was already annoyed by the exclamation point in your txt. I'm aware you apologized for anything that could sound harsh, still it's annoys me to read things that looks like passive aggressive and bossy to me.
I'm ranting here, but I had to spit it out. I don't want to sound mean here, appreciate your help, I'm just getting increasingly annoyed and losing motivation.
The real issue is the internal name and soundname, you change them, you break conversation for gold characters and others mods making use of them, since most of them use OCP 1.3 naming. Conversation references internal name and sound path. Using RE files is definitely fine.

I also highly recommend everyone the use of MO2 for testing

For the help needed:
- Any report, suggestion, discussion, testing (using MO2 is a plus)
- Sounds upgrade for XML1 characters, someone would have to convert to wav the xvoice with foobar2000+vgmsteam to get clean sound, I can do this, but prefer to do others stuff, it's a minor thing, consider it as bonus, old sounds were fine, but could be better.
- Animated flying mannequin or static grounded mannequin
- Human Torch mannequin and effect in team select as a bonus, but for Ghost Rider and Human Torch, I believe it's best to have mannequins without effect, because their effect is persistent in hero detail while in combat mode, it's coded in the exe, as such even, if you remove them, the effect is still present, unless you change their reference in the exe as reported by Scottsum.
- XML characters with melee atk from XML?
- anything else I can't do or thing missed
- hud fix, still need to remove bad upscaled.
- A new phoenix internal name more appropriate, I like your suggestion of phoenix_hero, renaming powerstyle etc maybe for consistency
- Pyro loadscreen quality upgrade from Baconwizard
- Proper 5th and 6th skin with official content or just leave placeholder?

About Venom
Kept OCP 1.3 name for the venom tongue and venom anim, edited the package to refers to them properly, this was done again to avoid incompatibility, it was either changing the package name or changing the rest including boltonanim.xml, but since most of mod used the OCP 1.3 boltonanim.xml, I preferered to not change it. I considered adding a line with the RE tongue anim name, but preferred not in case there is a limit with entries in boltonanim.xml. Another reason is that 17610 will take the skin number of any characters mod using skin numbers from 17607 to 17612.

About cleaning files
I've asked on Discord about removing the fightstyle characters files, Outsider answered that some characters mods use those file sadly, removing them will cause incompatibility, missing files problem. I'm sad about this, but I fear OCP 1.3 files, like effect path, even if not used must be kept. We have to assume sadly that many mods uses OCP unused files.

Leadership talent:

https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10305.msg190803.html#msg190803, still not definitive answer, but worth checking.

As for thing I plan to do for now
To do list lol, testing, centralizing all reports.
- A new Psylocke, either a straight conversion of XML1 or WII, atm I lean more towards XML1, just because I can't figure out how to make her katana power work. The conversion of Lars is consided, it's an hybrid of Wii and XML. I gotta say one thing about Wii animations, I hate them, no offense to game dev, but they feel lesser quality than XML and MUA, they does not feel smooth (looking at you Green Goblin). I know many like Psylocke triple jump, but it feels wacky to me, melee attack are jittery.
- Mrk direct backport of Gold model, minus Magneto, need to rig the cape of the 80"s model, hopefully nikita can extract it.

Side Note
I thing anything done via skinnerui with keep the same color numbers from the modified .igb, while exporting with 3DS max will allow more color number and thus better quality.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 01:40pm by UltraMegaMagnus »

Offline ak2yny
  • Amazing Member
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2020, 04:04pm »
I'm not sure if you meant to be rude here, [...]
Yes, I'm very sorry about this. This sentence was not meant to be rude at all. I know that sometimes I don't realize how something might have come out wrong. Anyway, all the fuzz abouth this, and why I put so much effort in it: There's many RE files that didn't change internal naming, numbering, or anything. So I listed what's identical to OCP 1.3, and what other files can safely be used. I probably have also missunderstood your first comment on my recommendation.

Updated report:
- thor_v.zss: This fixes Thor's extreme shout. Sorry for not realizing this earlier.
   Btw., this made me think: are there more xtreme shouts, that don't work?
- actors/2006: This is a duplicate of his dark version skin.
- About that frame in main menu (moving in from the left): This is removed with m_main_left_frame (model).
  The RE removed it by editing main_beenox.engb (but changed other stuff as well). The OCP 2.0 currently includes the original file (and it's not edited).

Loadscreens:
3901   Is this really the official XML loadscreen for Professor X?
12301 Is this an official Phoenix loadscreen?
12302 duplicate of 12301
12303 This is her official XML loadscreen.
19002 Is this an official loadscreen? (Astonishing Beast)

Maps:
Got it. HQ changes are about the simulator discs.
 Question: Is this actually working now? Because if it is, I will try to make a simulator pack where the disc changes go together with the simulator.engb in the data folder.
Sidenote: I think segment edits should not be in the map files, but in the scripts (eg. Magneto has his helmet hidden through scripts).

Cyclops: I prefer RE Cyclops, because I think the Icons are better, and the overal moves look slighly more appealing to me (not sure, but I believe the Maegawa version has reduced melee moves). Also, the effects are improved imo.

Magneto saves both X-Men: I vote for using this (btw, is someone making polls @ Discord for these questions?). See below, I have a little more information on this.

HUD: I would not touch the vanilla HUD's that are fine. All HUD's look fine ingame if they're at least 128x128. For making new HUD's via 3dsMax render: Thats too much unnecessary work imo. If no good HUD's are available, I would totally consider this method, but as some vanilla NPC HUD's are shots of their models and others art, I can totally agree to mixing them. MUA has mixed outlines, qualities, resolutions, artworks by default and that is very acceptable. If a HUD is from a comic tile or from a pic that is too small to make a decent full headshot (like when almost the whole hero is on it), that's not so nice.
I like it if I can preview HUD's with Insight Viewer, but I think Maegawa's (DLC) HUD's can just as well be used without converting them (less work).

5th and 6th skins: Definitely keep the packages in OCP, because they don't change the game. (I think that's what you mean by placeholder?)
I'm all for not adding the actor models, because of the space used. My personal preference for herostat would be to not include them (would have to, if actors are removed), my argument being, that players that use more skins, use their own herostat as well. The complete xml-herostat list (with 5th + 6th skins) can be provided to make creating new custom herostats easier (could also be in OpenHeroSelect .cfg format). Alternatively, can be distributed through 50RH only.

XML2 characters:
I agree with the updates (especially fixes). I'm sorry that I didn't examine the boosters you already credited. Upon reading the release notes by Maegawa, I'm convinced that the boosters are very true to the XML2 counterparts. Btw. did you skip the Sunfire booster on purpose?
BLaw made improved skins for Bishop that stay true to his official XML skins. Can just as well be left out, because he's the only one (I believe).
XML1 characters:
Psylocke: XML1 characters have very few sounds and in order to make a better MUA port, you can justify improved sounds. Better effects are very acceptable as well (thinking about special block effects, unique animations, or even one or two additional powers, and especially improved hud heads and icons). What I would love to see, is powers staying true to her XML counterpart (no matter if it's from Wii, Dihan, or XML port), and her original skins, mainly to keep her in line with all other XML charakters. Don't spend too much time on her.
Cable, I have only now realized is using a booster as well. (Cable was missing in first update of OCP 2.0?). Outsider's version is the best available, but I'm not sure what version stays closer to the official character. Emma Frost would be way better with the (Whiteking) booster as well. How about letting XML 1 characters be different, because it creates more work making them better XML 1 counterparts than just use the best available. If anyone would be interrested on making these better XML 1 counterparts, the OCP can still be updated.
Just thinking loud: A third option would be to make the download of the XML characters seperate again and include there the best versions available.
XML1 characters might have improved skins by BLaw too:
  Beast (Actually the hands don't look so good and 4 of 12 skins have been lost.)
  Emma Frost (1 skin only), was a collab with Aventureiromax
  Cable (2-4 skins)
  Somehow I prefer all 4 skins to be the same (either improved or not improved). So this would leave us with no XML1 skin improvements.

Mannequins: (Maybe contrary to what I said before), I'm totally fine with the changes. Can't say that I prefer original manny and primary skin or the one in LS, cutscenes or others. My personal preference would have been to not change (because changing means work lol). Vanilla wouldn't have to change anyway, would they?
Nightcrawler: If you remove the swords (or replace with RE models), this mannequin will already be perfect. Or use RE model.
The only thing I sometimes notice, is that a mannequin uses idle or menu animation capture, which I think is kind of lame.

Venom naming: Double-check the packages, because last time I did, the naming in OCP 1.3 packages was 17610 and 176_venom_tongue.

Teamselect effects: I don't know why, but the removed effects never show on any selection stage for me.

Maybe this is not for discussion, but for seperate pack/versions I care for fallowing:
- Point costs for talents (in talent files). I don't want to be able to upgrade all, I want to choose which one I focus on.
- Unlock all (this has already been removed AFAIK)
- Removed frame in main menu. (Whatever, but I liked the frame.) I also vote for the vanilla logo.
- Compatibility with mods. Especially non-OCP 1.3 files (if any).
   It's still possible to make them work.
   OCP 1.3 files could be left out too, because you can still install it beforehand if you care about compatibility. (But that's just my opinion.)
   (Compatibility sounds like a "MarvelMods Essentials Pack" to me)
- (Maybe custom boosters that didn't have the original XML Characters in mind: Psylocke (Dihan), Cable (Outsider).)

On a personal note: I would fix some bugs (that are since vanilla and old OCP) later or not at all. Like Enchantress heal for example.

Packages:

If I want to use a dark edition skin for eg. Thing, I would only need to set the skin number in his herostat to 0505. But then I would be missing the package, because the darkthing package doesn't work.
So here I present packages for skipped npc skins of Fantastic Four, Spiderman, Thor, Captain America, Black Widow, Ironman, Nightcrawler, Jean Grey/Phoenix, Professor X, and Wolverine. Doom was in OCP 1 and Psylocke has them already in OCP 2 (suggest to remove her 9th package though).
Note: I think they should be in OCP, as well as the packages for 5th and 6th skins.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/04wvbekk2cuh2ka/NPC+to+playable+packages+by+ak2yny.rar/file

Changes for some Dark Bosses:
Cap
 Powerstyle: Changed effects for skinfilter 0705 to model and effect 0705 (by Lars).
Mr Fantastic
 Added pkgb for 2006 with arms 2082 and 2083, arms and fists are temporarily from the primary skin (01, 50+51)
 Powerstyle: Added 2006's arms and fists.
 Note: models/bolton/mr_fantastic_fist_[...]_2005   > 2001-2005 are all the same (i think)
Thor
 Entities: Changed effect for 1005 to char/thor/p5_power1005 (by Lars)
 Note1: p5_power1005 refers to models/bolton/thor_hammer_1005 (by Lars).
 Note2: Fightstyle only uses model thor_hammer_1004 for (all/no?) moves.
Credits for models and effects: LarsAlexandersson

Note on Phoenix/Jean Grey: If the name is changed, needs the right packages for this, so the two included ones can be deleted.

Note on fightstyles (in characters packages): I will not spend any time on collecting/editing these, although I found them for all remainig characters that don't have it yet. Some are identical with their package of the primary skin (the bigger one).

Unlock Characters:

I think unlock everything has been removed already.
Here I provide the script that unlocks Doom. He unlocks by beating the game, but no message is shown (only the one for Fury).
Unlocking Hulk and Nightcrawler has been in the OCP since version 1.
I tested the DLC character unlocks, and a few vanilla unlocks.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gz698zywxixll7t/Doom+unlock+by+ak2yny.rar/file

Unlock list for DLC characters:
unlockCharacter("hulk", "" )
 scripts\act1\omega\omega3\ecs_aux_control.py
 After deactivating the gamma bomb, together with the disappearance of Banner.
unlockCharacter("nightcrawlerdlc", "" )
 scripts\act2\mephisto\mephisto3\xmen_free.py
  This is only with Magneto, when you release Nighcrawler.
 scripts\act2\mephisto\mephisto3\nightcrawler_release.py
 Note: In OCP1 Magneto's trick only works on Jean's cage. I made a mod, so it works on both. *
unlockCharacter("doomdlc", "" )
 scripts\act5\doom\doom5\end_of_game.py
 Together with Nick Fury.

* This has been done before AFAIK, but I didn't have time or internet to check this out.
  If the working scripts of Nighcrawler are cloned, we get another conversation which results in a softlock. So I combined them.
  Bonus: conversations\act2\mephisto\mephisto4\2_mephisto4_029.engb: As a German native speaker, I had to correct this spelling.
  Note1: mephisto3.py includes stuff about the cages, but it has no influence on this incident and is also identical to vanilla. Please remove.
  Note2: phoenix_fade.py changed the exit relay (in maps\act2\mephisto\mephisto3.engb), while the original works perfectly and the change creates a bug. Please remove.
   Btw. changes on mephisto3.engb is comic disc only and has nothing to do with this incident.
  Note3: Doesn't include voices. I don't think it's got voiceovers.
  Also, when Magneto saves both X-Men, no epilogue is set. So, no epilogue of vengeance plays...

Vanilla unlocks of characters:
unlockCharacter("drstrange", "" )
 scripts\act1\mandarin\mandarin4\que_baddies.py
 Unlocks Dr Strange at the end of Act 1, after you helped him to find the Orb of Agamotto.
unlockCharacter("blade", "" )
 scripts\act2\murder\murder4\blade_button.py
 scripts\act2\murder\murder4\claw_win.PY
 When you beat the Claw game. (Don't know why it needs two scripts...)
 Note: In scripts\act2\murder\murder4\murder4.PY, the Claw game gets removed if Blade is unlocked.
unlockCharacter("ghostrider", "" )
 scripts\act2\mephisto\mephisto2\yes_switch.PY
 When you agree to switch your current hero with GR.
 Note: The current hero then gets locked and unlocked again in scripts\act2\mephisto\mephisto4\hero_get_mephisto.PY
unlockCharacter("mrfantastic", "" )
 scripts\act1\omega\omega3\ecs_reed_joins.py
 Idea: Unlock all Fantastic Four together. But I wouldn't know how to lock them in the first place...
unlockCharacter("nickfury", "" )
 by beating the game (don't know if this is with a script)
  Note: We get an award: awardAchievement("", "unlocked_nickfury" ) in scripts\act5\doom\doom5\end_of_game.py.
unlockCharacter("silversurfer", "" )
 Complete all Comic Book Missions (don't know if this is with a script)
unlockCharacter("daredevil", "" )
  Collect action figures (don't know if this is with a script)
unlockCharacter("blackpanther", "" )
  Collect action figures (don't know if this is with a script)

The other characters are unlocked in OCP 1.3 when starting a new game, after the first cut-scene. (scripts\act1\heli\heli1\heli1.py)
In 50RH they're unlocked when starting a new game. (scripts\menus\new_game.py)
 This way they're unlocked when we get to the pre-game selection stage.
I only included the new_game script. Here's the list of the heroes that are unlocked in this manner:

unlockCharacter("hawkeye", "" )
unlockCharacter("cyclops", "" )
 Could have an unlock code when Dark Cyclops is beaten...?
 But Spiderman, Thor, Cap, and three of the Fantastic Four are unlocked from the start as well.
unlockCharacter("magneto", "" )
unlockCharacter("sabretooth", "" )
unlockCharacter("venom", "" )
unlockCharacter("ronin", "" )
unlockCharacter("blackwidowv", "" )
unlockCharacter("captainmarvel", "" )
unlockCharacter("moonknight", "" )
unlockCharacter("colossus", "" )
 Could have an unlock code when Dark Colossus is beaten...?

Note: With this file, the heli1 script is not needed anymore.
      Except if you want to use it instead. But please remove doomdlc unlock from heli1 if you are going to keep it (and Doom custom unlock).
Sidenote: Only some need the unlock code. I haven't tested with the 50RH stage, if more unlocks would be necessary.

Extraction point unlocks:

In the 50RH, all extraction points are unlocked (scripts\menus\new_game.py). I took that and removed the E.P. (and Doom). In Doom unlock package above.
Here's a list of all extraction point unlocks:
extractionUnlock("act1/stark/stark1" )
 scripts\act1\stark\stark1.py
extractionUnlock("act1/heli/heli1" )
 Originally no extraction point
extractionUnlock("act1/heli/heli3" )
extractionUnlock("act1/omega/omega1" )
extractionUnlock("act1/omega/omega3" )
extractionUnlock("act1/atlantis/atlantis2" )
extractionUnlock("act1/atlantis/atlantis4" )
extractionUnlock("act1/atlantis/atlantis5" )
extractionUnlock("act1/mandarin/mandarin1" )
extractionUnlock("act1/mandarin/mandarin3" )
extractionUnlock("act2/strange/strange1" )
 scripts\act2\strange\strange1.py
extractionUnlock("act2/murder/murder2" )
 scripts\act2\murder\murder2\pitfall_win_end.PY
 Removes the plug and reactivates the extraction point.
 This works perfectly with the extraction point unlocked from the start.
extractionUnlock("act2/murder/murder3" )
extractionUnlock("act2/mephisto/mephisto1" )
extractionUnlock("act2/mephisto/mephisto3" )
extractionUnlock("act3/valhalla/valhalla1" )
 scripts\act3\valhalla\valhalla1.py
extractionUnlock("act3/bifrost/bifrost2" )
extractionUnlock("act3/asgard/asgard1" )
extractionUnlock("act3/asgard/asgard3" )
extractionUnlock("act3/niffleheim/niffleheim1" )
extractionUnlock("act3/niffleheim/niffleheim2" )
extractionUnlock("act3/niffleheim/niffleheim3" )
extractionUnlock("act4/attilan/attilan1" )
 scripts\act4\attilan\attilan1.py
extractionUnlock("act4/shiar/shiar1" )
 scripts\act4\shiar\shiar1\shiar1.py
 There was apparently a bug about this one
extractionUnlock("act4/shiar/shiar2" )
extractionUnlock("act4/shiar/shiar4" )
extractionUnlock("act4/skrull/skrull2" )
extractionUnlock("act4/skrull/skrull4" )
extractionUnlock("act5/doomstark/doomstark1b" )
 scripts\act5\doomstark\doomstark1b.PY
 scripts\act5\doomstark\doomstark1a\doomstark1a.py
 scripts\act5\doomstark\doomstark1a\doomstark1.py
 There seem multiple versions of this extraction point, depending on the progress.
extractionUnlock("act5/doom/doom1" )
extractionUnlock("act5/doom/doom2" )
extractionUnlock("act5/doom/doom3" )
extractionUnlock("act5/doom/doom4" )
Note1: The scripts, that unlock an extraction point in the current map only, add "extractionUnlock("" )".
Note2: Only HQ extraction points are unlocked in scripts. I don't know how the others are unlocked. (in maps?)

Unlock hard difficulty:

This is unlocked in 50RH in scripts\menus\intro_normal.py. Just remove this file to remove the unlock.

I'd like to help with sounds.
I'm not familiar with the programs you use, and I'm not sure what you mean by clean sounds exactly: do you mean that they should sound perfectly in zsm-editor? Most that aren't quite perfect in there sound perfect ingame. Or do you mean the XML1 sounds, that sound like they where recorded while playing? For XML1 sounds: are you talking about making a clean rip from the XML1 x_voice? Or do you have other sources? I don't suppose you're talking about a cleaner version of MUA x_voice...
Here is my conversion of Cannonball's sounds (from a modified XML2 x_voice). Tell me if these are good enough.

Bishop: This has nothing to do with the OCP, but I'd like to suggest a change for him. Bishop's mutant power is to absorb energy that fuels his reserves to release energy. The game allows of a perfect way for that, namely to absorb energy damage into energy. I've written a short ability code for his talent file , that is meant to replace his energy immunity, by enabling him to partly absorb energy damage. So when he's attacked with lots of energies, he has almost infinite energy suply for his powers. If he's attacked by other forms of damage, he's normal like everyone else.
Code: [Select]
   talent {
   descname = Energy Immunity ;
   description = Bishop absorbs all $DMG_ENERGY, a percentage into $EP. ;
   name = bishop_resist ;
   type = ability ;
      level {
      count = 1 ;
         powerup {
         life = -1 ;
            affecter {
            affect_type = scale ;
            attribute = def_damage_scope ;
            damagetype = dmg_energy ;
            level = 0 ;
            }

}

powerup {
         life = -1 ;
            affecter {
            attribute = def_absorb_energy ;
            level = %bish_shield_pct ;
            }

}

}

}
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 06:27pm by ak2yny »

Offline UltraMegaMagnus

• Marvel Modder
  • Fantastic Member
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2020, 01:02am »
Thx for your answer and report, I now know that you did not meant to be rude for sure, so it's fine, not to worry now.
I'll try to answer all report, if I don't comment something, it's not that I ignore it, but not sure sure how the thing works.
I've updated the OCP link with some changes, forgive the lack of proper changelog, also for credits for now, I can't edit the main post for now, I'm still trying to put a to do list.

Also any help still needed to help fix thing, for whatever you are able to to, comment here everyone if you can help.

About HUD and cleanup
Will remove the hud not being improvement and cleanup file, I haven't cleanup files properly until now, will do later.
A note about HUD, I re-exported many HUD via 3DS MAX using nikita template, because those HUD does not need to be hexedited (for Arcade droid, npc), which is a huge timesaver, also can be previewed.
You can check this out for HUD asset and preview for hud included in the pack:https://www.mediafire.com/file/6579cfgcus0thi7/Update_and_random_stuff.7z/file

About that frame in main menu
Noted, will be added back, it's main_left_frame.igb from ui/model, I also deleted reference of it in beenox_engb file, easy fix, will delete the file.

Loadscreens:

3901, I think not, it looks like from the comic, now that you mention it, dunno why loadscreen from XML2 was not added, I'll make a loadcreen from XML2.
12301, Yes from XML1, we can change Jean loading if needed, she has so many official asset available.
19002, unsure, I think not, will remove

Maps:
Got it. HQ changes are about the simulator discs.
 Question: Is this actually working now? Because if it is, I will try to make a simulator pack where the disc changes go together with the simulator.engb in the data folder.
Sidenote: I think segment edits should not be in the map files, but in the scripts (eg. Magneto has his helmet hidden through scripts).

What are referring to exactly? I forgot what this what about., I see for Magneto, I'll check.

Cyclops: I prefer RE Cyclops, because I think the Icons are better, and the overal moves look slighly more appealing to me (not sure, but I believe the Maegawa version has reduced melee moves). Also, the effects are improved imo.
Your Cyclops has been added to the latest link thx.

Magneto saves both X-Men: I vote for using this (btw, is someone making polls @ Discord for these questions?). See below, I have a little more information on this.
Will be kept, still lack of epilogue, unknown if we can do something about it without breaking game limit. I always assume that adding thing in map, data file can lead to finding limit.

5th and 6th skins
I did not used the most appropriate word with "placeholder", I meant more bonus skin, that players can change.
Putting actor, hud optional can be done, will check when doing cleanup with herostat etc. After finishing setting up the roster, will do a cleanup to make actor, hud file as a bonus file or something like that.

XML2 characters:
Generally speaking, no offense to original mod author, XML, XML2 all lack something to me, except Maegawa's booster.
I forgot Sunfire lol, can add, but need to tweak it to use the default costume passive management.
Psylocke
Keeping her true to her original game appearance would be easy, either using Blitzz XML1 (difference is that he added katana powers) or Djihan (Katana power was modified, I believe because it's too complex to adapt this power in MUA).
Djihan version is the more popular version, I can edit it so it's really close to Wii version, just copy pasting Wii files, adapting herostat a bit. I really don't have any preference, Psylocke feels lackluster in both version to me lol. Lars made a mix between the two base on Djihan mod if I'm not wrong.
XML2 PSP characters
Cable from Outsider is best to use, because it fixes the original Cable mod, I'm not sure if the original was close to the PSP, I don't think we can get really close XML2 PSP conversion, since we can't use their anim file.
Emma Frost WhiteKing
No offense to him, but I heard there was some problem with the mod, I've checked quickly the powerstyle, I think the event limit was reached in the powerstyle, that could lead to some issue, plus many unique talent.
Skins from Baconwizard could be used as upgrade for Beast, dunno for the rest.

I'll read the rest later.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 07:03am by UltraMegaMagnus »

Offline Jaybird

• Fantastic Member
  • Upvotes: 13
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2020, 09:48am »
Early you asked about leadership talents, so I did a little experiment.
I fought the first 3 Ultron bots on the first level 8 times. These were my results.

1.One combos performed
Storm-1002 exp
Wolverine-1187 exp

2.Storms leadership maxed out to 125%, one combo performed
Storm-1063 exp
wolverine-1250 exp

3.Fury's leadership maxed out, two combos performed
Fury-1827
Deadpool-1518

4.Fury's leadership maxed out, one combo performed
Fury-1533
Deadpool-970

I don't know what to make of that data, so I tried something different. This time I used Storm and Fury.

5.Both Leaderships maxed out , one combo done
Storm-1607
Fury-1308

6.No leadership or combos
Storm-729
Fury-735

7.Strom's leadership maxed out, one combo performed
Strom-1302
Fury-1002

8.Fury's leadership maxed out, one combo performed
Storm-1548
Fury-1308

I don't know if this will be helpful at all, but I gave it a shot.

Offline Just HAZ
  • Uncanny Member
  • Upvotes: 0
  • Hi All, I'm HAZ
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2020, 06:25pm »
Hi, i have some issues,

The data for Cable, and Dark Phoenix seem missing. i can't find it on actors and the other file.

Offline UltraMegaMagnus

• Marvel Modder
  • Fantastic Member
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2020, 12:03am »
Thx for the report and help, I'll test some thing. Leadership is indeed working with your data Jay.
- I haven't tested all of your files and report yet aykyn sorry, I'm checking other files and previous reports atm, the review_paths.engb since OCP 1.3 (not pointing at OCP 1.3, just reporting) does not unlock loadscreen for boss in review menu from the hub (specifically for the hub review menu) as reported by Cyborg Sun, I think it's because Dr. Doom was placed in the review path like it was a character and not a Boss, I edited the review_paths.engb so it behave like a boss loadscreen.
- EDIT Nightcrawler is fine. Very interesting what you found for Venom's package, as it could lead to issue, Nightcrawler has the exact same problem (from RE package), yet they work somehow. I haven't included your Venom fix yet.
- Cable and Dark Phoenix were indeed missing in latest link, my bad, they are added back.

Unlock will be removed for final version, I kept them atm for faster testing.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 03:08am by UltraMegaMagnus »

Offline UltraMegaMagnus

• Marvel Modder
  • Fantastic Member
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2020, 06:09am »
I've updated the OCP link with more fixes, upscales from Bacon, ak2yny, MattTurbular, LarsKusanagi, preferably install on a fresh build. I've removed some unlocks and made it optional, there is still many things to be made optional and more fix to review before next update. The changelog and todolist is still a mess, any help would be appreciated to have a tidy todolist.

About 5th, 6th package number:
I made them different than dark number, so anyone can replace those skin with something else without clashing with the dark skin.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 07:06am by UltraMegaMagnus »