MPrince's Epic Music Mod Overhaul w New Opening Video - Now Officially Released!

Started by MPRINCE34, June 19, 2023, 06:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Alright my beautiful people! I am officially releasing my Epic Music Overhaul project!

This has been months in the making. I'm a big fan of epic/trailer music, so this project was highly ambitious for me!

This new music mod features over 80+ new songs for the main game(except for sim missions). They also include the hubs and and unique boss battle sequence, and if you ever want to go back to the old MUA tunes, then you will be happy to know I added a feature to hear the old OST when you disable combat music in the main menu options(be warned that for certain instances that involve special secondary tracks such as boss themes, that this will not play the old OST for them. Unfortunately the game has a limit to the number of tracks that can be played on the ambiance track without combat music.

Outsider has given me his blessing to make tracks for his EXG stages. His EXG can be found here: https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11319.msg203587.html#msg203587

Known issues

- Winter Soldier and Radioactive Man's stage has an unfortunate bug that starts the track over if you step on one of the wind tunnels on the outside of the Helicarrier. This is due to the second boss track being tied to the wind tunnel. Unfortunately this was the only way I could give them a unique track. So if you avoid stepping on the wind tunnels, you should be fine and not experience a track reset.

- I haven't figured out how I'm going to share the character select music since it's tied to the team bonus file and the X_voice. These are typically critical files that you would likely have to edit yourself since using my files could screw up your character announcements and unique team buffs that you may have downloaded.

Here is a preview below for some of my work. Includes a new music video opening! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXPoDC0Qmqs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF2STeTW1wk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxmRX6I3Wv0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb31lIWKCfQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HxcQBcKZ8s

Credits and Many Thanks: This mod simply would not have been possible if not for these amazing people below! Please follow their work and guides, and keep making wonderful content for this game!

Sound Guides/Tutorials/References
BACONWIZARD17
TOMOKO
OUTSIDER
ak2yny
ULTRAMEGAMAGNUS

Sound Modding Tools
NIKITA488
MUALOVER
TONY STARK
ak2yny
Ceamonks890
ULTRAMEGAMAGNUS

Disclaimer:
I do not take credit for any of the soundtracks that are used in this mod. I have comprised a complete list of all of the songs that have been modded into the game, including its creators! Please go listen to their music on their official platforms and show them some love!

Complete Soundtrack List

Act 1

Heli 1 - Joseph William Morgan - Conquer The Fall
Heli 2 - Joseph William Morgan - No Tomorrow
Heli 3 - Immediate Music - Time To Die
Heli 4 - Infrasound - The Resistance
Heli 4 (Fin Fang Foom Boss) - Joseph William Morgan - Charges From The Sky
Stark Tower A - Brian Tyler New Beginnings (Iron Man 3 OST Track 6)
Stark Tower B - Brian Tyler The Mechanic (Iron Man 3 OST Track 14)
Omega Base 1 - Joseph William Morgan - Binary Pursuit
Omega Base 2 - We'll End This War · Secession Studios · Greg Dombrowski
Omega Base 3 - Awakening · Secession Studios · Greg Dombrowski
Omega Base 4 - Desolation of Light · Secession Studios · Greg Dombrowski
Omega Base 5 (Elevators) - Olivier Deriviere - Rising Up (Extended) (Streets of Rage 4 OST)
Omega Base 6 - Danny Elfman - Main Titles (Hulk 2003 OST)
Omega Base 7 (MODOK Boss)- Daniel Rojas - M.O.D.O.K End Title Theme ("M.O.D.O.K" 2021 OST)
Atlantis 1(Ambiance) - Joseph William Morgan - Lost Horizons
Atlantis 1(Battle) - Nick Phoenix - Two Steps From Hell - North Country
Atlantis 2 - Mark John Petrie - Prevail
Atlantis 3 - Nick Phoenix - Two Steps From Hell - North Country
Atlantis 4 - Joseph William Morgan - Lost Horizons
Atlantis 4(Tiger Shark & Attuma Battle) - Daniel James - HybridTwo - Black Friday
Atlantis 5(Krakan Boss) - Joseph William Morgan - Elite Voids
X-Mansion A - John Ottman - Hope (X-men Days of Future Past 2014 OST)
X-Mansion B (Subbasement) - John Ottman - All Those Voices (X-men Days of Future Past 2014 OST)
                                          Contacting Raven (X-men Days of Future Past 2014 OST)
X-Mansion C (Danger Room) - John Ottman - The Attack Begins (X-men Days of Future Past 2014 OST)
The Mandarin Palace 1 - Gregory Tan & Iliya Zaki - Wu Kong 悟空 - Born To Own
The Mandarin Palace 2 - Gregory Tan & Iliya Zaki - Wu Kong 悟空 - For Extermination
The Mandarin Palace 2 (Grey Gargoyle Battle) - Gregory Tan & Iliya Zaki - Wu Kong 悟空 - Purgatory Stance
The Mandarin Palace 3 - Gregory Tan & Iliya Zaki - Wu Kong 悟空 - Last Blood
The Mandarin Palace 4 - Tian Bo & Gabriel Saban - Cézame Music - Fairytales and Heroes  Samuel Kim
The Mandarin Palace 5 (Mandarin Battle) - Samuel Kim - Shang-Chi Main Theme (Marvel Studios: Shang-Chi OST)

Act 2

Sanctum Sanctorum - Michael Giacchino - Strange As It May Seem (Doctor Strange 2016 OST)
Mind Over Matter (Doctor Strange 2016 OST)
Let's Get Astro - Physical (Doctor Strange 2016 OST)
Faux Castle Doom - Joseph Trapanese- Position Music - Refraction
Murder World 1 - Audiomachine - The Midnight Circus
Murder World 2 - Oleksandr Fokshtein - Really Slow Motion & Giant Apes - Dark Prophecy
Murder World 3 - AK Blackthorne - Promethean Gifts
Murder World 3 (Deadly Games) - Rok Nardin - Circus Of Doom
Murder World 4 (Arcade Robot Battle) - Joseph William Morgan - Immortal Battle
New York 1 & 3 - John Samuel Hanson - Confidential Music - Encounter
New York 2 - Mark Petrie - Audiomachine - Dauntless
New York 4 (Kingpin Battle) - Philippe Briand & Gabriel Saband - Colossal Trailer Music - Humans
Mephisto's Realm 1 - David Chappell - Atom Music - Unbreakable
Mephisto's Realm 2 - Martyn Corbet - Elephant Music - Influence
Mephisto's Realm 3 - David Chappell - Atom Music - Face The Darkness
Mephisto's Realm 4 & 5 (Black Heart & Mephisto Battle) - Joseph William Morgan - Crazy Train

Act 3

Asgard Valhalla Base A - Brian Tyler - Into Eternity (Alternate) (Thor: The Dark World 2013 OST)
Asgard Valhalla Base B -  Patrick Doyle - A New King / To Jotunheim (Thor 2011 OST)
Asgard Valhalla 1 - Brian Tyle - Origins / Dark Elves War / The Aether (Thor: The Dark World 2013 OST)
Asgard Valhalla 2 - Brian Tyle - Aether Disturbance / Welcome to Asgard
Asgard Valhalla 3 - Brian Tyle - Beginning of the End (Thor: The Dark World 2013 OST)
Asgard Valhalla 4 - Patrick Doyle - Frost Giant Battle (Thor 2011 OST)
Asgard Valhalla 5 - Patrick Doyle - Brothers Fight (Thor 2011 OST)
Asgard Valhalla 6 - Patrick Doyle - Prologue (Thor 2011 OST)
Asgard Valhalla 7 - Patrick Doyle - Thor Kills the Destroyer - All 4 Versions (Thor 2011 OST)
Niffleheim 1 - Patrick Doyle - Frost Giant Battle (Thor 2011 OST)
Niffleheim 2 - Brian Tyle - Origins / Dark Elves War / The Aether (Thor: The Dark World 2013 OST)
Niffleheim 3 (Ymir Battle) - Joseph William Morgan - One Million
Niffleheim 4 (Ultron & Mordo Battle) - Hi-Finesse - Dystopia Suite (The WTM Edit)
Niffleheim 5 (Loki Battle) - Natalie Holt & Samuel Kim - Ride of The Valkyries

Act 4

Inhuman Moon Base A - Sean Callery - The Inhumans Main Theme (Inhumans 2018 OST)
Inhuman Moon Base B - Sean Callery - End Title Ep01 (Unreleased Inhumans 2018 OST)
The Shiar 1 - Charles Evans - Alliance - Pillars of Creation
The Shiar 2 - David Edwards - Twelve Titans Music - Celestial Motion
The Shiar 3 - Massimiliano Foti - Colossal Trailer Music - Sacrifice
The Shiar 4 - Mark Petrie - Colliding Worlds
The Shiar 5 (Deathbird Battle & Ship Detonation) - Hans Zimmer - Mountains / Tick Tock / No Time for Caution (Interstellar 2014 OST Suite)
Astral Plane -  David Eman & Zoltan David Beladi - Everlasting Sky
Skrull Throneworld 1 - Sami J. Laine feat Jessie Yun - Atom Music Audio - Justice
Skrull Throneworld 2 & 4 (Skrull Empress - Superskrull) - Jannick Miki Damkvist - Atom Music Audio - Just a Legend
Skrull Throneworld 3 (Titannus Battle)- Complexities of Sound - One Must Fall
Skrull Throneworld 3 & 5 (Galactus Attack) - Superflare - Complexities of Sound

Act 5

Doomstark Tower - Greg Dombrowski - Elephant Music - Dragonis
Timewarp 1 (Apocalypse Battle) - Jonathan Mayer - Epic Music VN - Wrath of Gods
Timewarp 2 (Asteroid M Magneto battle) - John Sponsler - Brand X Music - Auryn
Latveria 1 & 2 - Mervin Mathew - InfraSound - The Resistance
Doom Castle 1 & 4 (Valeria Battle) - Sami J. Laine - The Rise
Doom Castle 2 - David Eman & Zoltan David Beladi - Cezame Trailers - Abyss of Eternity
Doom Castle 3 - Anne-Sophie Versnaeyen, Gabriel Saban & Philippe Briand - Cézame Trailers - The Path of Silence
Doom Castle 4 - David Eman & Zoltan David Beladi - Cézame Trailers - Aeon
Doom Castle 5 (Doom Battle) - David Eman · Zoltan David Beladi - Cézame Trailers - Fade Into Light

Get it: here(It's a pretty big file(2.65GB)

More info and instructions on how to install are included in the readme files in the zip folders.

Please report any bugs you may experience. I did as much testing as I could, but I am only one person. So I may have missed something. Also, please be certain to backup your game files!

And if music is too loud, lower your music volume in the menu options!

------

Storm Booster for SHIN-Felipe's Supreme Storm Booster: https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,6410.0.html

Get it: here

This Mod includes

- New animated Storm Manniquin (X-men Red Storm Model by Enchlore)
- New Power effects (Shield was changed and aerokinesis' energy cost was dramatically reduced)
- New sound SFX
- New Voice lines and dialog(coutesy of Marvel's Midnight Suns)
- New Combat animations

To install: First install SHIN-Felipe's Supreme Storm Booster mod and then install mine by dropping all folders into the main Activision MUA game directory.

Credit to
SHIN-Felipe(of course!)
Enclore(for X-men Red Storm Skin): Can be found here: https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10883.0.html

Skin Modding Guides/Tutorials/Reference/Tools
OUTSIDER
BACONWIZARD17
Andersonbrazil
ak2yny
ULTRAMEGAMAGNUS
AVENTUREIROMAX

------

Various Custom Skins

These skin were ripped and converted from various games by myself

Get Them: here:

Credit for Tools/Guides/References
Andersonbrazil
ak2yny
OUTSIDER
ULTRAMEGAMAGNUS
BACONWIZARD17
AVENTUREIROMAX

Skins Include

- Chloe Price from (Life is Strange)

- Dumbledore from (Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince Video Game)

- Faith Conners from (Mirror's Edge)

- Hagrid from (Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince Video Game)

- Minerva Mcgonagal from (Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1 Video Game)

- Severus Snape from (Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1 Video Game)

- Victoria Chase from (Life is Strange)

Absolutely stunning.
I love the original music in MUA, because it has a main melody that repeats itself in various forms. But the main theme and a few others I don't like. The main menu theme is especially annoying because you hear it all the time.
I'm sure this will be a great mod, since you're a fan of epic music.

I like that main menu video as well. I assume you made it?

Quote from: ak2yny on June 19, 2023, 10:15PM
Absolutely stunning.
I love the original music in MUA, because it has a main melody that repeats itself in various forms. But the main theme and a few others I don't like. The main menu theme is especially annoying because you hear it all the time.
I'm sure this will be a great mod, since you're a fan of epic music.

I like that main menu video as well. I assume you made it?

It's so nice to finally be conversing with the legend! I've read so many of your guides and post and really appreciate all of the invaluable work you've put into here over the years.

Thank you so much for the feedback and support!

I share the same issues with the music in MUA. It has its good points, no doubt, but I've definitely felt that it's somewhat lacking in certain places. Especially with the main menu theme like you mentioned.

Yes, I edited the music video myself using various video game cinematics to give a little more spotlight to the broad range of heroes that were in the game and have been added since by modders. It is a tribute to Marvel video games, Marvel Mods, and Suzero90's legendary Epic Music Mix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hE91P5khqE

The project is close to completion. I've already added every song into the games and am working on bugs to be sure everything is functioning to the best of my abilities. For now, it features over 80+ songs, and Outsider even gave me his blessing to use his stages from his EXG!