Legacy of Kain Defiance, a mere few hours after Kain's younger self refused to sacrifice himself at the Pillars as its balance guardian for Nosgoth, Kain having just acquired the full power of the Soul Reaver through Raziel's sacrifice and temporarily halted the malicious intent of the mysterious 'Elder God'.
Now at last, the masks had fallen away. The strings of the puppets had become visible, and the hands of the prime mover exposed.
Most ironic of all, was the last gift that Raziel had given me: More powerful than the sword that now held his soul, more acute even than the vision his sacrifice had accorded me.
The first, bitter taste of that terrible illusion - hope.
Aware that there was nothing more to gleam from this era, I changed into a swarm of bats and flew back to the Sarafan Stronghold, the hidden time-streaming chamber of the recently deceased Moebius being my primary goal.
Naturally, the news of their master's death at the hands of a vampire did not go well with the surviving Sarafan forces, as they quickly fortified the stronghold in preparation for another vampire invasion.
It would have worked with any other vampire in Nosgoth, but I am no ordinary vampire. I am Kain, the Scion of Balance and there's nothing any mere mortal can do to stop me.
Dealing with this minor annoyance accordingly, I succeeded in gaining access back into the time-streaming chamber and manually set the dial for the era of my empire, pulling the switch as I immediately knew no more.
As I emerged from the time-streaming chamber, I immediately knew I hadn't returned to the post-apocalyptic wasteland of which I had come to associate with my strongarmed rule (this world baring no similarity to any era of Nosgoth I had witnessed in the countless Chronoplast visions over the many centuries).
Large towers rose into the distinctly pitch black sky, strange containers and lights surrounding every corner of the towers and there were humans running away in sheer terror from a threat I knew to not be myself.
Drawing the Soul Reaver from my back, I armed myself for any threat foolish enough to cross my path. What I discovered to be the source of mortal mass hysteria however, was not at all what I expected.
It was a vampire who looked much like how I did in my youth, but I sensed that this one was far different from any one particular vampire I had encountered previously across Nosgoth's history.
Even then, I knew he was not to be trusted.
'Who are you?' the white-skinned vampire responded. 'I've never seen you among my children before.'
'Children?' I retorted. 'You dare to compare me to an infant? I am my own being, you foul creature. You're a sloppy butcher and any vampire worth his power, knows not to jeopardize his presence by attacking mortals with such bloodletting.'
'You dare insult Dracula, king of all vampires!' Dracula responded. 'For that, I will have you bend to my will. Now, obey me!'
When this 'Dracula' attempted to infiltrate my mind and gain control over me, I merely laughed off his feeble attempt, having been reminded of a similar trick by my former lieutenant Marcus in another life.
'What?!' Dracula replied in shock. 'But how? No being has been able to resist the will of Dracula so easily.'
'What manner of creatures have you been utilizing your proclaimed gifts on?' I taunted nostalgically. 'Weak mortal fools with their minds full of commerce and dung? My mind is far too strong for your powers.'
'Very well then,' Dracula commented in frustration. 'If I cannot have you, then you must be slain right here. I cannot have anyone serve as a competitor to my rule.'
'Funny.' I stated as I positioned the Soul Reaver in a defensive combat stance. 'I could have promised you a place at my side in my own empire, but it would be a lie.'
'Attack him, my children!' Dracula called out to his allies. 'Tear him to pieces so that nothing of him survives.'
And as the brainwashed fledgelings swarmed towards my general direction, I raised the Soul Reaver offensively, defiantly shouting as I charged forward into battle. 'Vae Victis!'
-4 powers, 5 boosts and an Xtreme
-Abilities of might, healing factor, leadership, 100% chance of resurrection, immunity to mind control and psychic damage
-1 hex-edited skin, HUD, loading screen, icons and voice/sound file using archived audio of Simon Templeman's voice from the Legacy of Kain games.
-Uses assigned number #55 (will clash with Gladiator and Silk in mannequin).
DISCLAIMER: This mod uses one minute worth of music from the Legacy of Kain games. I take no credit for the use of it.
-Three more skins based off his designs in Blood Omen 1, Blood Omen 2 and the cancelled game, Legacy of Kain: The Dark Prophecy.
1. Energy Bolt: Utilizing a power he hasn't required since Blood Omen 1, Kain fires a powerful energy bolt from his hands, dealing energy damage to struck foes.
2. Cadaverous Slice: Kain pulls out the Soul Reaver sword, performing a lethal spin attack as he causes damage to all enemies within a specific distance. Charge attack for max damage!
3. Telekinetic Versatility: Kain uses his vast telekinetic power to lift an enemy with relative ease, flinging them away with disinterest as physical damage is dealt.
4. Dimensional Laceration: Kain activates the Dimensional Emblem on the Soul Reaver sword's hilt, using its incredible power to teleport between foes, slashing at them as physical damage is dealt.
5. (Boost) Slowed Reactions: Kain activates the Time Emblem on the Soul Reaver sword's hilt, slowing down time while he continues to move at normal speed for a time.
6. (Boost) Mist Form: Utilizing his trademark vampiric ability, Kain seemingly disappears as his body changes into innocent-looking mist. Boosts critical hit damage chances by 33%.
7. (Boost) Wolf Form: Utilizing a power he has not required since Blood Omen 1, Kain transforms into a wolf for a time (gaining access to increased strength and new attacks for a time while his battle theme from Blood Omen 2 plays).
8. (Special) Inspire Hate: Utilizing a power he hasn't needed since Blood Omen 1, Kain casts a spell which turns nearby enemies into allies for a time, until the spell's influence wears off.
9. (Boost) Repel: Utilizing a power he has not required since Blood Omen 1, Kain casts a spell which generates an energy barrier around him (deflecting projectiles whilst becoming completely invulnerable to physical damage for a time).
10. (Xtreme) Vae Victis: Utilizing one of his most powerful spells, Kain casts a spell which generates multiple bolts of lightning, dealing electric damage to all targeted foes.
Ceamonks890- Mod creation & coding, HUD, icons etc
Outsider- Werewolf by Night model for Wolf Form, assistance with fixing bugs
Raven Software- Blade Jumpsmash coding from Marvel Legends Prototype
UltraMegaMagnus- Elder Kain model, mannequin, Soul Reaver sword boltons
Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/tzrwpy5rcictnmo/Kain_%2528Legacy_of_Kain%2529-_Ceamonks890.7z/file