best of all time

Started by jedi2448, October 06, 2007, 12:56PM

Previous topic - Next topic
wat is the best games of all time starting with each letter of the alphapet

Command & Conquer: Red Alert.

Quote from: BliZZ on October 06, 2007, 05:29PM
Command & Conquer: Red Alert.

We're talking Red Alert 2 here right? (with Yuri's Revenge)

either way, the original Red Alert was a step in the right direction compared to the original c&c, imo

Hm, I would've thought the c-spot would go for either a Civilization or a Contra, or Chrono Trigger.

Either Diablo I or II for D.

Quote from: Gevth on October 06, 2007, 06:46PM
Hm, I would've thought the c-spot would go for either a Civilization or a Contra, or Chrono Trigger.

Then you have never played Red Alert :laugh:

@ Norrin: of course 2 is included :)

E is for Eragon

Seriously, Escape from Monkey Island :) I <3 that game. And I know some people would say Everquest, or one of the many ESPN/EA Sports games.

For F, I know some people (or almost everyone) would disagree, but I really like Final Fantasy VIII and Fable.  They were both extremely fun as hell, and I keep going back to replay them time and time again.  I really liked the story for both, and although I'm not a fan of "I'll hit you first, then you can hit me back while I wait to attack again, ok?" gameplay, FF8 was still stupidy addicting.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

October 06, 2007, 07:17PM #10 Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 07:23PM by Norrin Radd
ghost recon series for G

honorable mention: GTA Vice City (or series)

Ace Combat 5
Baldur's Gate
Command and Conquer Generals & Zero hour
Devil May Cry 3 tied with Disgaea
Escape from Monkey Island 3 tied with Evil Genius
Final Fantasy Tactics (tied with 6/3 and 7)
Godhands
Half Life (screw Halo, Gordon Freeman > Masterchief :D)
Indiana Jone's and the Fate of Atlantis
Jet Set Radio
King of Fighters 2000
La Pucelle
Metal Gear
Neverwinter Nights 2 (some letters, i tell ya...)
Ookami
Puzzle Fighter Mini-mix
Quake 4 (barely any games with Q...)
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Shadow of the Colossus tied with Soul Nomad
Team Fortress 2 (the beta already made it da best) tied with "The Dig"
Unreal Tournament 2004
Vagrant Story
World of Warcraft tied with Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War (and expansions)
Xenogears
Yakuza
Zombies Ate my Neighbors (what a horrible letter... barely could think of any games)

Phew... i think i got all of em nailed... (anyways, those are the best imho) o.o

M for Marvel Ultimate Alliance!

C'mon, where's the love!?!?

Eh, Marvel Ultimate Alliance IS a good game, but it simply isn't the best, specially of all time with the letter M (again, imho). When i first saw the trailers i expected, you know, a lot more characters >.> Besides, XML2 was better in some points  (again, can't stress enough, thats my 2cents) like diversity of powers and power lvls, and had a more "diverse" hoster (XML2 i used to play basically brotherhood of evil chars like Juggs Magneto and Wanda, touching a few of the xmen really, like Storm and Bishop) MUA is just a lot more eye candy and a lot less content... Good game, but simply not the best... :|

Things i dislike in MUA
- Few characters (that's why we try our darndest to fix that, eh?)
- Few character diversity (shooter, tank, hybrid, support... in 3 games (xmenl 1&2 and MUA) they made no speedsters? or different powers like Madrox, Mystique/ Morpho, Cannonball, Shadowcat? characters that play differently would be good for a change...)
- Few powers in comparison to XML2 (can't shake this feeling off)
- Dumbed down equipment system (i like the Diablo esque feeling of XML2, hunting for items, gambling with Beast/ Forge for better gear... One item slot is so... meh.)

Well, we can always look up for the next game, till then, mod away and let's make this good game closer to being the best. :]