IMPORTED XML AIR COMBOS/JUMP ATTACKS FOR MUA1. FINALLY!!

Started by uValley, November 08, 2020, 10:43PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Bored to always use the same moves on the air for all your characters? Add the old school Xmen Legends air combos/jump attacks to your list! :blackshake:

HOW ITS DONE: ON THE BOTTON OF THIS POST  :toad:

HOW TO INSTALL
Just copy the folders into your installation directory and you are good to go. It applies for all your characters no matter where they came from.

Id like to share that this isn't a invasive mod. HEROSTAT ISN'T MODIFIED! Just changes 5 files in the game and it only adds 3 more Fighmoves.

HOW DOES IT WORK
On your first jump you have the 3 hit normal combo from XML. Attack = right punch, left punch consecutively  and Smash = Slam Attack. Exactly as they work on XML.
In the second jump you have the same jumpsmash attack with both attack and smash button.
You can double jump out of air punches to finish your combo with a jump smash.
Flying characters will do only their default flying combo, but this time you activate directly with attack button. Exactly as they work on XML

NOTES:

• Tested on all original characters and some mods
  • NO HEROSTAT MODIFICATION
  • Tested on vanilla installation and Official characters 2.0
BUGS:
Can't find any until now, help me testing to find out.
Don't know if it will cause bugs on 36 or 50 roster pack.

GIF:

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/95eqpzwvh77ulnj/uValley_MUA_JUMP_ATTACK.zip/file

HOW ITS DONE
I was looking for this for months and finally get it.

The common.igb file animation from the original MUA1 didn't have any attacks at all. So i replace the common.igb file from PC: XML2. And it has a lot of stuff that now with this mod is available:

ANIMATIONS FROM XML2 COMMON.IGB FILE IMPORTED TO MUA1:

• JUMP RIGHT PUNCH
  • JUMP LEFT PUNCH
  • XML FIRST FLYING ATTACK(THAT ONE THAT ITS A ROTATING PUNCH)
  • JUMP SLAM
  • XML FLYING SMASH (dive punch to the ground for flying characters)
  • BACKFLIP ANIMATION FROM XML1 (THAT ONE THAT ACTIVATES AFTER HITTING SOMETHING WITH A KICK WITH FEMALE CHAR)
There might be more animations on the file, so there will be updates.

Modder Begginer, you can ask me, ill answer.

Agreed. Could I have your permission to port this to Xbox? That is if I ever come back to the OG Xbox mod or work on a X360 mod?

November 09, 2020, 12:51PM #3 Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 01:26PM by uValley
Quote from: Teancum on November 09, 2020, 12:25PM
Agreed. Could I have your permission to port this to Xbox? That is if I ever come back to the OG Xbox mod or work on a X360 mod?
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MAKE ANY CHANGES OR PORTS YOU WANT! Thats why its here.  :abyss:

I will edit this post to tell how it's done. So you guys can make any changes without wasting time figuring out.

:jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

This modification is one of the ones I most expected to arrive.
I use the 50RH. I'll give you some feedback on my tests here.
1 - I am facing some animation problems with Nemesis. In menulocation it appears in the "T" position. During the fight, after finishing some sequences on the ground he paralyzes in different positions of animations.
2 - The aerial combo does not work for the dormammu.
  I'll do more tests.

November 09, 2020, 01:23PM #5 Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 01:30PM by uValley
Quote from: andersonbrazil on November 09, 2020, 12:58PM
:jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

This modification is one of the ones I most expected to arrive.
I use the 50RH. I'll give you some feedback on my tests here.
1 - I am facing some animation problems with Nemesis. In menulocation it appears in the "T" position. During the fight, after finishing some sequences on the ground he paralyzes in different positions of animations.
2 - The aerial combo does not work for the dormammu.
  I'll do more tests.
Thanks!!
There might be some mod characters that already have something different coded on their first jump, that characters could cause bugs or not recognize the air punches code.

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on November 09, 2020, 11:16AM
This is a much needed addition!
Thanks!! hope it can give some fresh feeling to play this game again!

Now this is just awesome! We're that little bit closer to bringing MUA1 more in-line with the X-Men Legends games. Great work and welcome to the community :)

A real game-changer, indeed. I may need to adjust some of my mods so that they will work alongside this, as this is too good not to use. Well done!

Thanks for this mod! It just added some more spice in the game. I'm not sure if I'm writing in the correct post but I just want to report that this doesn't work on some characters in the OCP 2.0. The characters I've tested so far that air combos don't work are Ironman, Iceman, Deadpool, Nightcrawler and Magma. I'm currently using the 50RH and haven't tested on Professor X and Toad because I swapped them out. I'm not a modder though so Idk what could be causing it to not work on the characters I mentioned.

All those heroes have their own unique doublejump, which make them incompatible. To fix this, this mod would have to change their powerstyles. LarsAlexandersson found an elegant solution: Converting the doublejumps into triplejumps, therefore all characters have the standard doublejump (with jump attacks). If I remember correctly, his mod has a different version of the shared nodes (or the file that is included here as well). So you might have to copy his code into this mod to include the triplejumps.

March 28, 2023, 07:25PM #12 Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 07:49PM by planetjash
Hi, I found this mod because Panakas mcu ant-man mod requires it so i installed it and the mod. I realized after a while that a bunch of characters couldn't block. As in i push the button to block and nothing happens, keyboard or controller. It was a random mixture of characters on my roster tho, some could still block, some couldn't. I think characters modded into the game could block. Some default characters could but most couldn't. I found that the problem goes away when I disable this jumping mod but have no idea what the conflict is and would appreciate some help?

EDIT: i went back in for more info. Its a mixture of default and OCP characters that can't block and some can. Any characters modded in or have a booster on top of them can block.

Im using MO2. I know it makes it easy to find conflicting files in its interface but i have no idea how to interpret what that part of MO2 is saying.

I don't remember the exact fix, but this has something to do with the latest OCP. The OCP changed how blocking works to make it less coding-intensive, but anything that's not properly set up won't work correctly. Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly what you have to do to get it to work again. If you come by our Discord server, you can ask about this blocking issue, and you should be able to get an answer.

I had the same problem with the air combos & jump attacks mod. After the installation of it, some characters won't block (nor roll-dodge) anymore. I fixed it by adding the block talent code again to the stats of the specific character who doesn't block. You have to edit the 'herostat.engb' file from the 'data' folder and then add the next lines of code, only to the character affected with the issue:

talent {
level = 1 ;
name = block ;
}

"Why do we fall sir? ... So that we can learn to pick ourselves up."