Corvetterules - Heroes and Villains of Teyvat (Genshin Impact Mod Catalog)

Started by corvetterules, March 15, 2021, 05:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic
EDIT: Welcome to my catalog of MUA mods of characters from Genshin Impact. Thank you for expressing interest! As with my SoulWorker mod catalog, any mods of GI characters will get posted here. Stay tuned.

Speaking of which, if you like the mods here and you're interested, check out the content I pump out on my SoulWorker mod catalog, at this link: https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10930.0.html. At the moment, SoulWorker mods actually take priority, so if you're a big fan of Genshin, I am sorry to disappoint you on that front.

Please note that, at this time, I do not accept character, booster or skin requests. Thank you for your understanding.

WARNING: This mod clashes with Fox456's Moondragon mod. If you have that installed, then before you install this mod, please backup ui/models/mannequin/2501.igb and textures/loading/2501.igb, 2502.igb and 2503.igb. Also remove her from your roster. Failing or neglecting to do these things WILL result in issues.
Hu Tao: https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11036.msg200946.html#msg200946

WARNING: Kamisato Ayaka clashes with the following mods: Hulkling by Quentin Hex and Drax the Destroyer by Sbarth13. Before you install this mod, please backup textures/loading/4301.igb and ui/models/mannequin/4301.igb and remove the aforementioned mods, Drax and Hulkling, from your roster if you have them in. Failing or neglecting to do this will cause issues.
Kamisato Ayaka: https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11036.msg201904.html#msg201904

WARNING: This mod clashes with Erik Lehnsherr's Darkseid mod, as well as the Beast mods made by Cohollow and BliZZ. Before installing, make sure these mods are not in your roster, and backup ui/models/mannequin/19001.igb, as well as textures/loading/19001, 19002 and 19003.igb. Neglecting or failing to do so will result in issues.
Raiden Shogun: https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11036.msg202878.html#msg202878

<more to come>
All units, we have a high priority situation in data/powerstyles.

It's time for the awaited arrival of my first Genshin Impact mod for MUA: Hu Tao, the 77th Director of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor!

BIOGRAPHY

Though at first glance, one can only see an eccentric girl with a knack for mischief, that does not even begin to describe the truth of Hu Tao's existence. Proudly shouldering the thousand-years old legacy of her bloodline, historically known for its role in ridding Teyvat of rampant disease through the act of cremation, she oversees all operations of Liyue's Wangsheng funeral parlor, famous for its more than respectful and by-the-book ceremonies to send the dead off to the afterlife.

While the start of her career was the moment she began living at the parlor as a young child, her true initiation was when she was requested by her late grandfather, the 75th director, to conduct his funeral. And so she did, though not without things unsaid, thus leading her on a secret journey to a place unknown by the public, where she knew spirits who still have attachments to the world of the living linger, to see him one more time.

Days and nights Hu Tao spent in that place, with unshakeable determination to find her grandfather's spirit, against all forms of mortal emergencies such as hunger, until she realized that one such as him would not die with regrets. "Live in life, die in death. Follow your heart, do what you can.", he always said. With a relieved smile, she departed for home, only to find that she had been gifted a Vision upon returning, a gift of the gods proving their acknowledgement of humans, granting her the power to manipulate the elemental might of Pyro.

This mod includes:

-one skin: Classic
-a mechanic which causes a boost to empower her Xtreme and her second power
-a mechanic which causes her first boost to be the first power unlocked
-three loading screens

WARNING: This mod clashes with Fox456's Moondragon mod. Before you install this mod, please backup ui/models/mannequin/2501.igb, as well as textures/loading/2501.igb, 2502.igb and 2503.igb. Also, if Moondragon's in your roster, remove her before adding Hu Tao in. Failing or neglecting to do so WILL result in issues.

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/7nc4tp8ntbwk6fi/Hu_Tao_V1.1.rar/file
Mod showcase video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ITTDlSL1lI&ab_channel=corvetterules

Credits can be found inside the README.txt file, as well as known issues.

Happy gaming, people. I find this mod super fun (totally not biased as its creator), and I hope you do too. Until next time, have a good one. Corvette, taking off.

The mod showcase video for my new Hu Tao mod is now up. Go check her out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ITTDlSL1lI&ab_channel=corvetterules

These videos now come with raw gameplay footage, which might be a lot more convenient for those who just want to see the mod in action and don't really care to sit through long and meticulous explanations on each and every skill in the kit. Time stamps are also provided in the description for every part that's showcased.

Long has it been since this catalog has seen its first mod of Hu Tao. It's time to freshen it up with a new addition. Everyone, welcome my second Genshin Impact mod, Kamisato Ayaka, to the Marvel universe!

BIOGRAPHY:

Hailing from Inazuma, a nation known as "The Land of Eternity" from an alternate universe called Teyvat, Ayaka is the daughter of the noble Kamisato clan. Yet despite being an individual of high social status, she is no less popular with the common-folk for it. Tasked with negotiations and the upkeep of her clan's reputation, through means such as organizing cultural events and handling commissions posted by the people, she is adored and respected by all, to such a point where she has garnered titles like "Princess" and "Shirasagi Himegimi".

Elegant and well mannered in demeanor, supremely skilled in fine arts of poetry as well as combat and equipped with beauty, inner and outer alike, Kamisato Ayaka very much fits the average person's description of a perfect girl without flaws. In spite of this, though fully dedicated to her cause, nothing brings her more happiness than the tiny fragments of normalcy to be found in regular activities, such as casual strolls and conversations or reading light novels.

Nor were her beginnings superlative. In order to shape herself into a figure worthy of shouldering the Kamisato clan's responsibilities, as well as alleviating her older brother's burdens, Ayaka had to persistently endure difficult training, with pen in hand in the library and sword unsheathed at the training grounds. Heavier than the resulting physical and mental exhaustion were the doubt and self-loathing each mistake would bring her. But even such thoughts could not become the end of her determination, not when memories of her late mother filled her mind. The most prominent of them all was a mere sentence,

"None may deflect a swing that has been practiced a thousand times.".

The day came when staying true to these words had yielded not only the skillset of one of Inazuman society's most important individuals, but also a Vision, the gift of gods impressed with the willpower of remarkable humans. Thanks to it, Ayaka is capable of manipulating Cryo energy, unlocking power which ranges from projecting energy blasts and empowering her blade to even reducing the temperature of near atmosphere and dispersing into frozen fog. With such blessings, she could further her ambition to help her people and look after her brother. But hers is a home where such a blessing doubles as a curse.

Plagued in recent times by a law which results in the parting of men and women such as her with their Vision, resulting in permanent amnesia and loss of purpose, known as the Vision Hunt Decree, the nation was plunged into a time of fear among the masses, as well as casualties of civil war between the authorities and a resistance led by the priestess of Watatsumi Island, called Sangonomiya Kokomi. Striving to one day end this decree without endangering the standing of her own clan, Ayaka has expended every effort imaginable to denounce and diplomatically petition it out, only to be met with utter failure each time.

Despite the meager hope that remains to be clung to, she refuses to waver and looks forward to Inazuma one day returning to its prior state, free of such undue oppression and loss of life.

Mod showcase + gameplay video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3ZEtNRz1w4&ab_channel=corvetterules

WARNING: Kamisato Ayaka clashes with the following mods: Hulkling by Quentin Hex and Drax the Destroyer by Sbarth13. Before you install this mod, please backup textures/loading/4301.igb and ui/models/mannequin/4301.igb and remove the aforementioned mods, Drax and Hulkling, from your roster if you have them in. Failing or neglecting to do this will cause issues.

Credits and known issues can be found in the README.txt file of the mod folder.

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ke7ji6wbtym4ezb/Kamisato_Ayaka_V1.2.rar/file

Hope you guys enjoy this mod. If you do, I hope you'll stick around for future releases! Until next time, have a good one. Corvette, taking off.

Made some updates for Hu Tao and Kamisato Ayaka.

Hu Tao

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7nc4tp8ntbwk6fi/Hu_Tao_V1.1.rar/file

-the mod now includes a unique texture for her fourth power, Like You Saw a Ghost
-included a fire texture which I previously forgot to include in the mod files, resulting in a visual issue consisting of a green trail when performing certain attacks

Kamisato Ayaka

https://www.mediafire.com/file/okj8brh4f9ke92f/Kamisato_Ayaka_V1.1.rar/file

-the third strike of her first power, Stride of the Heron Princess, can now critically strike against enemies affected by bleeding or slows
-her charged attack can now lock on enemies and doesn't rotate as quickly
-increased the attack speed of her third power, Kamisato Art: Senho
-changed her ground attack so that it does not animate more quickly with attack speed buffs or less quickly with slowing debuffs
-updated the README file to include credits for the person who ripped and uploaded the model I downloaded, as well as the model for the weapon bolton

Until next time, have a good one. Corvette, taking off.

Joining Ayaka and Hu Tao as the third entry in my growing list of Genshin Impact mods, Raiden Shogun lends her divine might to stop the Masters of Evil!

BIOGRAPHY

Barred from the rest of Teyvat by endless, treacherous seas, there exists the island nation named Inazuma, also called the land of Electro. Throughout history, it would make itself known all over the world for its people's swordsmanship and blacksmithing, a prosperity whose achievement is owed entirely to the guidance of two age-old sisters: Raiden Makoto and Raiden Ei.

Long ago, they survived a terrible war waged between all-powerful creatures wielding the seven elements, bent on the conquest of the limited land Teyvat had to offer. Together, they stood atop a mountain of corpses as champions alongside six others. At the end of this conflict, the heavens named the victors Archons. Surrendering the official title to her sister Makoto, Ei continued to serve as her lethal right hand, fighting wars under her command with unmatched skill.

Unbeknowst to their followers, the role of the Electro Archon, leader of Inazuma, would be fulfilled by not one, but two individuals with identical appearances - one responsible for governmental affairs, the other for national defense. Taking on the latter task, Raiden Ei spent every free breathing moment training and finessing her combat ability, free from the troubles of learning about and communing with the human race, until she eventually reached a point of innovating and spearheading her country's martial arts. Undefeated on the battlefield for all her long years, she scored victory after crushing victory in the name of Inazuma against those who threatened it.

But for all her strength and dedication, even she could not resist the desolation of war. Gradually, her close confidants would disappear one by one, whether as victims of war or as traitors consumed by insanity, her loneliness growing each time. Even one whose life is spent in a training dojo needs the social sustenance of friendship.

Eventually, Ei was forced to endure the greatest of losses. 500 years ago, Makoto's life was taken as a casualty of the destruction of another once prosperous civilization, caused by the very heavens that once titled them champions of Teyvat. Her shock became unbearable heartbreak, which then transitioned into a maddened state of mind. Vowing to never again allow anything to be lost in Inazuma, she took on the mantle of the sole Electro Archon and not only closed the borders of her nation, but also enacted a terrible decree which would rob her people of their Visions, symbols of their dangerous ambition recognized by the gods - the Vision Hunt Decree. In the process, her land would become known as the nation of Eternity, true to Raiden Ei's newfound mission in life.

Her first step towards the completion of this goal was to find a way to render herself deathless. To that end, she found a way to create puppets that are almost indistinguishable from the original lifeforms they mimicked, save for far greater durability and longevity. Following prototype after failed prototype, Ei's success culminated with a puppet made in her own image, whose will largely resembled her own - the Raiden Shogun.

Seeing the Shogun as a fit replacement, she abandoned her mortal body and transferred her own consciousness into the Musou no Hitotachi, a replica sword that once belonged to her sister, now repurposed into a container for a pocket dimension where time does not flow, as well as an unstoppable weapon to be wielded by her puppet.

Over time, the enactment of the Vision Hunt Decree would make its negative effects on the population of Inazuma painfully evident. The people lived in fear, permanently hounded and monitored by the authorities for the purpose of its enforcement. To make matters worse, those who fervently opposed Ei's new rule formed a resistance seeking to force the decree's disappearance by any means necessary, causing a civil war which has led to numerous deaths.

While Raiden Ei's consciousness lingered in the pocket dimension inside of the Musou no Hitotachi, safe from the passage of time and its erosion, the Shogun puppet led the country in her stead, following a strict set of orders in an emotionless, robotic manner. Perceiving these plights as irrelevant to the pursuit of Eternity, she turned a blind eye to them, which further exacerbated their effects of unrest on Inazuma.

One day, a fateful encounter with a traveler from a faraway land induced a change of heart, following a battle which resulted in Ei's defeat. Having witnessed the power of her people's ambitions and their resistance to her actions of taking them away during the confrontation, she arrived at the conclusion that her interpretation of Eternity was wrong, eventually abolishing the Vision Hunt Decree and once again opening the borders of her nation.

Moving into the future with the intention of defending Inazuma's people, as well as getting better acquainted with humanity, Ei resumes her duty diligently and selflessly to this very day.

Mod showcase + gameplay video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfSf_LoRBQk&ab_channel=corvetterules

WARNING: This mod clashes with Erik Lehnsherr's Darkseid mod, as well as the Beast mods made by Cohollow and BliZZ. Before installing, make sure these mods are not in your roster, and backup ui/models/mannequin/19001.igb, as well as textures/loading/19001, 19002 and 19003.igb. Neglecting or failing to do so will result in issues.

NOTE: Because of the ambitious nature of this particular project, I decided to feature two versions of the Raiden Shogun mod: one which was trimmed down in order to better comply with game limits, and the original complete version. The specific limitation issues to watch out for are effects not appearing in-game. The latter is far more likely to have this result than the former, and the solution is to play with less characters on your team or to play with characters that have less .xmlb effects files in their respective folders. My testing reveals that the trimmed down version should be relatively friendly in regards to 4-man teams. If you don't particularly care about this compromise, feel free to play with the original, heavier version, I don't think it's likely for it to cause game crashes or anything of the sort.

The data/powerstyles folder has a "trimmed" and "heavy" folder. For the original version, use the powerstyle file in the "heavy" folder. For the trimmed version that's more game limit friendly, use the one in the "trimmed" folder.
There is also a categorization of the sort for her effects. If you want to play with her trimmed version, take ONLY the effects from effects/char/raiden_shogun/trimmed. Otherwise, take them from effects/.../heavy. If you wish to switch from the heavy effects to the trimmed effects, the safest procedure that I recommend is deleting the effects your Raiden has in the game files, then simply copy pasting the effects from the trimmed folder in.

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/cu8htz1zsba72w0/Raiden_Shogun_V1.0.5.rar/file

Credits and known issues can be found in the README.txt file.

If you've been in the Discord server for a while, you probably know that I've been teasing two upcoming masterpiece mods for a while. This would be one of them. Though in the end, I can't say for sure that this is one of my best works, I can definitely say I've never worked quite this hard on a mod before. I am very proud of what I was ultimately able to accomplish.

Before making Raiden's gameplay and mod showcase video, I would like to make an update to my Kamisato Ayaka mod, as well as her own, LONG overdue gameplay + mod showcase video.

Thank you for downloading this mod, and I hope you enjoy it. Corvette, taking off.

Got a very small update for Raiden Shogun. Her trimmed down effects got further trimmed down in an attempt to further prevent effects related issues from happening. Get it here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/cu8htz1zsba72w0/Raiden_Shogun_V1.0.5.rar/file

I also have a decent update for Kamisato Ayaka, however. I decreased her attack speed gains a little bit from her basic attacks because they felt very abrupt during gameplay. I also improved how her mist effects look and fixed the popup hiteffect. Get it here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ke7ji6wbtym4ezb/Kamisato_Ayaka_V1.2.rar/file

Kamisato Ayaka's mod showcase + gameplay video is here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3ZEtNRz1w4&ab_channel=corvetterules

The mod showcase + gameplay for my latest Genshin Impact MUA mod, Raiden Shogun, is now out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfSf_LoRBQk&ab_channel=corvetterules