Animation mixed files for old character mod releases

Started by Ceamonks890, May 01, 2021, 03:59AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 01, 2021, 03:59AM Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 05:56PM by Ceamonks890
Hey all. This is a major overhaul project that I've been planning on doing for a while now and can finally share my completed results publicly.

These mods used a now very outdated 'fightstyle' animation set approach originally that required two separate animation files for most gameplay animations (a 4_combat file and a fightstyle animation file).

This was found to be much more demanding on Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the worst in the long run, leading often to severe gameplay glitches or increased instability as a result of technical limits being breached, leading often to game crashes with specific loadouts that required a restart of one's computer or outright avoidance of certain teams altogether at worst.

Since the recent creation of a newer animation mixing approach by many members of the MarvelMods community that required only one animation file for combat and power animations, more and more newer character mod releases have moved away from the old method (as its been discovered that the game is much more stable and less glitchy when playing full teams of four with characters created or converted over to the newer animation method).

Over time, I learned to familiarise myself with this new animation mixing approach for my own works and realized the limitless creative possibilities opened up via this method as well, one's imagination no longer being held back by frustrating technical constraints.

With this revelation, I realized how beneficial this massive undertaking of a project would be for older character mod releases as well and set to work, in order to bring everything up to a newer quality standard (sending the updated files to active modders while hosting the files for mods you've downloaded by inactive creators for convenience).

All that said, I hope this improves the various large rosters many players can create nowadays and make the overall experience much more enjoyable long into the future.
Have fun!

Ceamonks

Updates for the following character modder works:
-Aventureiromax
-Blaw
-Blizz
-Dihan
-Dorpond
-Erik Lensherr
-Gevth
-iammingy
-Jeanfan321
-Julio Cabral
-Larcetin
-Lean
-Lionsden99
-LucasFernandesBR
-Maegawa
-Markloto
-Marvelfan12345
-Matt710
-Me
-MelloMods
-Midnightphoenix123
-MUA2 Conversions
-MUALover
-Neeboo Nine
-Norrin Radd
-Nowhere Man
-nshinnosuke
-Polygone
-Ragincajun
-sbarth13
-Scabbia
-Teancum
-Techon 7
-The Boy Sanga
-thetommyboy2002
-Tien
-Tony_Stark
-Whiteking

EDIT(15/1/2023): Updated tons of files and added new folder for Polygone, in accordance with future OCP mod updates generously provided and shared by ak2yny & tubularspacedude.

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/a0a4n6rq3w6tim0/Converted_animation_mixed_4_combat_files_for_various_character_mods.7z/file

That's simply amazing, Ceamonks! Thanks a lot for the effort. I'll update any files I've got from any of these mods and check them out asap.
My released mods: http://bit.ly/39aogu6
My released skins: https://bit.ly/3i4Tdoy
My released huds and loading screens: http://bit.ly/2LPMnWi
My ongoing projects: http://bit.ly/3anXT3s

May 02, 2021, 02:21AM #2 Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 04:57PM by Ceamonks890
By popular demand, all the old character booster releases have been given the animation mixing treatment as well. Installation process is the exact same as the character mods.

Updates for the following character booster works:
-12emre12
-BloodyMares
-Canino
-Gevth
-gigio8
-Hobgoblin
-iammingy
-Jeanfan321
-Julio Cabral
-LarsMaster/LarsAlexandersson
-Lean
-Maegawa
-Matt710
-MUALover
-Nowhere Man
-nshinnosuke
-Panaka_69
-Polygone
-Scabbia
-shinden
-SuperNatural Witch
-The Boy Sanga
-Tien
-ZuluViking

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/gjobrornun1bwh5/Converted_animation_mixed_files_for_various_boosters.7z/file

UPDATE(15/1/2023): Updated various files and added folders for 12emre12 & shinden, in accordance with future OCP mod updates generously shared and provided by ak2yny.

Hello thank you so much for doing this I installed all of them lol but Marrow is giving me trouble for some reason I tried with the many different roster hacks. Could it be a mistake in my end?

Quote from: edward on May 14, 2021, 09:51AM
Hello thank you so much for doing this I installed all of them lol but Marrow is giving me trouble for some reason I tried with the many different roster hacks. Could it be a mistake in my end?

Could you be more specific please about your issue? What animations aren't working as intended?

Hello,CEAMONKS890 thank you so much for this!
I have found a animation glitch on Firestar  :firestar: mod I though it would be best to tell you,its in her MICROWAVE STREAM hability,when you hold the action button she performs the wrong animation while releasing the fire foward.I tryed to take a picture while performing this glitch but couldn't cause to show the glitch we have to keep pressing the button so the print screen doesnt work.

Quote from: BlondeRogue on May 31, 2021, 11:27PM
Hello,CEAMONKS890 thank you so much for this!
I have found a animation glitch on Firestar  :firestar: mod I though it would be best to tell you,its in her MICROWAVE STREAM hability,when you hold the action button she performs the wrong animation while releasing the fire foward.I tryed to take a picture while performing this glitch but couldn't cause to show the glitch we have to keep pressing the button so the print screen doesnt work.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I'll give it a look as soon as I can.

This is really awesome. It's nice to see that older mods/boosters are getting some decent updates. Thank you for taking the time to do this. I've recently got back into MUA as I've debated on updating or developing another booster for Rogue. I'll download this eventually as I've recently haven't had time to play. As soon as I do, if I see anything, I'll let you know.

^Thank you Scabbia. It was tedious work, but it had to be done at some point.

BlondeRogue, try now and see if the changed offending loop animation for Firestar's Microwave Stream power is resolved.

And to everyone who downloads these, please do let me know if there are any similar animation issues in future for other old releases and explain to the best of your ability, what animation isn't working as intended and I'll try to sort it out immediately.

June 01, 2021, 05:29PM #9 Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 06:14PM by BlondeRogue
Hello,CEAMONKS890!I downloaded the file again,replaced the old files with the new ones(noticed her combat file is bigger than the old one,thats where the problem is,right?),added her again to the herostat by xmlbcui and tryed again,but the problem persists,its the wrong animation,cause when the fire is foward,so should her arms be,right?I tryed to take a shot with a cellphone to show you (While i pressed the action button so you can see) I hope the quality is good enough for you to see the problem im trying to explain.
(sorry about my limited english)

As you see in the picture her arms are backwards while the fire is going foward,unlike the original firestar is before,in the original mod.

June 01, 2021, 06:25PM #10 Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 06:32PM by Ceamonks890
Ah, then it seems the original animation was the intended one by Lean (as the newly added animation was the only other power_1_loop animation related to Microwave Stream among the various animation files of the original, untouched Firestar mod). I'll swap it back at once.

And for future reference, reconverted animation files tend to get bigger over time for some reason (but they shouldn't negatively impact the game in any way).

EDIT: Done

Hi, good evening. I don't know if you're still aware, but I would like to inform you that there is an error in the animation of power 1 of the war machine called "S.P.I.N Blast" it executes an incorrect animation. :warmachine:

December 03, 2022, 11:27PM #12 Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 11:51PM by Ceamonks890
Quote from: Billy Ghost on December 03, 2022, 10:38PM
Hi, good evening. I don't know if you're still aware, but I would like to inform you that there is an error in the animation of power 1 of the war machine called "S.P.I.N Blast" it executes an incorrect animation. :warmachine:

I doubt it's incorrect, as I thoroughly went through re-converting every old mod's animation files twice on two different occasions (the second time being after consistent reports on the Discord server about many incorrect animations, discovering the dominant animations are menu -> 4_combat -> former fightstyle animation set).

So I'd appreciate a bit more evidence first of all before I go through the trouble of tweaking something again, as it was likely the original intended animation by the modder in question. Does War Machine do anything differently with this particular power without the animation mixing files applied? If yes, OK. I'll get to it. But if he still doesn't react as you imagined him to, than there's not a whole lot I can do about it.

hello and sorry for bothering you, what happens is that the power that I mentioned performs an animation or posture of a woman and well, the truth is, I only tried to put the trick of unlocking powers because that sometimes corrects the animations but more I did not try to do anything because I hardly know about the topic

Quote from: Billy Ghost on December 04, 2022, 01:10AM
hello and sorry for bothering you, what happens is that the power that I mentioned performs an animation or posture of a woman and well, the truth is, I only tried to put the trick of unlocking powers because that sometimes corrects the animations but more I did not try to do anything because I hardly know about the topic

OK, I've swapped out the offending animation again and tested it in-game to be sure this particular issue won't happen ever again for Teancum's War Machine mod going forward, definitely looking like he's firing something from his hand. So I hope this has solved your problem for good. Download has been updated with the change.