MUA2 Character/Playthrough Question

Started by Tyrphanax, July 29, 2021, 06:00PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey Folks, I figured this wasn't really mod-related so best to put it here.

Me and a couple of friends have the Steam version of MUA2 and we were thinking about playing through it. I did some research on the game and I know a lot of the characters are locked from the start and many of the others will become locked to a side once we hit the Civil War... I also learned that you can't save after cheating for all the characters (naturally), but, once you beat the game, it seems like all characters are playable throughout a new campaign.

The dilemma is this: I don't want to deprive friends of their favorite characters off the bat, and I also don't want to force a certain side to be chosen during the Civil War because a given character is locked to one side. I also don't want to play through the game by myself first because then I have all kinds of stuff spoiled for me and then it's less fun to experience together.

I tried to find a 100% save file online, but wasn't able to find anything that worked. Are we SOL? What are my options? I will play through alone if I have to and do my best to not look at the screen!

Thanks, experts!  :stark:

Sadly, MUA2 isn't as popular here as the other games, so you may not get many responses. You can always come by our discord server and ask too though.

Do you have a legit Steam version or a crack? Most save files I've found around are for a cracked version so if you have a legit game that might be where the compatibility issues come from. I have the game on Steam with a save file having all characters available and on max level, ready for a New Game +, so I could try extracting my save for you.
I'm a modder from Brazil. Check out my mods!

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on July 30, 2021, 03:17PM
Sadly, MUA2 isn't as popular here as the other games, so you may not get many responses. You can always come by our discord server and ask too though.

Thanks, I'll give that a try if I can't figure it out!

Quote from: Enchlore on August 01, 2021, 12:21PM
Do you have a legit Steam version or a crack? Most save files I've found around are for a cracked version so if you have a legit game that might be where the compatibility issues come from. I have the game on Steam with a save file having all characters available and on max level, ready for a New Game +, so I could try extracting my save for you.

Mine is legit. I bought it right away and never refunded it. It seems like that could be the issue?

I'd be happy to try the file out!

Here's my save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n4DHZj_Al1UMryPGUS_ZTDVbcQRlFFV9/view?usp=sharing
It should go on the SavesDir folder. Tell me if it works.

To start a New Game+, you'll have to continue from a completed save file (it should be the most recent Wakandan Palace save file), and then you'll be in a hub area with every character unlocked with an option to start a new game with the save file. You'll be able to select any character at any time regardless of story conditions.

Quote from: Enchlore on August 02, 2021, 10:56PM
Here's my save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n4DHZj_Al1UMryPGUS_ZTDVbcQRlFFV9/view?usp=sharing
It should go on the SavesDir folder. Tell me if it works.

To start a New Game+, you'll have to continue from a completed save file (it should be the most recent Wakandan Palace save file), and then you'll be in a hub area with every character unlocked with an option to start a new game with the save file. You'll be able to select any character at any time regardless of story conditions.

Well, I gave it a shot and no dice. I can open the file in Notepad++ and while most of it is unreadable, I can see the names of the save files and they're definitely correct. There must be some kind of account ID thing in place because when I switch to my backed-up game.sav it picks it up no problem.

The good news is that we're on the right track because removing my save file is the same as a fresh install (even has me agree to the EULA like a first time install), but the bad news is I'm at a total loss as to what to do next.

Damn, that's a shame. You could still try the cheat codes, though - not being able to save sounds bad but the campaign's not that long and you can finish it in one sitting with your friends if you all have an afternoon off.

Quote from: Enchlore on August 06, 2021, 01:46PM
Damn, that's a shame. You could still try the cheat codes, though - not being able to save sounds bad but the campaign's not that long and you can finish it in one sitting with your friends if you all have an afternoon off.

I thought about this, but given schedules it probably would need to be broken up across weeks unfortunately.

I found a person with a very nice Steam guide with saves to help getting achievements and when I asked him if he had any pointers given my findings, he just deleted his whole guide. Oof.