Hello

Welcome, Guest. To unlock the rest of the forums
please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Bonus Official Loading Screens and Console-Exclusive Cutscene  (Read 343 times)

Offline Enigma

• Uncanny Member
  • Upvotes: 0
V3.0:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o2P4R5y7TaRIvX3ZrLZxlKYPh5buo0U3/view?usp=sharing

***Bonus Official Loading Screens v3.0:

*Over 100 official loading screens are included, including over 30 unused and platform exclusive loading screens from XML1, XML2, and MUA1.

*Eveything from v1 and v2 have been completely redone.

*For this mod, I have scoured the Internet and compiled as many fullsize nonletterboxed XML1 loading screens as I could find, along with higher than game quality XML2 loading screens and various promotional art from a variety of sources including artists' portfolios, gaming sites, comic sites, fan wikis, russian websites, the XML1 prototype, press kits, and many many other sources. Some of these have been AI Upscaled where necessary (I did this for the ones that were smaller than SD size, which is the double size of the default loading screens, to quite fantastic results I must say). Also included are many loading screens that were cut out of XML1 and a couple that were cut out of XML2.

Let me know if anything's wrong with any of these. There are so many, I might have missed something.

*In the "Images I Used" folder I have included all the art I found, because finding these at all was a lengthy, time consuming, and incredibly difficult scavenger hunt, and I don't want others to have to do that if they want to use this art for something. Feel free to use it for whatever you want.

*In the "Production Materials Archive" folder is the portfolios of many of the artists of XML1 and XML2, as well as as much stuff from the Official XML1 and XML2 websites as I could find through online searches. Many of these artists' websites, where the portfolios were originally posted, are no longer online and these are all incomplete, but I wanted to preserve what's left. For some of these, I found higher quality sources elsewhere, and the highest quality of everything is in the "Images I Used " folder, but I still wanted to include all I found of these artists' profiles. Besides loading screens, these also include concept art and production materials. With so much of it lost forever, I didn't want that to happen to any more of it.

**Full list of loading screens found in the mod. It's too long to put here.

**Also contained is the console exclusive Ultimate Spider-Man Trailer cutscene. Just follow the directions in that folder's readme to install it.

Credits:
BaconWizard = advice, encouragement, letting me use the loading screens of his from the Ultimate Patch that I couldn't find elsewhere, help with color channel swapping
ak2yny = advice, help with color channel swapping, finding the unused XML2 Omega Red and MUA1 Mr. Fantastic loading screens
Tubular Spaceman = GamePro 191 magazine cover

« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 11:37pm by Enigma »
My mods: Bonus Official Loading Screens and Console-Exclusive Cutscene: https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11105.0.html

Offline UltraMegaMagnus

• Marvel Modder
  • Fantastic Member
  • Upvotes: 34
  • Direct Message Disabled
Re: Bonus Official Loading Screens and Console-Exclusive Cutscene
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 03:49am »
Many thx, I've been looking for the loading screen  :applause:

Offline Enigma

• Uncanny Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 01:50pm »
You're welcome!

Outdated below, disregard:
Update v2:

*I had forgotten to include the image I used for Shadow King, so here it is.

*I also found an much better and larger version of the unused Storm Xtreme loading screen, as well as a very slightly better version of 70s Phoenix and have replaced my previous versions.

*I found some cutscene character model render sheets of Apocalypse and Archangel that Blur Studios, the company that made the cutscenes, appear to have made. They were perfectly sized for loading screens, so I made some.

*I've made loading screens from the following MUA1 (and included the unaltered images I found): Beta Ray Bill, Captain America WWII, Dark Phoenix, Deadpool, Deathbird, Iceman, Iron Man Ultimate, Loki, Storm, Storm with Mohawk, The Thing, Wolverine in the Forest, Wolverine and the Terracotta Soldiers. I had to crop them some, since they're 16:9 and XML2 is 4:3, but I think they look quite nice.

*I made a loading screen of Hela. It was made from a image of Hela done by Glen Angus, one of the artists on XMl1, XMl2, and MUA1. It's in the same art style those games too. It's not the Marvel Hela, but she looks pretty close.

*I made loading screens Multiple Man. It was on some pop culture website's ancient news article about some movie, and I don't know the original source of image, but the image looks close enough to the games' loading screens' art style and it was too good not to use, so I included it. I've done 3 versions: center, standing with multiples behind him to the right, and standing with multiples behind him to the right.

*I've also renamed and reorganized some of the images included so that it's more clear what's what.

*I found an image featuring some sketches of unfinished alternate versions of the MUA1 Dark Phoenix loading screen, so I including that as well.
>
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 04:49pm by Enigma »
My mods: Bonus Official Loading Screens and Console-Exclusive Cutscene: https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11105.0.html

Offline Enigma

• Uncanny Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 04:50pm »
I have updated the mod to v3.0!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o2P4R5y7TaRIvX3ZrLZxlKYPh5buo0U3/view?usp=sharing

Eveything from v1 and v2 have been completely redone.
It now includes more than 100 official loading screens are included, including over 30 unused and platform exclusive loading screens from XML1, XML2, and MUA1, making this the biggest XML2 loading screen pack ever.
I have also updated the topic post to be more clear and informative as to what exactly this whole thing is.
Enjoy!

**v4.0 plans:
*XML2 PSP exclusive loading screens
*more higher quality XML2 loading screens
*more MUA1 loading screens
*XML1 and XML2 3D Render Promotional Wallpapers as loading screens (landscape versions of the box arts and similar such images)
*maybe solo Avalanche and Pyro ones (As far as I can tell, for XML1, Glen Angus painted 1 painting of these 2 characters together and then they were photoshopped apart into separate letterboxed loading screens. So, there aren't solo fullsized ones. And I had a new higher quality nonletterboxed version of the image. So I'd like to separate the fullsized art of them together into 2 separate ones myself. But I'm not sure if this is doable. For now, I've included BaconWizard17's solo Pyro loading screen which I've upscaled to make the quality closer to the quality of the high quality version of them together that I've included.)

« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 04:53pm by Enigma »

Offline ak2yny
  • Marvel Modder
  • Astonishing Member
  • Upvotes: 9
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 05:44am »
Awesome! Thank you for sharing it with us. Very nice collection and well organized.