Just to give you guys a heads-up, for those of you who want to play MUA1, MUA2, or XML2 online with other players, but don't like the Hamachi method, there is another way... an easier way. It's with using Parsec.Online Co-Op Gaming via Parsec
After you mod your game to your liking, you can use Parsec to connect others to your PC, and then you can invite them to your game. It also allows you to stream live video game footage. It has worked for people across different countries.
You only need to have a decent internet connection to prevent laggy performance. Only the person hosting needs to have the game. Those being connected only need Parsec, so you're playing off of the host's game and roster. No need for multiple people to have 100% the exact same modded game.
To get Parsec, visit here: https://parsec.app/
Thanks to Rampage for discovering this method to play these games online. Here are the easy instructions that he wrote:1. Go to https://parsec.app/downloads and download Parsec, then create an account.
2. Add the other people you would like to play with on Parsec with your username.
3. The host of the game is the only person who needs the game installed. Everyone else does not need the game installed or have the same game files as the host. All players will then click the connect button for the host player in Parsec and then the host must accept all players to be connected.
4. The host will then start the game and have all players connect their controllers or keyboards first.
5. Once a controller is connected, the host can then go to options, controls and then enable each player's controller or keyboard. Once the controller or keyboard is assigned to players 2, 3, or 4, the host can then go to the player's tab and enable each player for local co-op or arcade mode.
6. After players are connected, either the host or each player individually can then go to the controls tab and configure their button/key bindings for their controller or keyboard.
--- CO-OP/ARCADE MODE ---
1. Co-op mode - There is always a team of four, with the computer controlling any characters not controlled by players. If a character dies, they must be brought back at a SHIELD access point, and only after five minutes.
2. Arcade mode - There are no computer-controlled characters in Arcade; there are as many characters on the team as there are players. If a character dies, they can come back to full health after 15 seconds. At the end of a stage, players are graded on their performance, with the best player being rewarded with extra credits and experience.
--- OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES ---
1. Unfortunately, the original PC ports of Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 have crappy controller support. To counter this, you could use the latest version of OCP found at https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11037.0.html. Remember that if you are playing co-op or arcade mode using Parsec then only the host will need the controller fixes provided by the OCP install since all other players rely on the host's game files.
2. Having a decent connection and decent PC specs are the most important factors to making the game work right for everyone. As a host, if players in your game are experiencing lag, ghosting, or latency issues inside of Parsec while playing the game then it is best to lower the in-game resolution. For players using a laptop running Parsec, I have found that it is best for the host to reduce their resolution in the in-game video settings to either 720p or 480p.