Danger Room Upgrade

Started by Jack of All Trades, November 16, 2008, 10:23PM

Previous topic - Next topic
After discovering that there is no limit to the amount of danger room courses, I added the online courses to the Legend Grade. I then got the wild hair up my bum to create new character specific items for the characters that have none.  I posted this originally in the bowels of an old thread started by nodoubtjr, who was the first person to try this.  What's more is I created new danger room courses for said characters by copying other characters danger room courses and playtested them to make sure they are all beatable with said characters. 

I created two different updates out of what I hope are the two most common roster lists a pc update and a psp update.  The PC update assumes you are using the original roster + Cable.  The PSP list assumes you picked Cable as your 21st character and dumped Sabretooth and Pyro for Cannonball and X-Man (sorry Jean fans there just wasn't room for Dark Phoenix). 

The other interesting thing is it appears you can add as many unique items as you want to the game.  The items list in both the PC and PSP upgrades use the same item list.

Here is the new gear:

Deadpool: Assassin's Blade
Ironman: Extremis Armor
Professor X: Moira's Charm
Pyro: Irradiated Fuel Tank
Sabretooth: Killer's Gloves
Cable: Relic of the Future
Cannonball: Blast Field Enhancer
X-Man: Plasma Armor

Download Here
http://www.mediafire.com/?yd1lsmyizlj

To use this you'll need to open the folder of the version you are interested in into the XML2 directory, just make sure to copy and replace the contents.  Remember back up your data.  Note: you'll need to start a new game for this to work.

Thanks goes out to nodoubtjr bringing the online courses into regular gameplay.

Thanks Jacky, this is great :D

can you just delete the characters that you don't use without it messing up the game?

Can you apply this to the mod editions?
Cosmic Defenders!

Quote from: liamjohnwyn on June 07, 2012, 02:16AM
Can you apply this to the mod editions?

You could do it yourself. It's not very hard. Make custom items for your characters (modifying the items.eng file in the Data folder), and modifying the dangerroom.eng file in the Data folder. Make sure that your items are character specific, and that when you modify the dangerroom file, you replace the pre-existent challenges for your new characters.

So I'm a little confused, and forgive me for replying in an old thread etc. But when I try to use this, all the general uniques do not appear in the game anymore. It's like there is a limit or something and when you try to add new ones it will eat up the last one in the list to make room for it. Am I doing something wrong or is there really no way to add new items to the game? Only replace? So can never have enough uniques for a full roster then?

Quote from: Rinswind on April 13, 2021, 07:28AM
So I'm a little confused, and forgive me for replying in an old thread etc. But when I try to use this, all the general uniques do not appear in the game anymore. It's like there is a limit or something and when you try to add new ones it will eat up the last one in the list to make room for it. Am I doing something wrong or is there really no way to add new items to the game? Only replace? So can never have enough uniques for a full roster then?

I believe we've discussed this on the Discord server already, but yes there is a limit to the number of unique items the game can handle

October 01, 2021, 08:47AM #9 Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 01:54PM by Enigma
For anyone that's interested in using this mod, I looked at this mod's files and found a few issues.
The PSP version of the items file for the PSP roster seems to be exactly the same as the PC one. (Both have Pyro and Sabretooth items and no X-Man or Cannonball items)
Also, the PSP Danger Room file is just the default version with no changes.