Comic Covers for Everyone

Started by Enigma, December 15, 2021, 03:01PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 15, 2021, 03:01PM Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 03:37PM by Enigma
Comic Covers For Everyone v6.0

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h84m4dkm5omguyw/Comic_Covers_For_Everyone_v6.0.7z/file

***This mod features over 200 comic covers, including covers for every default and modded playable character for X-Men Legends II (with the exception of the "Custom Characters" in the "Non-Marvel Character Mod Catalog" and "Lags's Playable NPC Mods" due to lack of available covers.)

**All XML1, XML2, and MUA1 comic covers are included, remade in much higher quality by AI Upscaling the background and using comic cover images taken from higher quality online sources. (The original comic covers in XML1 and XML2 are 683x512 resolution but these are 1365x1024. And even for the MUA1 covers, these are higher quality cover images than those.)

**Also included are all the unused XML1, XML2, and MUA1 comic covers:
*Angel's unused XML1 Prototype cover
*Banshee's and Magik's unused XML2 covers (both have unused XML2 character select portraits, and these are the covers that those portraits use a portion of),
*Black Widow's unused MUA1 cover
*Emma's unused alternate XML1 Prototype cover
*Hulk's unused MUA1 cover
*Nick Fury's unused MUA1 cover
*Nightcrawler's unused MUA1 cover (which I found on a desktop wallpaper on the official MUA1 website on Internet Archive)
*Psylocke's unused XML1 cover
*Silver Surfer's unused MUA1 cover
*Also the comic covers used for these characters' unused character select portraits from the MUA1 Prototype and MUA1 Retail PC versions of MUA1:
-Black Panther, Blade, Daredevil, Elektra, Human Torch, Mister Fantastic (2 of them), Spider-Man, Thor
*Also the XML2 promo comic cover and some XML1 and MUA1 promotional magazine cover art taken from artists' portfolios.
*Also included Preorder MUA1 Daredevil Cover.
-This cover was used on MUA1 preorder ads encouraging people to preorder MUA1 and get a code to unlock Daredevil early.

**I've also included the custom covers that were made for the MUA1 OCP mod.

**Custom MUA1 Black Widow Variant Cover
*This is the Yelena Belova variant cover of Black Widow's unused MUA1 cover. I've had to do a lot of restoration work on this cover including repainting all the empty black space on it and redoing the white and black on the spider logo in the upper left corner because the best quality version I could find of it had some issues with those parts.

**I have also included all the PSP-only covers.
*The PSP version had 9 exclusive missions and each had a comic cover.
*1 of these, the Age of Apocalypse cover, was Toad's cover in every other version but it was used for that PSP mission because the mission featured X-Man and that cover is an X-Man comic cover (that cover works well if you want to use it for X-Man). Toad's cover was replaced with a different one. *Some of the other 8 covers have would work well for other characters (For example, Fatal Attractions is a Magneto solo cover, Mutant Massacre features Sabretooth fighting Wolverine, Rescue Lilandra features Shadowcat, and X-Cutioner's Song is a TPB cover of Stryfe.)

**I have also included alternate non-Ultimate comic covers for those characters that only have Ultimate covers in the 3 games: Angel, Beast, Captain America, Colossus, Cyclops, Iceman, Invisible Woman, Iron Man, Magneto, and Psylocke

*I've also done many other alternate covers for various characters.

*I've remastered the Spider-Man 2000 game exclusive comic covers by AI Upscaling and denoising multiple versions using different methods, combining them, and replacing the upper left issue part with higher quality versions used in published comics of the eras. I've created the issue numbers on those sections as well and touched up various parts that needed it.
-I've also included 2 alternate versions from the leaked betas of this game.

**I have tried as hard as I could to find comic covers that came out before XML2 did, but in a few cases, this was impossible, due to either the character being created after XML2 came out or because they just didn't appear on any covers until after that date. In 1 case (Arclight), I was forced to used a trading card, and while I was at it, I also made trading card covers for Avalanche and Holocaust because I liked the images.
For the most part, though, almost every new cover here is from before XML2 came out.

All the images I used are included so you can see what the covers look like for yourself and pick which you like.

I also included the AI Upscaled template I made and used to make all of these covers.

Also included are instructions as to how to replace the existing covers in the game. (There are 15 by default but the X-Men Legends II Ultimate Patch will include a modification I did to allow for 21 comic covers, 1 for each character in the roster. It will also include the remakes of the XML1 and XML2 covers for the characters included in the patch. For that patch, Jean's cover will be the Custom XML2 Variant I made and Dark Phoenix's will be the XML2 Jean Cover. It will also use Toad's PSP cover and the Age of Apocalypse mission cover for X-Man.)

Enjoy!

Credits:

*Enchlore: Finding the comic cover that's the source of Magik's unused character select portrait.

Changelog
Spoiler

*v6.0:
-I've added all 8 covers that were exclusive to the Ultimate Spider-Man game. The artists that made these were Ian Hosfeld and Chuck Wadey. The versions of the covers I used are from Ian Hosfeld's portfolio.
-Added 2 Spider-Man Unlimited covers.
-Added Iron Spider cover.
-All DC Comics covers now have a custom DC-themed background.
-Added Flash of Two Worlds cover.
-Added 2 more covers each for Batman and Superman.
-Added 1 more cover for Wonder Woman.
-Renamed a few to be more clear as to what they are.
*v5.0:
-Added Preorder MUA1 Daredevil Cover. This cover was used on MUA1 preorder ads encouraging people to preorder MUA1 and get a code to unlock Daredevil early.
-Added Custom MUA1 Black Widow Variant Cover. This is the Yelena Belova variant cover of Black Widow's unused MUA1 cover. I've had to do a lot of restoration work on this cover including repainting all the empty black space on it and redoing the white and black on the spider logo in the upper left corner because the best quality version I could find of it had some issues with those parts.
-Added the following other custom covers: Custom Deadpool Ultimate Cover, Custom Hawkeye Ultimate Cover, Custom Luke Cage Heroes for Hire Cover, Custom Magneto Xorn Cover, Custom Spider-Man Black Suit Cover, Custom Spider-Man Scarlet Spider Cover, Custom Thor Beta Ray Bill Cover, Custom Thor Ultimate Cover
-Removed the Unused MUA1 Namor Cover because it turns out the banner on the MUA1 website actually uses an interior panel from a comic that is very very similar to this cover.
*v4.0:
-Added my remastered versions of the Spider-Man 2000 game exclusive covers, along with 2 alternate versions from the leaked betas.
*v3.0:
-Added the following custom covers for the custom characters mods that have released since I released v2.0 of this mod: Abyss, Blaastar
-Renamed and moved Silver Surfer's to Unused because it is an unused official MUA1 cover.
-Added the following covers that the unused XML2 character select portraits are based off of: Magik
-Moved Magik and Namor's custom covers to the custom alternate folder since they have official covers.
-Added the following covers that the unused MUA1 Prototype and Retail character select portraits are based off of: Black Panther, Blade, Daredevil, Elektra, Human Torch, Mister Fantastic (2 of them), Spider-Man, Thor
-Added the following custom covers for existing characters (and how many added): Beast (1), Daredevil (2), Spider-Man (5)
*v2.0:
-Added the following covers: Custom Dazzler Cover 2, Unused MUA1 Namor Cover (This is the cover that was used for a contest banner on the MUA1 website alongside Jean's XML2 comic cover. Because of this, and considering Namor was a MUA1 cut playable character, it seems logical to assume this would have been his cover.) Unused XML1 Promo Cover Early Version, XML1 GamePro Cover by Mitch Cotie, XML1 Heroes Promo Art 1 Cover, XML1 Heroes Promo Art 2 Cover,
-Fixed 3 covers (Custom Loki Cover, Custom Longshot Cover, Custom Magik Cover) being accidentally placed in one of the Images folders by mistake.
-There were a bunch of included custom covers that I had forgotten to include the images of.