Enigma's Polaris Mod

Started by Enigma, March 05, 2022, 02:55PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 05, 2022, 02:55PM Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 05:06PM by Enigma
:polaris:Enigma's Polaris Mod v2.1 :polaris:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CsEJqrbc99H4EEAKT1YcFePcFlkmNVNo/view?usp=sharing

This is my Polaris mod. It contains the following:

Sound Changes:
*I've made a voicepack featuring Grey Delisle's lines and grunts as Polaris from Marvel Super War.
*I made menu breaks
*For power sounds, I used Magneto's power sounds from Marvel Heroes.

Power Changes:
*I've used Magneto's skeleton.
-I hex edited it to change the menu animations.
*I completely replaced everything about Matt710's mod and created a completely new set of powers, boosts, Xtremes, and passives.

Visual Changes:
*Includes a much improved version of her unused XML2 conversation hud I made by AI Upscaling both the XML2 version and the different and better quality MUA1 Prototype versions, which I merged together, and manually touched it up.
-All skins use this hud.
*Made a character select portrait and loading screen using art by Mico Sauyan from the Marvel War of Heroes mobile card battle game.
*Made a second bonus loading screen featuring art by Mico Sauyan from the Marvel War of Heroes mobile card battle game.
*Made 2 bonus loading screens featuring art by Peter Nguyen.
*Made bonus character select portraits and conversation huds based on the Mico Sauyan loading screens.
*Her flying effect is now a recolored and modified version of Magneto's MUA1 DLC flying effect.
*Her unique knockback now uses a recolored version of Magneto's XML2 unique knockback effect.
*Levitation uses a recolored version of Magneto's XML2 Levitation effects.
*Iron Toxicity now uses recolored versions of unused effects from Magneto's unused Beam power from the XML1 Prototype.
*Removed hiteffects from radials, because having hiteffects on radial powers can cause issues and they don't work properly anyway (they appear on objects they can't affect, like parts of the map that can't be destroyed and such.)
*For Metallic Hammer, I've created a new charge effect, recolored Magneto's XML2 Magnetic Shell shatter effect, recolored Magneto's XML2 Metal Spike trail effect, and recolored and modified Magneto's MUA1 DLC Magnetic Pulse impact effect.
*Gravity Well uses recolored versions of Iron Man's Tractor Beam charge and power effects.
*Magnetic Forcefield uses a new charge effect I've created and a recolored and modified version of Magneto's MUA1 DLC Magnetic Shield aura effect.
*Metal Morphing and Magnetic Tempest use new effects I've created.
*Polarity Pull uses a recolored version of one of Magneto's unused XML2 effects and a recolored and modified version of one of  Magneto's MUA1 DLC Magnetic Explosion power effects.
*Negative Emotion Absorption uses a recolored and modified version of Magneto's MUA1 DLC Dark Energy Aura effect.

Misc:
*I've made packages for all 9 default skin slots that allow her icons can appear in higher quality in the character select menu and so that each skin can have a unique hud and 3D head (right now they all have unique 3D heads but all have the same hud, but the option is open to you).
-These are also the X-Men Legends II Ulimate Patch-style streamlined packages.
-I've also added the textures to her package files that won't be in the permanent file in the X-Men Legends II Ultimate Patch.

Credits:
*UltraMegaMagnus - Marvel Super War audio files
*BloodyMares - identifying the voice actor
*Matt710 - original Polaris mod, some of the skins
*Mongoose: bug report
*shafcrawler, Boreman: some of the skins

Changelog:
Spoiler

*v2.1:
-Made Pestilence's description more accurate.
-Multiple powers' descriptions now say they can build bridges, and I added the ability to do so to more powers.
*v2.0:
-Completely redid sound file.
-She now has lines for each type of line.
-Fixed some instances of audio popping.
-Changed what lines go to what type of line.
-Made her lines and grunts louder.
-Replaced and rearranged power sounds and added new ones to account for new and altered powers.
-Added Menu Breaks
-I completely recoded all powers, boosts, Xtremes, and passives.
-Fixed various text errors in her talents file.
-Fixed various issues with the leveling of her powers.
-Rewrote power descriptions and combo text.
-Rebalanced all powers.
-She can now see cloaked enemies.
-Minor coding fixes to herostat.
-Completely recoded her unique knockback.
-Her unique knockback now does Magnetic damage instead of Physical damage.
-Removed Electromagnetic Shock, because I felt that 7 powers was too many and I wasn't really happy with this power. Plus, since I switched to Magneto's skeleton, this wouldn't really work using his animations.
-Levitation said it did Physical damage on impact but it actually did Magnetic damage. It now actually does Physical damage on impact.
-Completely recoded Iron Toxicity.
-Iron Toxicity is now a Beam power.
-Iron Toxicity now immobilizes enemies instead of freezing them and enemies are now irradiated.
-Replaced Polarity Pull with a completely different power of the same name.
-Gravity Well now uses a different animation. I also made some minor coding fixes to it.
-Removed her Manipulation Shield and Magnetic Healing boosts and replaced them with 2 new boosts.
-Magnetic Mastery no longer increases Focus.
-Fixed bug with Magnetic Mastery's levelup information.
-Fixed bug with Magnetic Mastery's Critical chance leveling.
-Changed her flight coding to work with new effect.
-Completely replaced her Total Knockout Xtreme with a new Xtreme. I've named it Magnetic Tempest, which is the name of Magneto's Xtreme on his XML1 promo trading card, but wasn't used in either XML game.
-Negative Emotion Absorption now increases her size, increases her damage, and makes her invincible. I've also complelely recoded it.
-Removed Polarity Pull and Pulsar Disruptor.
-Removed her Elemental resistance, as I felt it didn't make sense for her to have it, especially since Magneto doesn't.
-Removed Magnetic Deflection and Electromagnetic Absorption passives and replaced them with 2 new passives.
-Added Pestilence and Magnetic Field Absorption passives.
-Changed which powers require which other powers.
-Change AI coding.
-Removed the shafcrawler loading screen, as I felt it was both in fairly rough shape and not very accurate to her XML2 default skin.
-Moved both loading screens by Peter Nguyen to the bonuses loading screens folder.
-Added a new character select portrait and loading screen using art by Mico Sauyan from the Marvel War of Heroes mobile card battle game.
-Added a second bonus loading screen featuring art by Mico Sauyan from the Marvel War of Heroes mobile card battle game.
-I've redone all of her effects and cut down the number of effects she uses to a bare minimum.
-Her flying effect is now a recolored and modified version of Magneto's MUA1 DLC flying effect.
-Her unique knockback now uses a recolored version of Magneto's XML2 unique knockback effect.
-Iron Toxicity now uses recolored versions of unused effects from Magneto's unused Beam power from the XML1 Prototype.
-Removed hiteffects from radials, because having hiteffects on radial powers can cause issues and they don't work properly anyway (they appear on objects they can't affect, like parts of the map that can't be destroyed and such.)
-For Metallic Hammer, I've created a new charge effect, recolored Magneto's XML2 Magnetic Shell shatter effect, recolored Magneto's XML2 Metal Spike trail effect, and recolored and modified Magneto's MUA1 DLC Magnetic Pulse impact effect.
-Gravity Well uses recolored versions of Iron Man's Tractor Beam charge and power effects.
-Magnetic Forcefield uses a new charge effect I've created and a recolored and modified version of Magneto's MUA1 DLC Magnetic Shield aura effect.
-Metal Morphing and Magnetic Tempest use new effects I've created.
-Polarity Pull uses a recolored version of one of Magneto's unused XML2 effects and a recolored and modified version of one of  Magneto's MUA1 DLC Magnetic Explosion power effects.
-Negative Emotion Absorption uses a recolored and modified version of Magneto's MUA1 DLC Dark Energy Aura effect.
-Switched her to Magneto's skeleton because I felt it fit better and because it supports long haired skins unlike Dr. Strange's skeleton, which I had been using before.
-Renamed effects folder from "polar" to "polaris"
-She has the new X-Men Legends II Ultimate Patch-style streamlined packages.
-I've also added the textures to her package files that won't be in the permanent file in the X-Men Legends II Ultimate Patch.

March 15, 2022, 07:40PM #1 Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 09:32AM by Enigma

Powers:
Levitation = Special = Lifts and throws objects and enemies around. Can build bridges.
Iron Toxicity = Beam = Polaris agitates the iron in her enemies' blood, causing them to become irradiated and immobilized.
Metallic Hammer = Projectile = Polaris throws a metal ball at an enemy that magnetizes their magnetic field, freezing them in place for a time.
Polarity Pull = Radial = Polaris pulls her enemies towards her then flings them back with a radial Magnetic wave.
Gravity Well = Trap = Traps an enemy in a Magnetic gravity well which damages and stuns them and pulls in and damages any nearby enemies.

Boosts:
Magnetic Forcefield = Polaris creates a forcefield around the entire party, increasing everyone's Defense and giving a chance to reflect all beams and projectiles for a time.
Metal Morphing = Polaris bonds metal to her body at an atomic level, increasing her Melee damage, adding Magnetic damage to Melee attacks, and making her immune to popup, grab, and trip for a time.

Xtremes:
Magnetic Tempest = Radial = Polaris creates a massive Magnetic storm that sends enemies flying.
Negative Emotion Absorption = Boost = Polaris absorbs the electromagnetic energy given off by negative emotions, increasing her size, making her invincible, and increasing her damage for a time.

Passives:
Magnetic Mastery = Increases damage and Critical chance with Magnetic damage.
Pestilence = Increases Polaris's resistance to Radiation damage and gives her a chance to reflect Radiation damage back onto the attacker.
Magnetic Field Absorption = Polaris absorbs the magnetic fields of each enemy she defeats, regenerating some of her HP.