Hello

Welcome, Guest. To unlock the rest of the forums
please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Enigma's Emma Frost Mod  (Read 968 times)

Offline Enigma

• Marvel Modder
  • Astonishing Member
  • Upvotes: 0
Enigma's Emma Frost Mod
« on: January 23, 2022, 03:38pm »
:emmafrost: Emma Frost Mod v3.0  :emmafrost:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G40zm6eHRkfzqwVgfLyiXCticZQ43Iu6/view?usp=sharing

This is my Emma Frost mod. It contains the following improvements over White King's original mod:

Sound Changes:
*Contains a voicepack that includes the best of Emma's voice lines and grunts from both XML1 and XML2, as well as new voice lines taken from her NPC lines from both games.
*Her power sounds were completely redone and are a combination of her XML1 power sounds (power 1, power 3, 1st Xtreme Psychic Bedlam), 1 of the power sounds from Whiteking's mod (2nd Xtreme Hail to the Queen), and some of her Marvel Heroes power sounds (everything else).
*Every power now has it's own unique sound.

Power Changes:
*My powerstyle changes are based upon the X-Men Legends II Ultimate Patch version of her powerstyle, which switches her diamond form skin over to 9010.
*Changed the names of the following powers: Astral Beam > Astral Projection, Hardness > Psionic Reflection, Mental Vortex > Psychic Funnel (so it wouldn't have the same name as Jean's power like this. I also rewrote its power description so that it wouldn't be the same as Jean's.)
*I also fixed her broken Psionic Overload power. This was supposed to be a "hold down the button" power but the coding for this was broken and so the power continues whether you hold the button or not. Not holding it means the power would end on its own eventually in an awkward way and doesn't end properly. The "power sound" would play for a while then cut off abruptly and the "power end" sound would also never play. I have fixed all of this so that it is a proper working hold power, that when you let go of the button, Emma's power end animation plays correctly, the "power sound" ends properly, and the "power end" sound plays properly. (Thanks to ak2ny for advice on how to make the power end more quickly once I'd gotten the end part to actually work.)
-I altered the end of this power so that is blasts the arc one more time. If you just tap the button instead of holding it down, then only that end part will happen.
-Psionic Overload also now does Mental damage instead of Physical damage.
*Originally, Whiteking coded her Astral Beam power to play a taunt when she defeats an enemy. My guess is Whiteking did this due to custom voicepacks not being a thing back in the earlier days of XML2 modding. As my voicepack means the Victory voice lines play when she defeats an enemy, I have removed this redundant aspect.
*Her stun now has unique power and impact sounds.

Visual Changes:
*New skins, conversation huds, 3D heads, character select portrait, and icons by BaconWizard17.
*Altered her packages and talent file so that her icons can appear in higher quality in the character select menu.
*Altered her packages so that every skin can have a unique conversation hud and 3D head.
*A choice between 2 different loading screens: her XML1 loading screen remade using a higher quality unletterboxed source image, and an unused uncensored version of her XML1 loading screen (Marvel made artist Glen Angus redo the loading screen to censor Emma's costume but they didn't make Raven censor her skin itself.)

Other Changes:
*Removed all unused files.
*She has 9 packs total. She only has 8 skins (not counting the Diamond Form ones) but the option is there if you want to add a 9th one yourself.
*Removed unused and unneeded coding from her herostat.
*Reordered her skins to be in numerical order.

Credits:
*Whiteking = Emma Frost mod
*BaconWizard17 = X-Men Legends II Ultimate Patch updated powerstyle that I modified for this booster, icons, skins, 3D heads, conversation huds,
*ak2ny = advice on making Psionic Overload end more quickly.

Changelog:
Spoiler
*v3.0:
-Upgraded to a full standalone mod.
-Added new skins, 3D heads, conversation huds, character select portrait, and icons by BaconWizard17
-Completely redid her soundfile to add a bunch more voice lines and fix some sound popping issues.
-Added missing stun impact sound and unique power sound.
-Fixed more issues with Psionic Overload not ending correctly.
-I altered the end part of Psionic Overload so that it blasts the power one more time. If you just tap the button instead of holding it down, then only that end part will happen.
-Changed Psionic Overload from Physical damage to Mental damage.
-Fixed Mental Spheres having a missing death impact effect.
-Altered her packages and talent file so that her icons can appear in higher quality in the character select menu.
-Altered her packages so that every skin can have a unique conversation hud and 3D head.
-Fixed more spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors in her power descriptions.
-Changed the names of the following powers: Hardness > Psionic Reflection, Mental Vortex > Psychic Funnel (so it wouldn't have the same name as Jean's power like this. I also rewrote its power description so that it wouldn't be the same as Jean's.)
-Removed all unused files.
-Removed unused and unneeded coding from her herostat.
*v2.0:
Added solo_end voice lines as CMD Follow, as solo_end aren't used in XML2 and they fit CMD Follow perfectly.
Removed Can't Talk, Sight, and Locked lines, as they are never used in XML2.
Slight installation instructions update (forgot to include "eng" in the sounds installation path)
Included character select portrait instructions.
*v1.1:
Minor installation folder update (forgot "eng" in sounds)
Put a note about x_voice.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 07:21pm by Enigma »

Offline Enigma

• Marvel Modder
  • Astonishing Member
  • Upvotes: 0
Re: Enigma's Emma Frost Mod
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 07:22pm »
Upgraded her to a full standalone mod. See changelog for details.