Reducers!

Started by Spoony, June 19, 2022, 08:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 19, 2022, 08:43AM Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 05:01AM by Spoony
This mod is intended to be applied on characters straight from the OCP 2.4. Thus meaning that if you installed a booster on one of these characters, this mod might not work then.
I once asked what team bricks the game at all times, and Outsider said "Venom, Ronin, Deadpool and Nightcrawler." He was right, and therefore I am proud to announce that those 4 work perfectly.

Have you ever come across a game limit issue? Have you ever made a team composition and it ends up bricking the game? Well, with this mod, all those problems disappear like mist (results may vary) Alright, all jokes aside, let's get to the mod, I present to you, REDUCERS!

This mod covers :

:panther: Black Panther - Removed Panther Claw

:blackwidow: Black Widow - Removed Knife Bomb and Weeping Widow

:blade: Blade - Removed Glaive Strike

:capamer: Captain America - Removed Energy Shield

:genis: Captain Marvel - Removed Nebula Beam

:colossus: Colossus - Removed Pulverizing Punch

:cyclops: Cyclops - Removed Optic Beam

:daredevil: Daredevil - Removed Baton Throw and Charge

:deadpool: Deadpool - Removed Assassin Strike and Teleport Flurry

:doom: Doctor Doom - Removed Doom Blast

:strange: Doctor Strange - Removed Eldritch Aura and Mind Wipe

:elektra: Elektra - Removed Nerve Strike and Death's Touch

:ghostr: Ghost Rider - Removed Ravaging Flame

:hawkeye: Hawkeye -  Removed Multishot

:hulk_icon: Hulk - Removed Cyclone Punch

:humant: Human Torch - Removed Fire Storm

:iceman: Iceman - Removed Freeze Beam and Polar Explosion

:iwoman: Invisible Woman - Removed Kinetic Surge

:stark: Iron Man - Removed Plasma Disc and Rocket Uppercut

:pman: Luke Cage - Removed Jab

:magneto: Magneto - Removed Magnetic Pulse

:moonk: Moon Knight - Removed Cable Shot

:fantastic: Mr. Fantastic - Removed Elastic Crush

:warbird: Ms. Marvel - Removed Explosive Touch

:nfury: Nick Fury - Fixed And Removed Redundant Code

:nightcrawler: Nightcrawler - Removed Acrobatic Kick and Bamf Flurry

:ronin: Ronin - Removed Echo Effect and Backlash

:stooth: Sabretooth - Removed Disembowel and Pounce

:silvers: Silver Surfer - Removed Cosmic Beam

:spiderman: Spiderman - Removed Slingshot

:spiderwoman: Spiderwoman - Removed Spider's Bite

:thing: The Thing - Removed Uppercut

:thor: Thor - Removed Mjolnir's Might

:venom: Venom - Removed Tendril Thrust and Symbiote Bite

:wolverine: Wolverine - Removed Redundant Code

And rest assured! If you don't want to apply every change, I put each character's files in their own respective folder!

Download : https://www.mediafire.com/file/x6ulv7q6lez8pbg/Reducers_-_SPOONY.rar/file
UPDATES:

You can find the updated versions within the characters' folder, and any optional updates are within said character's folder.

*I noticed :venom: Venom's flail ability's damage increased multiplicatively, so I removed it so that his damage values are fixed and added :ronin: Ronin's missing Slice and Dice power.
*Updated The Reducers Roster to 34, with the exception of :nfury: Nick Fury and :wolverine: Wolverine.
*Major Update to :nightcrawler: Nightcrawler, reduced him even further! Here is a file to get his updated powerstyle! (I reduced his redundant code)
*Update to :venom: Venom, cutting his redundant coding out further.
*Update to :nightcrawler: Nightcrawler, reducing more redundant code and changing his Bamfing Blitz power. This power is loopable, and teleports around his enemy, kicking and punching them repeatedly.
*Updated the Reducers roster to the full 36 characters! Fixed :nfury: Nick Fury & removed his redundant code, as well as :wolverine: Wolverine!

Preview of :nightcrawler: Nightcrawler's Updated Bamfing Blitz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG1A6t5nH_A&ab_channel=Zamir

Credits :
Tubular Spaceman + Bacon Wizard17 for the Reducers name
The makers of MUA
Makers of the OCP
You, for downloading  :D
Remember To Give Credit Where Credit Is Due! I Do Not Take Requests.

Hey guys I am new here and I am really bored of the crash when I play MUA1 with a 4 boosted persons team.I guess the reducers of Spoony can fix this but the link seems not working now. :polaris:
If this link can be fixed?Or anyone can tell me how to fix the crash problem with 4-persons team in another way?Really thanks guys!For your efforts and love in this classic game!

It looks like these files are experiencing the "Generating Download Key" error that MediaFire occasionally has. It will be resolved automatically in a few days, but you can find backups in Ceamonks890's archives in the meanwhile:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/nhw6skl65lj2b,n2dwu8p6cd5rs/shared

You originally created this message as a separate topic, but I merged it with the Reducers topic to keep things properly organized. When reporting an issue with a mod, it's best to post directly on the thread of that mod.

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on May 23, 2023, 05:15PM
It looks like these files are experiencing the "Generating Download Key" error that MediaFire occasionally has. It will be resolved automatically in a few days, but you can find backups in Ceamonks890's archives in the meanwhile:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/nhw6skl65lj2b,n2dwu8p6cd5rs/shared

You originally created this message as a separate topic, but I merged it with the Reducers topic to keep things properly organized. When reporting an issue with a mod, it's best to post directly on the thread of that mod.
Thanks a lot,BACONWIZARD!And I am really sorry for my mistake. :ifist:

I'm late to the party here, but if I haven't said so before I love this idea. Early on when we were modding the game pre-2010 there was this push to make characters as robust as possible, with tons of powers. This fits that less-is-more approach without going so far as the way Vicarious Visions' MUA2 did with too few RPG elements.