Enigma's Cyclops Booster

Started by Enigma, January 20, 2024, 09:05PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 20, 2024, 09:05PM Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 11:20AM by Enigma
:cyclops:Enigma's Cyclops Booster v1.4 :cyclops:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/167IjMO_Kl3K-ViToQIWQF80Wswug9IwQ/view?usp=sharing

This is my Cyclops booster. It contains the following changes:

Sound Changes:
*I've expanded his XML2 voiceset using lines from his used and unused XML2 NPC conversations and his XML2 Menu Breaks, all voiced by Josh Keaton.
-I reused one of his unused Can't Talk lines for a Bored line.
-One of his Victory lines is now used for TauntKD.
-One of his CMD Attack Any lines and one of his Victory lines are now used for CMD Follow because they didn't make sense where they were.
-His No Work lines now double as No Power lines.
*All powers, as well as his unique popup, now have unique power sounds and no longer share with each other.
*Optic Beam uses a modified version of its XML1 Retail power sound.
*Optic Flash uses Cyclops's Optic Explosion's MUA1 DLC charge sound and the power sound Optic Sweep uses in XML1 Retail.
*Optic Sweep uses one of its power sounds and the 3 randomly chosen impact sounds its MUA1 DLC version uses.
*Roundhouse Kick uses one of its MUA1 DLC power sounds.
*Deploy Pylon uses its XML2 power sounds.
*Tactics uses its XML1 and 2 power sound.
*Command uses its unused XML2 power sound.
*Optic Rage uses the first half of its XML2 power sound. It also uses its XML1 power sound.
*Flawless Tactics uses Cyclops's MUA1 DLC Optic Stream charge sound.
*His unique popup uses Cyclops's Fusion Beam's XML2 power sound.

Power Changes:
*I wrote new descriptions for all powers.
*I changed some combo text.
*I've removed all unneeded coding and streamlined his powerstyle as much as possible.
*For all powers I've kept, I've rebalanced them, changed how many levels they had, changed the unlock order, and changed the power requirements.
*Optic Beam, Optic Flash, and Optic Rage now energize.
*Optic Beam's Attack Speed no longer levels up. By default, the player was never told this, but I prefer it not to level up at all.
*Optic Beam now pierces like it does in XML1. I have removed Focused Beam because that was the only functional difference between them and having both of them seemed unnecessary.
*Optic Beam now does knockback. I've removed Optic Slam because that was the only functional difference between them and having both of them seemed unnecessary.
*Because splitting beams can't level up, and because splitting is the only functional difference between Optic Beam and Polarized Beam, and because I've added pierce  to Optic Beam which is functionally somewhat similar to splitting, I've removed Polarized Beam.
*Visor Upgrade has been renamed to Optic Mastery.
*Optic Flash is now listed as a Radial instead of a Debuff.
*By default, Optic Range's radius has coding to level up but it never does. It now actually levels up.
*Optic Flash now affects enemies on the ground.
*Auto Artillery has been given its original unused name, Deploy Pylon.
-The AI is now set to use this power more often.
*I've added a modified version of Cyclops's MUA1 DLC and MUA2 Wii power Ricochet Blast.
-I've renamed it Optic Sweep, which is the name of a similar power Cyclops has in Marvel vs Capcom 2 as well as an unrelated power he has in XML1.
*I removed Fusion Beam, because I've never thought it fit Cyclops very well.
*I gave him a version of the Point Blank passive he had in XML1.
*I added a version of his MUA1 power Roundhouse Kick that I've modified to work in XML2.
*Optic Rage now has a chance to do a Deadly Strike.
*Flawless Tactics now also grants immunity to grab, knockback, pain, popup, stun, and trip. (By the way, as far as I know, pain immunity appears to stop character from flinching when attack from behind or by bosses.)

Visual Changes:
*Includes my versions of his XML1 and XML2 loading screens.
-The XML1 loading screen is a higher quality version of that image that I found and AI Upscaled.
-The XML2 loading screen is a higher quality version of that image that I found and removed the XML2 logo from it.
*Includes my version of his unused XML1 X-Treme Gear loading screen, which I found and AI Upscaled.
*Includes my higher quality version of his XML2 character select portrait.
*Includes new skins, huds, 3D heads, and visor boltons by BaconWizard17.
*I've used BaconWizard17's version of his icons.
-Optic Sweep uses Focused Beam's icon.
-I've recolored his version of Jubilee's Point Blank icon and used it for Cyclops's version of that power.
-I used his version of Wolverine's Lethal Lunge icon for Cyclops's Roundhouse Kick power.
*Optic Beam uses a recolored version of its XML1 Retail beam effect and the XML2 Ultimate Patch version of its impact effect.
*Optic Flash uses the XML2 Ultimate Patch version of its effect.
-I removed the camera shake from it.
*Deploy Pylon uses the XML2 Ultimate Patch version of its effects.
*Optic Sweep uses the same impact effect I used for Optic Beam, the projectile effect is a recolored version of the effect Iron Man's MUA1 Uni-Beam power uses, and the charge effect is the XML2 Ultimate Patch version of Optic Beam's charge effect.
*Roundhouse Kick uses effects I made.
*Command uses the XML2 Ultimate Patch version of its aura effect and the XML2 Ultimate Patch version of Tactics's charge effect.
*Tactics uses recolored versions of its XML1 Retail effects because its XML2 effects are almost identical to Command's.
*Optic Rage uses the XML2 Ultimate Patch versions of its effects.
-I've removed the weird thing the power effect does where it tints the whole screen red while the power is being used.
*For Optic Rage, he now removes his visor, as it was originally intended in XML1 and 2 but was cut out.
*Flawless Tactics uses a modified and recolored version of his MUA1 DLC Combat X-pertise aura effect and a charge effect I created because its XML2 effects are almost identical to Command's.
*His unique popup attack the same impact effect I used for Optic Beam and uses the XML2 Ultimate Patch version of Optic Beam's charge effect.

Bonuses:
*Bonus Optic Rage Visor Boltons:
-By default, when he removes his visor for Optic Rage, the visor bolton model in his hands is always the one from his 01 skin. These are the ones for his other skins.
*Bonus Loading Screens:
-XML1 Promo Cyclops and Wolverine: a high quality XML1 promo image that I AI Upscaled.

Skin List:
-Skin: Ultimate XML2 (0101)
-Skin_Astonishing: Astonishing (0102)
-Skin_AOA: AOA (0103)
-Skin_60s: Original (0104)
-Skin_70s: Classic (0105)
-Skin_WeaponX: 90s (0106)
-Skin_Future: X-Treme Gear (0107)
-Skin_Winter: Winter Alt XML1 Prototype (0108)
-Skin_Civilian: Ultimate XML2 Civilian (0109)

Credits:
*BaconWizard17: skins, huds, 3D heads, visor boltons, making Optic Rage properly remove his visor and be in his hands.
*Cohollow: XML2 Ultimate Patch fixes to Command's skill points and Polarized Beam's damage level up info, XML2 Ultimate Patch versions of effects
*Official Characters Pack: MUA1 Cyclops conversion

Changelog:
Spoiler
*v1.4:
-Fixed issue with one of the effects.
*v1.3:
-Fixed issue with Optic Sweep.
*v1.2:
-Included packages for new skin number for CyclopsSimple.
*v1.1:
-Added instructions on how to change the skin number of the CyclopsSimple NPC version since my booster changes his skin numbers.