Original mod bio by Ninja Kyden:
After chance encounters with Ego the Living Planet and a primordial Phoenix Force, a consciousness awoke within an undiscovered star on the edge of a distant galaxy.
Curious from the stories told by Ego, this unnamed star developed a desire to visit other galaxies and worlds, especially Earth.
But stars, though massive and powerful, are relatively fixed in their places in the cosmos.
The unnamed star became despondent that it wouldn't be able to venture beyond its empty corner of space.
Reaching out with its new consciousness, it sent out a plea into the universe. And the universe answered.
The star became a shooting star, passing through the void of space and hurtling through galaxies.
Driven by its curiosity, it sped toward Earth, finally colliding with the planet in a shower of rock and light and smoke.
That night, Beast, Professor Xavier, and Cyclops were performing maintenance and testing new upgrades to their equipment.
They soon became aware of the instant formation of a new crater north of New York City and quickly prepped a team to investigate.
Unknown to them, Sentinels were also nearby and had detected the crash.
While the mutant-hunting robots took to the air, so did the X-Jet, Sentinels and X-Men converging on the fallen star's location at the same time.
The star, meanwhile, was shaking off the dust and debris from its crash landing, realizing with surprise *it* was now a *he*.
The star in human form crawled out of the crater just as Sentinels were firing off their first lasers at the X-Men emerging from the jet.
Not sure how to register this new entity, the Sentinels classified him as an unknown threat and fired on him. The star dodged out of the way and quickly shook off his surprise.
When he'd recovered his footing he instinctively shot a gamma ray at the robot, while Cyclops immediately followed up with an optic blast.
Professor Xavier distracted the other Sentinel, giving Beast time to rush it and deliver an acrobatic kick.
This gave time for the star to summon down a rain of meteors, which collided into the chest and feet of the Sentinels, knocking them to the ground and pounding into their metal frames.
With the Sentinels defeated, the X-Men celebrated their victory with a new ally.
Beast named this once unnamed star from a distant, empty corner of the universe "Saien," from a name in a novel Beast had been enjoying.
His powers unknown, his mind curious, and his heart full of hope and excitement, Saien decided to join the X-Men and learn and enjoy all he could about what it means to be human.
Inspiration source according to Ninja Kyden:
I'm not really sure why - probably because of Final Fantasy - but the idea of being able to hurl meteors and comets down on your enemies fascinates me.
I've loved the idea of "cosmic" powers for a long time.
The idea for Saien came from wanting to create a character with nearly this exact power set.
As I got better at modding, I realized I could achieve my dream of raining down meteors and opening up black holes, at least by proxy.
Until I have those powers in real life, this mod will have to do.
-Reworked Saien's Luminosity Special Passive from original XML2 mod into a custom talent.
-Added a reused grabsmash from Captain Marvel
-Made new custom HUDs for all eight of Saien's skins, thanks to generous sharing of original XML2 mod visual assets from Ninja Kyden
-Made an entirely new set of icons from scratch
-Reworked voice files to only use Robbie Daymond's Nova voice from Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 originally included with XML2 mod files and not simultaneously using Troy Baker's voice clips for Nova from Marvel vs. Capcom 3 as well anymore, as the two sound nothing alike and Daymond's performance sounds better on Saien in my personal opinion.
Luminosity Combo Strings:
Saien has some extra powers activated by doing special combos, block evading or while flying:
-Do an extra light attack at the end of the light attack 3 finisher.
-Do an extra heavy attack at the end of heavy attack 2 finisher.
-Light and heavy attacks while flying.
-Heavy attack while jumping or during a sideflip dodge.
-6 powers, 3 boosts and an Xtreme
-Abilities of might, flight and Luminosity (Saien gains access to special melee finishers as he levels up)
-8 hex-edited skins, HUDs, loading screen, icons and voice/sound file
-Uses assigned number #112 (will clash with Okoye and Supergirl in mannequin).
1. Meteor Storm: Saien will either throw a meteor or place a generated energy trap on the ground that fires meteors at enemies for a few seconds, depending on whether power button is tapped or held down.
2. Solar Flare: Saien releases a blast of fire with temperatures rivalling that of the sun, dealing fire damage as enemies are knocked to the ground. Upgrade power to lower overall enemy defenses too!
3. Comet: Saien will either rain down a comet from the sky or take to the skies and charge forward into an enemy, depending on whether power button is tapped or held down.
4. Gamma Rays: Saien will either irradiate enemies with a concentrated split beam or rain down multiple beams from outer space, damage stacking on the latter. Ultimately depends on whether power button is tapped or held down.
5. Warped Space: Saien opens a rift in space-time, bringing forth the cold of deep space as enemies get frozen solid and slowed down for a time.
6. Planets Collide: Saien causes an explosion possessing the force of colliding planets, damaging and stunning surrounding enemies whilst dealing more damage to nearby threats.
7. (Debuff) Quasar: Saien flings objects and enemies around with the intensity of a luminous celestial object, if power is fully charged. Only creates a single cosmic blast if power button is tapped. Upgrade to increase chances for a deadly strike!
8. (Boost) Energy Flow: Saien controls the cosmic forces in the surrounding area, converting a portion of damage dealt by him or received from foes into health or energy. Hold button down for full effect!
9. (Boost) Starburst: Saien accesses his inner cosmos, increasing all stats and movement speed for entire team temporarily at the cost of all his energy.
10. (Xtreme) Chaotic Cosmos: Saien breaks down all forms of energy and matter in the current room, dealing high damage over time to enemies.
Ceamonks890- MUA1 Conversion, HUDs, icons
Ninja Kyden- Original Saien XML2 mod assets and code
BaconWizard17, Cohollow, Maxdemon6, Maegawa, Matt710, nodoubt_jr, Shadowslacks, Stickbro & Wolfblade111- Original contributors to Saien XML2 mod
Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/461zrhgw61bwtjk/Saien_%2528XML2_OC_import%2529-_Ninja_Kyden_%2526_Ceamonks890.7z/file