Hello

Welcome, Guest. To unlock the rest of the forums
please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Cyborg Sun's Character Factory  (Read 694 times)

Offline Cyborg Sun

• Uncanny Member
  • Upvotes: 0
Cyborg Sun's Character Factory
« on: October 25, 2022, 11:28pm »
Welcome everyone! This is the thread I will use to post any character mods I make for Marvel Ultimate Alliance, one of my favorite games of all time. How many will I end up making? Who knows, but I hope you all enjoy them. Let the battle against the Masters of Evil begin anew!

DISCLAIMER:
Do not sell these mods for money and don't pass them off as your own. Grave consequences will come to you if you try to pull these stunts, got it?

Before making a booster of any of my mods, please ask for my full permission as long as I am still active in the community, whether it be the forums or on Discord. If/when I'm inactive in the community for a long time, however, then you can do whatever you want with them. Alternatively, you can send me any files you've made/modified for my mods, and I'll consider adding them in an update.

Take the regular precautions when installing mods. Don't come crying to me if your game completely breaks apart due to improper installation.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 02:20pm by Cyborg Sun »

Offline Cyborg Sun

• Uncanny Member
Re: Cyborg Sun's Character Factory
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 11:51pm »
KUNG FU MAN

Meet my very first character mod, Kung Fu Man! Who is this guy? Well, despite the generic name, he's actually rather iconic, as he is the starter character who is bundled with every download of M.U.G.E.N, a popular customizable fighting game engine.

Hailing from another universe, there existed a simple martial artist whose real name was known to no one; he was only referred to as "Kung Fu Man", named after his perfected Kung Fu style. This simple man led a simple life, with a loving girlfriend at his side.

But all of that would change, as one fateful day, while on a walk with his girlfriend, his archenemy Suave Dude and his minions would ambush them, kidnapping Kung Fu Man's girlfriend.

Traveling to Suave Dude's secret abandoned mountainside temple hideout, Kung Fu Man found himself facing a near-identical copy of himself. While he emerged from the fight victorious in the end, Kung Fu Man sadly found himself in a strange paradox: Suave Dude's character was never created, thus he never truly... existed? Unable to get his girlfriend back, Kung Fu Man then cried in the corner for what seemed like hours...

But then, during his sob session, he noticed an interdimensional portal had opened right behind him. Kung Fu Man had a feeling that this portal was where Suave Dude may have fled. Clenching his fist, he ran into the portal, not caring what he had to face next. What he couldn't have realized was that he involved himself in the biggest interdimensional fight in the omniverse.

What started as a simple quest to save his girlfriend became a mad dash through several universes. Over the course of many years, possibly even decades or centuries, Kung Fu Man would fight against and alongside a large variety of characters. There were too many to describe; some were fellow martial artists, others were superheroes, many were other variants of himself, and then there were the countless weird fighters... name a character, and chances are, Kung Fu Man has met, beaten, and been beaten by several variants of them.

But no matter how tough the fights got, Kung Fu Man never forgot his original quest. He knew that one day, he would find Suave Dude and finally save his girlfriend. And in that quest, he's made several allies (which has saved him plenty of times, as he could rely on those with healing powers to revive him if he was ever seriously injured, or even straight-up killed), not the least of which were the heroes of Earth-7150, a variant of the Marvel universe.

During a routine training session with some of his interdimensional partners, Kung Fu Man would be visited by the Exiles, who warned him of a dire threat that could threaten a large chunk the multiverse. While he was of course willing to help, he was also surprised to hear that a large number of other beings from across the omniverse were also being summoned to this one Earth in particular. With such an impressive cast assembling... could Suave Dude be among them?

Assuming his signature battle stance, Kung Fu Man traveled back to this Earth without a second thought, not only hoping to fight new strong opponents, but also to finally find answers concerning the location of his long-lost girlfriend and reunite with her once and for all...

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts and an Xtreme.
-Abilities of might and leadership.
-4 hex-edited skins, HUDs, 1 loading screen, icons and sound/voice file using sound effects from the base M.U.G.E.N engine (including the announcer voice and the few voice lines KFM himself has).
-Uses assigned number #122, and skin numbers 13-16 (Clashes with Mach-V and Conan the Barbarian in mannequin and loadscreens only).

MOVESET:
1. Kung Fu Palm: A basic palm strike technique that Kung Fu Man has perfected. Believe it or not, it's not for novices.
2. Kung Fu Upper: Kung Fu Man performs a basic uppercut, sending enemies flying upwards.
3. Kung Fu Zankou: Kung Fu Man performs a shoulder attack which knocks down enemies. (Chargeable)
4. Kung Fu Knee: Kung Fu Man adapts his rising knee attack into a grounded strike which stuns enemies.
5. Kung Fu Blow: Kung Fu Man adapts his Kung Fu Blow technique into a 360 spin, useful for knocking down groups of enemies who swarm him.
6. (Boost) Kung Fu Intuition: Having already fought hundreds of versions of these enemies, Kung Fu Man is able to easily predict their movements, slowing down time for him and his allies.
7. (Boost) Kung Fu Cheapie: For some unexplainable reason, Kung Fun Man is able to draw power from one of his more overpowered alternate universe selves, increasing attack speed and damage.
8. (Xtreme) Kung Fu Debugging: Kung Fu Man calls upon the M.U.G.E.N engine's debug keys to power himself up and perform a massive slam.

NEEDS:
-Proper skins. No official KFM model exists, but a retexture of Ryu should do the trick. I would also like an Akuma retexture for the Kung Fu Fan skin, another Ryu retexture for Evil KFM, and a proper Kung Fu Girl skin. For now, they are using placeholders.

CREDITS:
Cyborg Sun - Mod creation.
Waggens7uP - Mannequin creation.
Outsider - For his tutorial, which has been an invaluable guide to help me create my very first mod. Plus, his Akuma mod from which I took the placeholder skins.
Ceamonks890 - For encouraging me to take on the mod, even with a lack of a proper skin (while also giving me the idea to use placeholders for other mods I want to eventually make).
aky2ny - For assistance with sound files when I briefly struggled with them.
The M.U.G.E.N community - For inspiration of the alternate skins + his 7th power.
The rest of the Marvel Mods community - For being an endless source of fun for one of my all-time favorite games. I hope you all enjoy my first modding endeavor!

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/6gwf87etaba33wu/Kung_Fu_Man_for_MUA_-_Cyborg_Sun.zip/file
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 09:24am by Cyborg Sun »

Offline dwoga
  • Uncanny Member
Re: Cyborg Sun's Character Factory
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2022, 09:01pm »
i never though I'll see Kung Fu Man himself in something like MUA, very creative idea!