Enigma's Spider-Man Mod

Started by Enigma, November 28, 2022, 03:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 28, 2022, 03:53PM Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 07:33PM by Enigma
:spiderman:Enigma's Spider-Man Mod v6.2 :spiderman:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cn7rnIpRrsKpLGb-OUsa8ZS0y-AQVJoV/view?usp=sharing

This is my Spider-Man mod.
For this mod, I've used elements and ideas from the following sources: MUA1 Retail PS2, MUA1 Prototype, MUA2 Wii, and iammingy's XML2 Spider-Man mod, MUA2 PS3 and Spider-Man 1 for PS1. I've also used the MUA1 Prototype skeleton, which includes more and different animations. I've made fixes to all the powers where necessary.
He contains the following:

Sounds:
*A voicepack featuring Quinton Flynn's as Spider-Man from MUA1.
-I've added to them using various unused MUA1 lines, NPC lines, and Dark Spider-Man's grunts. multiplayer only Stats lines, lines from his NPC conversations and the 3 Pain grunts and 1 Death grunt from the MUA1 Dark Spider-Man boss, also voiced by Flynn.
-There are 3 grunts that MUA1 appears to use for power sounds (or something along those lines). I've repurposed 2 of them as grunts.
*Also, I've rearranged his MUA1 power sounds to fit the new powerset. Some of his MUA1 power sounds appear to not be used, but I have used them for this mod. I've also made use of his MUA1 Prototype power sounds, as it contains many that aren't in the Retail version.
-For his Web Bullets power, in MUA1, the power picks from 3 random sound effects for the bullets. Dark Spider-Man has 2 unique Web Bullet sound effects. The MUA1 Prototype has 2 unique Web Bullet sound effect. I've added these, so that now, Web Bullets randomly picks from between all 7 of its official sound effects.
-His Web Swinging uses his MUA1 Retail Web Swining power sound. I've coded it to loop and added some silence onto the end of the sound so that it'll work properly with the way I've coded the power.
-Web Snare uses its MUA1 Retail power sounds.
-Spider Sense use his MUA1 Retail power sound.
-Web Gloves uses an unused MUA1 Retail power sound.
-Electro Proof uses his MUA1 Prototype Spider Sense power sound.
-Slingshot it uses an unused MUA1 Prototype sound for the charge and the sound it uses in MUA1 Retail when he releases.
-For the MUA1 Prototype's Bungee Bash, it uses its MUA1 Prototype power sound, but it's MUA1 Prototype impact sound is missing, so I've used 1 of his unused MUA1 Retail impact sounds and 3 of his unused MUA1 Prototype impact sounds instead.
-Web Mace uses Spider-Man's 3 fusion power sounds. The game randomly picks from among them.
-Bungee Bash also uses the same sound as Web Swinging because he's also swinging in this power.
-Spider Armor uses his MUA1 Retail Web Shield power sound.

Powers:
*He uses his MUA1 Prototype skeleton, which I've edited to get his Web Bullets animations and heavy melee attack animations working correctly.
-I've hex edited it so that he uses his MUA1 idle animation.
-I also removed a duplicate animation, as 1 of his heavy attack animation and 1 of his stun animations was the same.
*He has proper working Web Swinging, which I've done by using his MUA1 Prototype animations combined with new coding his Web Swinging similar to Iceman and Magma's slide powers. This also means Web Swinging is now a full proper power.
-If Spider-Man touches an enemy while Web Swinging, he will now knock them out of the way and keep swinging, like in MUA1, instead of stopping swinging.
-If you stop Web Swinging, you can now re-engage it if you're still in the air, like in MUA1.
-He now has double jump like in MUA1. He starts web swinging when you triple jump like in MUA1, although unlike MUA1, you need to press jump 3 times instead of holding it down the second time like in MUA1.
-Changed Web Swinging's turn rate to match MUA1's to make it Web Swinging easier to control.
-Reduced Web Swinging's EP consumption a little.
-Fixed issue with Web Swinging's knockback not working.
-Increased amount of knockback Web Swinging does.
*Added his MUA1 boost Spidey Sense, which I've renamed Spider Sense. I used the MUA1 Prototype version and fixed an issue with its leveling information.
-This boost now only affects Spider-Man, because it doesn't make sense for it to affect the whole party.
-It now only increases his Movement Speed instead of also slowing down the whole world, because that part doesn't work in XML2, and it's powerful enough already anyway.
-I've made this boost now also reveal hidden enemies.
-I've sped up the animation speed of it.
*He uses iammingy's version of Web Snare, but it now uses its MUA1 Prototype animations.
-I've used some coding from MUA1 Prototype to get the beam to come out of the right spot.
-The beam now only fires from his right hand to match the new animation.
-It's now listed as a Trap power.
-If you use this on an enemy that's in midair, such while they're popped up into the air, the power will suspend them in midair. Because of this, and because of its overall similarity to Hangman, I've chosen not to include that power.
*I created a new powered based upon his MUA2 PS3 power Web Mace.
*Added a rebalanced version of his MUA2 Wii Spider Reflexes passive. It allows a chance for him to dodge all forms of attack.
*Because his Web Shield boost is similar to this, I've replaced it with a new boost: Electro Proof, in which he wears his Electro Proof suit and nullifies all Elemental and Energy damage.
*I've added another new boost: Web Gloves.
*I used the iammingy version of Slingshot, but changed its AI type to projectile near, which is what it uses in the MUA1 Prototype.
-This power no longer does both Mental and Physical damage. It only does Physical damage.
*I used iammingy's Web Mastery passive, which I've changed to be more similar to the default characters' Mastery passives.
*I've replaced his Bungee Bash Xtrene with the MUA1 Prototype's completely different Bungee Bash Xtreme, which I've extensively modified and recoded so that it will work properly in XML2.
*He has a 2nd Xtreme. Inspired by the 2000 PS1 Spider-Man game, Spidey puts on his Spider Armor and becomes invincible and deal more damage.
-He uses Ultimate VeNoM's Shattered Dimensions Spider Armor skin for this.
*I added the Regeneration passive that several XML2 default characters have.
*Web Bullets now puts out fires and both it and Web Snare now say they do in their descriptions.
*His autospend is now bruiser_light, which is what it is in the MUA1 Prototype.
*Rewrote power descriptions and fixed typos with level up text.
*Redid all AI coding, combo text, and power requirements.
*Reorganized all power coding to be easier to keep track of everything.
*Removed all unneeded coding.
*Damage scale and damage type are no longer missing in a few places in powerstyle.

Visuals:
*For Web Bullets, he uses his MUA1 Prototype Web Bullets effects and textures.
*For Web Snare, he uses his MUA1 Retail effects as well as the effects and models iammingy made for his version of it.
*For Web Swinging, he uses his MUA1 Prototype Web Swinging effect and texture.
-Bungee Bash and Slingshot also use this effect.
*For Slingshot's trail effect, I've recolored it to white.
*For Spider Sense, he uses his MUA1 Prototype Spidey Sense textures and 1 of its effects.
*For Web Mace, I retextured the Loki Troll Mace from MUA1 PS2 and created a new effect.
*For Web Gloves, I used the white versions of Mr. Fantastic's fists from MUA1 PS2.
*For Electro Proof, I've created a new effect.
*Spider Armor uses a modified version of one of Iceman's unused XML2 effects.
*His texture icon (what appears in the main menu/skirmish Danger Room) is now correct.
*His icons are now in the same quality as they are in MUA1.
-I've added his 3 MUA2 Wii exclusive icons, which I've AI Upscaled, to his MUA1 PC icons.
-I've added the Regeneration icon that is used for that passive for all default XML2 characters that have it.
-I've edited his MUA1 and MUA2 Wii icons so that the red circles around them are now big enough to fill XML2's full icon circles and so that the MUA2 Wii icons will fit in better with the MUA1 icons.
*I've made packages for all 9 default skin slots that allow his icons can appear in higher quality in the character select menu and so that each skin can have a unique hud and 3D head, which they all now do.
-These are also the X-Men Legends II Ulitmate Patch-style streamlined packages.
*I've redone his Iron Spider, Scarlet Spider, and Dark, and MUA1 huds so that they'll work in XML2, and be same quality and resolution as they are in MUA1.
*I made a XML2 style hud for his Black Suit skin.
*For the Classic skin, I've made a new conversation hud using his MUA1 loading screen. The default versions of his MUA1 Classic conversation hud is a bonus and the OCP version is used for the Classic with Big Eyes skin because they use art from his unused MUA1 big eyes loading screen.
*I used his MUA1 Prototype 3D head for his Classic skin and I've reskinned this 3D head to make new ones for all his other skins, including the bonus ones.
-For his Black Suit skin, I made a new 3D head.
*All skins, conversation huds, and 3D heads are hex edited.
*I've redone his character select portrait based upon his MUA1 loading screen.
*Includes my versions of his 2 loading screens from MUA1: his classic one and the one with him and Blackheart.
*Skins:
-He uses UltimateVeNoM's Spider Armor skin for his Spider Armor Xtreme.
-He uses UltimateVeNoM's Electro Proof skin for his Electro Proof boost.
-For his normal skins, he uses all 5 MUA1 skins: Classic, Black Suit, Scarlet Spider, Iron Spider, and Dark. I fixed issues with the Classic version's texture. I made a new version of his Black Suit skin and 3D head that I've fixed all the issues with the texture and model as well as added a blue reflective environmental mapping to.
-He also uses iammingy's 2099 skin.
-He has no Age of Apocalypse skin, so that slot is occupied by a skin featuring his costume from the cartoon Spider-Man Unlimited, as that cartoon was set in a post-apocalyptic alternate universe and that felt like a good fit to me.
-Since there are no existing skins that fit the 60s and Civilian slots, those are empty for now.
-All default skins and skin swap skins have been Cel Shaded by tubularspaceman (except for the default Black Suit one and the Peter Parker one), with help from UltraMegaMagnus with the Classic model and providing its textures.
-I made a Peter Parker 90s Animated Series skin, along with a 3D head and hud.

Bonuses:

**MUA1 Prototype Web Swinging Effect

**Spider-Armor MKII Skin Swap:

**Bonus Skins:
*2099 Captain Universe
*Ben Reilly
*Classic with Big Eyes:
-I made this skin. It's my version of Spider-Man's unused MUA1 Classic skin with big eyes.
-Originally, Spider-Man's Classic skin was supposed to have big eyes in MUA1, but it was replaced with the small eyes version for the game's final release.
-There were multiple different official designs of this (an unused loading screen, 2 different unused cutscene models, and a MUA1 promo playing card), but there aren't any screenshots of an in-game skin, so I made my own design that's based upon these.
-This design is also used for the unused MUA1 Alternate loading screen, the conversation hud and character select portrait I made based off of it, and the official MUA1 Classic hud.
-There are 2 huds included: The MUA1 Official Characters Pack version of his MUA1 Classic Conversation Hud (They removed the shadow behind his head and redid the blue glow) and a XML2 style version I did based upon his unused MUA1 big eyes loading screen, which is also what the MUA1 Classic conversation hud uses art from.
*Classic with Medium Eyes:
-I made this skin. It's my version of Spider-Man's unused medium eyes version of his MUA1 Classic skin.
-Here's the story behind this skin: In the MUA1 Special Edition DVD's behind the scenes videos, a cutscene model sheet is shown of Spider-Man with eyes that are about halfway between the small eyes version used in MUA1 Retail and the unused big eyes version. (Both of those versions also have cutscene model sheets available else where that I've compared the medium eyes version to.) These "medium sized eyes" are roughly the same size as the eyes on the MUA1 Dark Spider-Man boss skin and it's corresponding hud. The Dark eyes on the skin texture have various black "tendrils" coming out of them at various angles on the outside and inside of the eyes. I've removed the eyes from the Dark Spider-Man skin texture and modified them to remove these and smooth out all of the odd angles. I then added the eyes to my version of Spider-Man's MUA1 Classic texture that I had previously modified to fix various flaws and issues with it.
-I made conversation huds by taking the PS3 version of his MUA1 Spider-Man Dark hud (which already has the glow and background removed), recoloring it to match Spider-Man's Classic skin, altering the eyes in the same way I did the skin texture, and fixing various issues with the original hud art by repainting various parts of it. I've done MUA1 versions with both blue and red glows as well as an XML2 version that uses a background I made using part of his MUA1 loading screen.
*Dusk
*Flipside
*John Romita Sr
-I made this skin. It's my version of John Romita Sr's design. In addition to new eyes, the blue is also lighter to match how it looks in the 60s comics.
*Negative Zone
-I made this skin and 3D head.
-I also made the conversation hud. I used part of a Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions promotional render of this costume.
*Noir
*Noir Captain Universe
*Secret War
*Steve Ditko Amazing
-I made this skin. It's my skin of Spider-Man's design by Steve Ditko from the 60s Amazing Spider-Man series. In addition to new eyes, the blue is also lighter to match how it looks in the 60s comics.
*Steve Ditko Original
-I made this skin. It's my version of Spider-Man's original design by Steve Ditko.
*Superior Spider-Man

**Non-Cel Shaded Default Skins

**Bonus Character Select Portraits:
*Custom Negative Zone Character Select Portrait
-Uses the same art the conversation hud does.
*Custom Peter Parker 90s Animated Series
*MUA1 Cover Character Select Portrait
-A character select portrait I made based upon the unused full and uncropped version of the cropped Spider-Man character art used on MUA1's cover. I edited it to remove the logo across Spider-Man's chest.
*MUA1 Prototype Character Select Portrait
-A version of his unused MUA1 Prototype character select portrait I remade by using a higher quality version of the source image I found.
*MUA1 Promo Cards Character Select Portrait
-A character select portrait I made using Spider-Man's art from the MUA1 promo deck of playing cards. I used a higher quality version of the art from artist Oogie Lee's portfolio.
*MUA1 Unused Loading Screen Character Select Portrait
-A character select portrait I made using Spider-Man's unused MUA1 alternate loading screen.

**Bonus Conversation Huds:
*Custom Peter Parker 90s Animated Series MUA1 Style
*MUA1 Cover Conversation Hud
-A conversation hud I made based upon the unused full and uncropped version of the cropped Spider-Man character art used on MUA1's cover. I edited it to remove the logo across Spider-Man's chest.
*MUA1 Default Classic Conversation Hud
-The original version of his MUA1 Classic Conversation Hud.
-It uses art from the Unused MUA1 Spider-Man Alternate Loading Screen.
*MUA1 Promo Cards Conversation Hud
-A conversation hud I made using Spider-Man's art from the MUA1 promo deck of playing cards. I used a higher quality version of the art from artist Oogie Lee's portfolio.

**Bonus Loading Screens:
*Custom Black Suit
*Custom Iron Spider
*Custom Scarlet Spider
*Custom Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends
*MUA1 Promo Card
*Spider-Man 2000 Game Cover with Big Eyes
*Spider-Man 2000 Game Cover with Small Eyes
*Unused MUA1 Cover Spider-Man with Small Eyes
*Unused MUA1 Cover Spider-Man With Big Eyes
*Unused MUA1 Spider-Man Alternate
*Unused MUA1 Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Galactus

*Concept Art

*I've made a Spider-Man Danger Room challenge.

*Rino Romano Voicepack by tubularspaceman.

*Josh Keaton EOT Voicepack by tubular-spaceman:

*Alternate Spider Sense Effect

Skins List:
-Skin: Classic (18801)
-Skin_Astonishing: Iron Spider (18802)
-Skin_AOA: Unlimited (18803)
-Skin_60s: Steve Ditko Amazing Fantasy 15 (18804)
-Skin_70s: Black Suit (18805)
-Skin_WeaponX: Scarlet Spider (18806)
-Skin_Future: 2099 (18807)
-Skin_Winter: Dark (18808)
-Skin_Civilian: Peter Parker 90s Animated Series (18809)
-Skin Swap 1: Electro Proof (18800)
-Skin Swap 2: Spider Armor (18810)

Changelog:
Spoiler
*v6.2:
-How Web Swing ends now works more like it does in MUA1, where you can start swinging again before you hit the ground.
-Slowed down speed of Web Swing to be easier to control.
-Spider-Man's Web Mace power now can't be interrupted by enemies because when it could, the bolton wouldn't disappear unless the power was used again.
-Fixed a few minor things in powerstyle.
-Made XML2-style huds for his Iron Spider, Scarlet Spider and Dark skins. The MUA1 huds are now bonuses.
-Fixed an issue with packages.
*v6.1:
-Replaced his Black Suit skin and 3D head with new versions that I've fixed all the issues with the texture and model as well as added a blue reflective environmental mapping to. I've also included a non-Cel Shaded version of this skin.
-Added a new XML2 style hud for his Black Suit skin.
-Fixes to Slingshot's coding.
-Streamlined powerstyle coding.
-The Black Suit Randy Schueller skin is now available separately.
*v6.0:
-Added Peter Parker 90s skin in the civilian slot, made by me.
-Added alternate Black Suit with White Cel Shading by tubularspacedude.
-Alternate Spider Sense Effect files updated to match powerstyle changes from update 5.9.
-Rebalanced Web Bullets.
-Since his Might can now level up to level 2, I've removed the part of his Spider Armor Xtreme Boost that increases his Might.
*v5.9:
-If Spider-Man touches an enemy while Web Swinging, he will now knock them out of the way and keep swinging, like in MUA1, instead of stopping swinging.
-If you stop Web Swinging, you can now re-engage it if you're still in the air, like in MUA1.
-He now has double jump like in MUA1. He starts web swinging when you triple jump like in MUA1, although unlike MUA1, you need to press jump 3 times instead of holding it down the second time like in MUA1.
-Changed Web Swinging's turn rate to match MUA1's to make it Web Swinging easier to control.
-Reduced Web Swinging's EP consumption a little.
-Fixed issue with Web Swinging's knockback not working.
-Increased amount of knockback Web Swinging does.
-Added bonus Josh Keaton Edge of Time voicepack by tubular-spaceman.
*v5.8:
-Removed some unneeded coding from powerstyle.
-Added bonus Alternate Spider Sense Effect.
-Minor typo fix.
*v5.7:
-His Spider-Armor Xtreme Boost can't be used in the main menu Danger Room skirmish mode anymore to be balanced with the default characters' Xtreme Boosts that make them invulnerable also not being usable there.
*v5.6:
-Might can now level up to level 2.
*v5.5:
-Made some corrections to Web Gloves' description.
*v5.4:
-Added 3 banter lines each for Blade and Dr Strange that were in his MUA1 voicefile but are unused. I've added support for banter lines for both of those characters to the X-Men -Legends II Ultimate Patch, so these banter lines won't play until that is released.
Added bonus Rino Romano voicepack by tubularspaceman.
*v5.3:
-Made various minor fixes to Web Gloves.
-Fixed minor coding mistake with Electro Proof.
*v5.2:
-Added Classic with Medium Eyes skin.
*v5.1:
-Fixed issue with Regeneration's level up info.
-Added bonus conversation hud and character select portrait based upon the Unused MUA1 Cover Spider-Man With Big Eyes Full loading screen.
*v5.0:
-Since I now know the MUA1 Classic Default and OCP conversation hud is actually of the unused big eyes skin and not the default small eyes skin, I've move it and the version I did to the Classic with Big Eyes skin folder. The MUA1 loading screen conversation hud is now the default.
-I've made a skin of Steve Ditko's design from Amazing Fantasy 15 and included that in the 60s slot. I've also done a hud and 3D head.
-Added versions of MUA1 Classic Default, Black Suit, Dark, and Iron Spider skins and 3D heads which I've fixed as many issues and flaws with the original textures as possible. tubularspaceman made the Cel Shaded versions.
-Updated the MUA1 Classic and Classic with Big Eyes skins and 3D heads. I've fixed as many issues and flaws with the original textures as possible.
-Included a Spider-Carnage skin. It uses BLaw's Spider-Carnage texture. tubularspaceman made the Cel Shaded version and I made the non-Cel Shaded version, the 3D head and the conversation hud (which uses art by Lucio Parrillo).
-Included a bonus Spider-Carnage character select portrait (which uses art by Lucio Parrillo).
*Updated fixed versions of all Cel Shaded skins by tubularspaceman.
*Added Unused MUA1 Cover Spider-Man With Big Eyes Full bonus loading screen. This is the unused full and uncropped version of the cropped Spider-Man character art used on the MUA1 Promo Playing Cards cover as well as prerelease versions of MUA1's cover for various platforms. It features Spider-Man with his unused MUA1 big eyes skin. The shape and details of the head and part of the neck are also different. I AI Upscaled and denoised Spider-Man's head from the PSP prerelease box art, edited it on the the small eyes cover I did previously, and did some painting to hide the seams.
*I've made the following alternate skins, along with matching huds and 3D heads: John Romita Sr, Steve Ditko Original, Steve Ditko Amazing, Black Suit Randy Schueller.
*v4.1:
-Fixed levelup info for Slingshot.
-Added Negative Zone skin, conversation hud, and character select portrait.
*v4.0:
-Added my version of Spider-Man's unused big eyes version of his MUA1 Classic skin.
-Added Unused MUA1 Cover Spider-Man Full as a bonus loading screen. This is the unused full and uncropped version of the cropped Spider-Man character art used on MUA1's cover. I edited it to remove the logo across Spider-Man's chest.
-Added bonus conversation hud and character select portrait based upon the Unused MUA1 Cover Spider-Man Full.
-Redid the bonus MUA1 Promo Card conversation hud and character select portrait based on a higher quality version from artist Oogie Lee's portfolio.
-Added bonus MUA1 Promo Card loading screen. I AI Upscaled the higher quality version mentioned above, extended it on all sides with the same shade of white used for its background, and cropped it to the dimensions of a loading screen.
-Added bonus loading screens based off of a high quality version of the Spider-Man 2000 PS1 game box art without logos that I found. There are 2 versions. One is the original version I found and features small eyes (which the game box doesn't so this is presumably an unused variant of the art) and for the other, I AI Upscaled the Amazing Spider-Man 2001 Annual cover, which uses big eyes like the game box does, and edited the eye parts into the image. For both, I fixed an issue on the right side of Spider-Man's head and Denoised them.
-Added bonus Custom Iron Spider Loading Screen, using art by John Becaro
-Added bonus Custom Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends Loading Screen, using art by Peter Nguyen.
-Updated installation instructions.
*v3.0:
-Added Cel Shaded versions of all bonus skins by tubularspacedude.
-All non-Cel Shaded skins are now included as bonuses.
-Added bonus Unused MUA1 Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Galactus Loading Screen.
-All Bonus Skins now have huds.
-All Bonus Skins now have preview images.
-I redid all huds for all non-MUA1 costumes.
-Fixed EP being used twice for Slingshot power.
*v2.0:
-Replaced default skins and skin swap skins with Cel Shaded versions by tubularspacedude, with help from UltraMegaMagnus with the Classic model and providing its textures
-Added new bonus loading screen: Unused MUA1 Spider-Man Alternate, which is the unused original version of his loading screen and has big eyes and various other coloring differences on his costume. I repaired (to remove logos and add missing parts), restored, and AI Upscaled it.
-Added new bonus character select portrait and conversation hud based upon the unused alternate loading screen.
-Fixed minor mistake I'd made with the package files.
*v1.1:
-Web Mastery now affects Bungee Bash.
-Added a default XML2 texture to his package files that won't be in the permanent file in the Ultimate Patch.

Credits:
*epicandragon94: troubleshooting
*iammingy: original Spider-Man mod, Unlimited skin, Ben Reilly skin, 2099 skin,
*Ultimate VeNoM: Noir skin, Noir Captain Universe skin, Spider Armor skin, Electro Proof skin, Flipside skin, Dusk skin, Superior Spider-Man skin, Spider-Armor MKII Skin, 2099 Captain Universe skin, Secret War skin,
*Official Characters Pack: their version of Spider-Man's Classic MUA1 Hud
*metal venger1: finding alternate Spider-Man loading screen, which I repaired and restored
*tubularspaceman: Rino Romano and Josh Keaton EOT voicepacks, all Cel Shaded skins (except Peter 90s and default Black Suit), giving me the idea to do the Classic with Medium Eyes skin, ideas on rebalancing and improving Web Swinging, bug report, idea for blue Cel Shading for Black Suit skin
*UltraMegaMagnus: helped tubularspaceman with Classic model and provided its textures