Nightcrawler alpha

Started by fluid_static, January 12, 2007, 07:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 12, 2007, 07:53PM Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 04:19AM by fluid_static
I have to make this quick, I'm off dancing in a few minutes.....

This is a quick power-swap hack to add a Nightcrawler to the game.  He replaces Deadpool at the moment, and yes, I will change this, as soon as I figure out how.  I've added a text file with (hopefully) adequate instructions on changing herostat.engb, so that he's referenced as Nightcrawler in-game and has appropriate stats/a tail

There are several problems with it (still uses Deadpool's Xtreme power, inappropriate icons/portraits), but I thought I'd upload the beta and get some feedback.  My "to-do" list : icons, portraits, make him an "additional" character instead of a replacement).

UPDATE Feb08/2007 - Version 06 - http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=c6687a6570ed3656bf55f5f43532e343 - read the readme!

Xtreme thanks to everyone who shared their knowledge and files across this board :)

Exit, stage left!

Including the skins wasn't really necessary. ESPECIALLY the backup skins, which are 3.5 megs a piece. Also, I think you'd be better served using Nightcrawler's XML2 powerset/animations than trying to meld Panther and DP together.

cheers, I'll change that!

It's just a hack, swapping powers; I'll try to have a look at the XML1 powers :)

havent even tried it yet but im stoaked...ive wanted nightcrawler for a while but i havent spammed *cough*Sariks*cough*... excuse me. thnx a lot and keep up the good work

My to-do list for Nightcrawler:

1. Fix his Xtreme power.  I'd like to check out the powerstyles/talents from XML2, but don't own the game, or I'd overhaul the powers completely. 
2. Change the bolt-ons so he's not carrying 4 swords.
3. Once I figure out the bolt-ons, maybe I can add a tail!  A tail should be well within my meager modelling skills.
4. Fix the HUD pictures/power icons
5. Change the costume abilities
6. Switch NC over to replace someone else - thinking Blade or Elektra.
7. Fix the teleport FX - there's no sound for the "Bamf!" effect right now, and the regular double-jump teleport doesn't use that effect (having trouble finding where that's referenced)

This, sadly, is probably just a partial list, but it will keep me busy enough. Ideally, I'd also like to change his grab move so that he teleports an enemy round the screen, but power scripting is well outside my skills ATM. 

January 13, 2007, 07:29PM #7 Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 07:37PM by BliZZ
I'll post all relevant Nightcrawler files for you, as I would personally like to see you do that.

Also, don't overwrite someone else's files with Nightcrawler, use an unused number. That, and when you name him, make his file name nightcrawler_hero, or something to that effect, so as not to f with the NPC one.

EDIT:HERE:
http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=11b3e1afda1cc053597da2041f79cecc

Includes the powerstyle, animations, talent, icon, and wallpaper files. His effects are already in MUA, in the folder 'night', exactly as they appear in XML2.

Herostat who can will throw off? I badly speak on English

Thank you Blizz!

Aret, Nightcrawler currently replaces Deadpool (I think that's what your asking).

??? It can is possible to rescue Nightcrawler and Jean grey both? And that already game of 5 times has passed and I can not understand!Sorry if not in a subject!:)

January 14, 2007, 09:54AM #11 Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 09:57AM by Noelemahc
No, it is not possible. I checked the files for that scene, you HAVE to kill one of them to complete the level. And yes, this IS not "in subject".

Все файлы скриптов легко читаются, можешь сам проверить. Это такая подлянка от авторов игры.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

January 14, 2007, 10:00AM #12 Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 10:15AM by Aret
 :) о так на руском можно говорить ! Вопрос как?
Там баг есть один когда Шторм береш подходиш к клетке делаеш молнию с тучь на пол экрана так они с клеток убигают ! Такая хохма! Када первый раз увидил Смеялся долго !сори если флужу

На русском конечно можно, но не стоит. Хозяева обидятся. А про баг спасибо, не слышал ещё про такое. Похихикаем.
И да, флудишь. Увы. Сдерживайся.
Про скрипты скоро отдельную тему нарисуем, там всё и разберём. Надеюсь.

Rough translation for everyone else: the fellow's Russian (or russian-speaking, at the very least). Shares an interesting find: according to him, if you use an area-effect power (he refers to Storm's lightning), near the cages containing Jean and Kurt, they will attempt to run away from you. Must be a funny sight. Not that any one of us, mice, will see the end of Act II in the foreseeable future for obvious reason, but still.

EDIT: Wow. My 400th post! *breaks open the champagne*

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.