Nightcrawler alpha

Started by fluid_static, January 12, 2007, 07:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
thanks Blizz!  Much appreciated :)

rainy: smoke effects are done - I've just been determined to get the tail working.

Quotemanaging to create Flaming-bum, Claw-bum, and Baton-bum Nightcrawlers
Congratulations, you've just made me giggle like an idiot while trying to imagine how that must've looked.
Are you meaning to tell me you're going on pure instinct without any XML2 files? At all?

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

January 18, 2007, 10:41PM #32 Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 10:47PM by fluid_static
There's the files Blizz uploaded earlier (powerstyle, talents, actors, textures), but the available version was made before that.  You can imagine my surprise when I saw the XML2 version.  Instinct is all I got to go on - it's when I had to start actually learning stuff, I was getting discouraged :)

BTW, thanks again for everyone's help, advice and files - one look at the XML2 herostat and I got the tail working.  There's a reference to "model = XXXX" that I wasn't including (I thought the model was XX_nightcrawler_tail.IGB, which seems to be just animations?). Moves a little funny, but that may be because I've been mixing and matching XML2 and MUA files.  New version coming sooner rather than later :)

The magic is necessary for Nightcrawler? It is in a folder with game effects/char/night!

Posted an update on the first page - fixes a lot of cosmetic issues, less so on the powers (Xtreme still don't work right, for one).  Now I'm off to figure out the icons.  Or to sleep.  Probably sleep.

January 20, 2007, 07:02AM #35 Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 10:06AM by Aret
Thanks for mod! And now for Jean Grey! :)

QuoteStill Jean Grey!
Translation from engrish: "And now for Jean Grey!". Ain't my fault that the russian word for "still" (as in "still here", not "still time") can mean both "still" and "more", as well as multitudes of other intricacies depending on the context. [/linguistics freak]

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

This is the "Weird" Nightcrawler (version 01) - technically, only the talents and powerstyles have changed from "normal" version 03.  This is the usual result of my experiments with swapping an XML2 Nightcrawler Xtreme power with the MUA version... but this one is a l'il different. 

Start a new game, on Hard.  Go to NC's power select screen.  With "Auto-assign points" ON, hit your "decrease stat" button (button "B" on my controller). Hit the button repeatedly - the stats on all your powers should shift, up and down (mostly up!).

I have no idea what's going on there.  The Xtreme doesn't really work either - it only attacks one guy for massive damage.

Keep in mind this version is intended for people to see, and hopefully decompile/figure out, the weird effect mentioned above.

IMPORTANT:  if you've installed version Nightcrawler version 03, all you need to do with this is extract the "talents" and "powerstyles" - the other files are as they were in v.03. 

http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=ecd249bb1769d8e7dfdb18d2d9c78c58

i think i heard someone talk about that effect when they were working on something else, someone should have an answer

QuoteWith "Auto-assign points" ON, hit your "decrease stat" button (button "B" on my controller). Hit the button repeatedly - the stats on all your powers should shift, up and down (mostly up!).
Did you use the XML2 or MUA powerlist as base? When you hit the "decrease stat" button, your points get withdrawn and then auto-assign puts them back in -- BUT if you use the XML2 powerlist, the pricing will be skewered, leading subsequently to the differentiation between the points the game thought you had invested (remember, if you use default stats, it automatically sets all skills to the middle of the skill bars!) and the points your powerlist claims it needs. No big surprise there, IMO.

Crimson Dynamo says:

ah, thanks!  I did indeed use the XML2 powerset as a base. 

All is closer and closer to the final version Nightcrawler

fluid_static, after realizing that XML2 sound files work, I thought you might like Nightcrawler's.

http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=55e7633049600977f13884f6679bee8f

sweet, Blizz - I didn't wanna ask ;)  Thank you.