Spider-Man 2099

Started by Crowley, October 28, 2007, 06:39AM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 28, 2007, 06:39AM Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 04:07AM by Crowley
This was far too long in the making since I got distracted by other things for a few months. Here's Spider-Man 2099:
spiderman2099.zip - 1.7 Mb
This package contains both the character model and the HUD portrait.

Picture:

This is just a simple reskin of Spider-Man. Thanks goes out to parrastaka for his blue symbiote skin which I used as a basis for this. I think it would be possible to make the tattered webbing for Spider-Man 2099 by using a cape bolton and plenty of transparent texture. Unfortunately that is beyond my skills.

Great looking skin. Does this replace the default look of Spiderman?

looks like a good work, man! And thanks for remembering me lending you the darker spidey skin! But all the work is yours  :thumbsup2:

Quote from: Centerman on October 28, 2007, 01:51PM
Great looking skin. Does this replace the default look of Spiderman?
It replaces whatever you want. It all depends on how you rename the files.

This spiderman replacement like I said, looks really good. Thank you. I've learned the basics on replacing characters thanks to the tutorial in the FAQ, but I'm looking around the site on how to insert these files.

You don't need any special programm to swap skins. It's just a simple case of copy/paste and renaming files.
For this specific one, you have to backup the Spider-man skin you want to replace. Those can be found in the actors folder in the main directory under the following names:
Classic: 0901.igb
Symbiote: 0902.igb
Scarlet Spider: 0903.igb
Stark Armor: 0904.igb

Now rename the spiderman2099.igb file to the one you're replacing. Let's say you're taking out Stark Armor, then you should change spiderman2099.igb to 0904.igb . Paste the new 0904.igb in the actors folder, replacing the old one.
For the hud, it's a similar procedure, but obviously replacing the hud file in the respective hud folder.

For more info, check this topic: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=698.0

nice  :thumbsup2: u should make a mod including a skin from spiderman unlimited and give him super kool future powers lol

AWESOME job. 

Do you think you could take a request?  I'd be really interested in seeing a Ben Reilly Spider-man Costume.  It looks just like the Spider-girl costume, but obviously would have to be reworked to fit a male body skeleton.  Either way, awesome job on the 2099 skin.  :spiderman:

October 29, 2007, 01:38PM #10 Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 02:05PM by Gevth
Quote from: clonedpoop on October 29, 2007, 01:19PM
AWESOME job. 

Do you think you could take a request?  I'd be really interested in seeing a Ben Reilly Spider-man Costume.  It looks just like the Spider-girl costume, but obviously would have to be reworked to fit a male body skeleton.  Either way, awesome job on the 2099 skin.  :spiderman:
????

You mean a Ben Riley Scarlet Spider costume like the one that's already in the game as Spider-man's 3rd costume as shown in this gallery (http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1151.0) if you ctrl+f for "0903" or "scarlet spider"?

...I think you're out of luck, nobody is going to make it... ;)

I'm pretty sure he means Ben Reilly when he acted as Spider-Man, during Peter Parker's absence.

Y'know, the costume he was wearing when Spider-Carnage came about?

Crap, that's 2 mistakes in one day, I think I'll just take a break...
For the record, I thought he meant this:

...that's what happens when you assume you know something you don't.

this is the scarlet-spider from the spider-girl reality if i'm not wrong she is daughter of black cat and flash thompson and have another scarlet-spider

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:JoeWadeScarlet.jpg

Quote from: BliZZ on October 29, 2007, 01:49PM
I'm pretty sure he means Ben Reilly when he acted as Spider-Man, during Peter Parker's absence.

Yep this is the one I was talking about.  It always bugged me that they had the major spidey costumes (red/blue, black, and scarlet spider), but never the Ben Reilly one.