Repost: Punisher, Deadpool, Cyclops, Venom

Started by darkmythology, December 07, 2006, 04:56PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Did you already try importing Cyclops' talent, powerstyle, and effects files instead of using Iceman's? Although, I can see why'd you'd be working off of an existing MUA character since the costume upgrades seem to exist in the talent file, but I'm just curious.

The effects I'm using are Cyclops'. It's just a matter of ironing out what effect goes where using Iceman's powerset. As for his power and talent files from XML2, I think that the amount of editing required for those simply makes it a much less efficient proposition than simply using a MUA character's files as a base.

I'd rather have a fully-playable character that fits them so-so than a fully playable character that's barely usable :)

Did you change the location of the optic beam so that it originates from his eyes and not from his hand? Because I know that for Ms. Marvel, the beam comes out of her hand and for Vision I had to relocate the beambolt so that it was attached to the head.

Yeah. That was mostly just a matter of changing the bolt command to "head" instead of "hand", and it looks marginally better. Like I said, the only real thing left to do is get the effects figured out one of these days, then work on an actual "mod" for all the purists out there who won't be happy unless the menu select screen actually says "cyclops"  ;)

Well, it won't until someone (who, me?) figgers out how to add new sounds into the game without breaking it (as then the purists would complain about no announcer saying "Cyclops!" when you select 'im).

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Well, I for one am really wantin' a Cyclops in hi-res costumes (personally hope for Astonishing and Ultimate), and WILL NOT complain if an announcer doesn't rattle the windows with "CYCLOPS!"

Will he be part of the re-package you guys are talking about?

The only one I'm talking about right now is re-upping the MK/Colossus mod once I (as nobody else seems to be working on it) fix the portrait issue... And, of course, mopping up the PSP stuff. Want the rest, talk to Kinstryfe/darkmythology.

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

XML2 skin conversion is easy enough, so if any of those Cyke skins you want are in there, converting them and the portraits (minus the background issue Noelemahc is working on) is a cinch.  Darkmythology is working on the powerset, so once he finishes, any extra skins already available that you want I'll be glad to convert (although, if you have the same issues I do with the black spots and blue edges on imported skins, this offer isn't exactly the greatest). 

I'm avoiding doing any full replacements, at least until after the psp guys get done, but I've thrown in a bunch of XML2 skins, like Sabretooth for Black Panther, Rogue, Sunfire and Pyro (yes, he can fly now, that MGH is some powerful stuff) for Human Torch, Jean Grey for Invisible Woman, to name a few.  I like adding characters, I'm just too greedy to give up anyone.  In fact, I'm actually running out of ideas of who to steal out of XML2 next, so any suggestions would be welcome.

I'm fiddling with XML1's Psylocke for Elektra for now. And Marrow, although I am yet to decide on who to stick her onto -- because her style doesn't fit ANYONE on the MUA roster.

Crimson Dynamo says:

I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but Scarlet Witch for one of Dr. Strange's skins (prolly the stupid ultimate skin, he barely even KNOWS magic in the ultimate unverse) is up next for me.  As for Marrow, the closest you are going to get is Black Panther, methinks.  Agility, hand to hand combat,and the projectile claw bone spike attack.

I have a suggestion for SmokeBogey, or anyone whose willing.  Iron Man and Cyclops were some of the most fun to play in XML2, but I hate the way Iron Man plays in MUA.  For a number of reasons, most notably the missing repulsers, the complety weak rocket uppercut, and his melee attacks in general.  I don't think I played Iron Man for five minutes in MUA. 

Is there a way to get Iron Man to fight melee style like he did in XML2, and with the powers he had then? Especially his repulsers, I really miss them.

What do you think?

Quote from: GadsDad on December 14, 2006, 02:36PM
Is there a way to get Iron Man to fight melee style like he did in XML2, and with the powers he had then? Especially his repulsers, I really miss them.

There is a way, however, it is a lot of work. I'm sure it'll happen eventually, but seeing as how he is already included, he is probably among the lowest priorities of characters to upgrade from XML2. I know he is for me.

That, and I personally LOVE how he plays in the game.

Yeah, unfortunately GadsDad, I'm inclined to agree with Blizz.  I have been splitting my time between converting XML2 skins to MUA, and compiling a list of offsets in the MUA meshes (windows magnifier comes in hella handy for finding those 16x16 skins, believe you me).  I also think the new Iron Man rocks too. 

So like he said, it is eminently doable, but since almost everyone's efforts are going to benefit us all, it wouldn't make sense to divert time to something that would only benefit a few (well, you really, and maybe your kids, if they think the new Iron Man stinks too).  But don't give up hope, it will indeed probably get tackled eventually.

Quote from: darkmythology on December 07, 2006, 04:56PM
For those of you looking for them, here's a skin for

Punisher
http://www.box.net/public/ymqt18l37u

hey that's cool. This seems to be the only skin available for Nick Fury to appear to be Frank Castle. It's good enough for me to play with it, and it is awsome to see that Fury's "powers" fit perfectly with those that could be Castle's, at least apart from the "dissapearing" issue.

Great work.

However, and since the skin is very valid with Fury's model and abilities I would like to work on it a bit more, replacing the plane brown trousers with more black and white ones, or blue and white ones, similar to the one's Punisher usually wore. Perhaps I may try to even add the white belt as well and sleeves with gloves too...

However it seems to be too much for me. I dowloaded the skin editor but I do not seem to be able to open de skins properly. Could you give me hand opnening skins and exporting the included image files so that they can be edited?

I followed a tutorial but I got lost....  :scratchhead:

I'm feeling dumb. Sorry but i do not understand when the skinner says:

"MUASKINNER.CFG has not defined the BMP locations for this IGB file. Please turn Texture Finder to locate, then set the offset values in the MUASKINNER.CFG file."

This means I got to use both programms at the same time? Skinner and TextureFinder?

Please any advice to start with this, and I'll work on the already work done with Punisher Skins for Nick Fury.

Thanks.