X - Men: Die by The Sword

Started by The Boy Sanga, November 03, 2007, 09:37AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Anyone read this yet? Not really X-Men (but their 'offshoot' comics).

Forgot it was coming out so I missed issue 1 (hopefully another'll be coming in store so I'll be able to sort that one), but what's everyone's views on it?

Number 2 ends really well - the return of two of my favourite vilains so I can't wait till number 3!

Also, apparently its the next level of New Excalibur as their own title recently ended...hopefully not the end of the Cap (Britain) though...

November 03, 2007, 10:33AM #1 Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 10:37AM by boreman
Issue 1 explained the Otherworld background for the story, but the 616 Earth part was underdeveloped.

From Die by the Sword comes New Exiles by Claremont, but I think (wich means guess, wich means not officially stated anywhere as far as I know) it will have characters from the New Excalibur book, like Captain Britain and a returning Nocturne. Perhaps Dazzler, to reunite her with the amnesic Longshot or give her revenge against Mojo.

And I really hope the next Excalibur continues the Wisdom mini by Cornell. I miss John the Skrull and Tink.

Quote from: The Boy Sanga on November 03, 2007, 09:37AM
hopefully not the end of the Cap (Britain) though...

Something in Marvel about shooting Captains... Bad time for Mar-Vell to return (and hasn't Captain Rectitude suffered enough already?). Good luck for Monica Rambeau.

Yeah it sounds reasonable - with the Exiles and Excalibur having links (Psylocke - Captain Britain, Longshot - Dazzler etc) and don't the exiles go about repairing the multi-verse (something Captain Britain did in his early years I think). I was hoping for the return of solo Captain Britain (perhaps with Meggan returning too).

But Jaspers and an army of Furies....!!! That'll be interesting to read