Virtumonde Trojan

Started by ragincajun, April 15, 2009, 10:36PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Does anyone know anything about the Virtumonde / Vundo Trojan, or how to get rid of it?  It's been running through my main computer for days, and none of my spyware or antivirus programs will completely remove it.

Here's a link from a google on how to fix : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-removal/remove-vundo-virtumonde
Also just type "Virtumonde Trojan"into google there is alot of results.
Hope you get rid of it , I have never had that problem with texturefinder.

I had this a while back and it can be a pain to remove. Certain programs like Vundo Fix are designed to find and remove it.

Depending on how computer savvy you are Hijack This! might help you out too (both programs are free).

In the end, the way I got rid of it (which looking back probably wasn't the best method) was to get one of those programs that scans your computer for suspicious files (but only removes them if you pay for it) then wrote down each file name / registry entry and manually deleted the files. This probably isn't be best method and it did take a while to perform, especially since some files bolt themselves onto explorer.exe and required me to use my Windows XP disk to boot my pc into the repair console (NOT the same as booting windows in safe mode with command prompt - as it still loads explorer.exe) and remove the files that way.

The last option is really a last ditch effort if you know what you are doing with your computer - otherwise you could seriously mess it up.

Hope this helps (though Google etc might be a more reliable help)