Official Characters - ALPHA V2 RELEASED! (UPDATED 11/26)

Started by BliZZ, November 21, 2007, 03:25PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: boreman on December 05, 2007, 02:11PM
Has anyone found why does Cyclops' XTreme make the game go perma-slow? I was trying to use his visuals, and comparing it with a few other xtreme definitions, but it keeps screwing my test games. It only reverts to normal after a dialog scene or an area change.

I'll give it a look see as soon as I can. Cap Marvel's had a similar issue which I fixed before this upload.

Also, I'll check out that Hawk soundset ASAP too :thumbsup:

And update about the perma-slow:

I removed all the sound references and moved the events definitions outside the power (between the 'trigger' xtreme and the proper xtreme). Just tested once so far, but it seems to return to normal now.

hey guys i made a vid with toothy in action if it comes in handy,i mean like publicity or something http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEfaHUc2AoE
My deviant art page!!!
$$$ http://sabrerine911.deviantart.com/ $$$

I'm wondering is anybody else having problems with the game crashing on on Level 3 in Asgard after you rescue Balder?   
The only file I found that seemed out of place was in the maps folder file asgard3.engb which was written over when I installed the Official Char package. 
Does anybody have the original file?

At least I'm not having problems in that part. What the new asgard3.engb file does is make Lizard drop an item he was suppose to drop from the very beginning. I don't see how that would crash the game... Try to insert all the related files again, including items.engb and packages.

SOOooo. i was working on a Doom mod, but since Teancum told me that a dlc Doom is already done i stopped making it.. but since he's only missing the sounds, can't you release it anyway? i don't care if there's no sound! i WANNNT it! MUHAHAHAHA! (ps. thanks to gimp i was able to edit bump maps so i made some very nice bumped skins for doom so i want to try them with him, but to do it you must RELEASE THIS DAMN MODDDD!!!)

...please

:bowdown1:  :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :king: <-- modder who made the doom dlc mod

Patience young Grasshopper.  It cometh soon.  I'm just out of town until the 3rd, then I'm completing it.

Before I download it, I have to ask - does this pack overwrite any characters?

There is a guide here:

http://marvelmods.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=43

EDIT: You can use HeroSelect for modifying the herostat if you have XMLB Compiler installed.

Uhm... I don't mean to be ungrateful, but I don't believe you answered my first question - Does this mod overwrite any characters?

:madrox:

The guide did answer it in some way. :P

The 2nd paragraph:

QuoteThe "strict" part about character modding applies mainly to the set number of characters that Ravensoft has imposed, which is 27. This is the max number of playable characters at the select menu room.

Then do some simple math:

23 "characters" from the official roster
+ 2 characters from the Next-Gen exclusives (Moonknight, Colossus)
+ 3 characters from PSP exclusives (Black Widow, Ronin, Captain Marvel)
+ 8 characters from the XBOX360 DLC/Gold edition (Hawkeye, Venom, Sabretooth, Dr Doom, Magneto, Hulk, Nightcrawler, Cyclops)
-------------------------------------------------
= 36 characters > 27

This mean you have to replace some characters in order to use some/all of the characters in this pack.

Quote from: iammingy on December 29, 2007, 01:38PM
then do some simple math:

23 "characters" from the official roster
+ 2 characters from the Next-Gen exclusives (Moonknight, Colossus)
+ 3 characters from PSP exclusives (Black Widow, Ronin, Captain Marvel)
+ 8 characters from the XBOX360 DLC/Gold edition (Hawkeye, Venom, Sabretooth, Dr Doom, Magneto, Hulk, Nightcrawler, Cyclops)
-------------------------------------------------
= 36 characters > 27

ming the official alpha mod doesn't have Dr.doom and venom yet

No it doesn't. Not yet. I believe there will be a V3 out when Teancum comes back and finishes his Doom mod. Then, I think Dark_Mark's final Venom?

Yeah, I have to do Doom and Hulk's power sounds, so I'm the biggest holdup at the moment.  There's a few other behind-the-scenes things being worked on, but I don't know when they'll be released.  Oh, and I gotta show Dark_Mark the settings for making Xtreme voice lines echo (so they sound like the in-game ones).