What is ur most favourite marvel arcade game?

Started by Venom, November 24, 2007, 03:27PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yesterday i went to a videogame arcade and to my surprise on some little machine they had marvel vs capcom , marvel super heroes , xmen vs streetfighter and some other one im forgetting and the amazing thing was there were over 100 games on this single machine and they didnt hav marvel vs capcom 2 ...
and yeh i made this thread just to see wat everyones fav marvel arcade game is , my favourite is marvel vs capcom 2 because i just like the amount of kool marvel characters in the game and capcom characters and just overall gameplay and everything

I like Marvel vs. Capcom 2 as well. Who are your favorite characters?

venom , hulk , blackheart , war machine , spiderman , wolverine and a few others plus megaman somtimes   :D

Ohh I liked Blackheart and War Machine. I also enjoyed using Cable, Gambit, and Magneto.

Hulk's great but he does some really umm *** moves..

I still have a soft spot for the 4-player Xmen arcade game.

http://ptkfgsthejuggernaut.ytmnd.com/ ;)

Also a fan of Maximum Carnage & Separation Anxiety for SNES/Genesis

I know it's been awhile for this thread, but I just wanted to put my 2 cents in...
My ultimate favorite is X-Men VS Street Fighter. Just because when you play as Rogue, you can actually use the other's powers. Plus that was the first arcade game that I could play as her.

April 24, 2008, 09:28AM #8 Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 11:14AM by Dark_Mark
Quote from: RogueDW331 on April 24, 2008, 08:54AM
My ultimate favorite is X-Men VS Street Fighter.
Agreed, but I like this game mostly because of both Magneto and Bison (Vega) available, although I don't use them too often. It's also great because of the Apocalypse! :apocalypse: I also like Marvel VS Capcom. Alright, I know that it doesn't have Akuma, Magneto, Bison, Juggernaut, etc., but my most favourite character of all time, ROCKMAN, does make the game worth playing, especially with Chun-Li on the same team (Onslaught doesn't stand a chance!) :nod: Oh, and it's nice to meet Venom from time to time :grin_no:

EDIT:
Quote from: THX on December 02, 2007, 08:17PM
Also a fan of Maximum Carnage & Separation Anxiety for SNES/Genesis

Damn, I HATE both Maximum Carnage games :nervous: But I do recommend Spider-Man: Lethal Foes, which unfortunately is Japanese only. But there aren't many in-game texts and most of them are quite easy to understand (for me at least :P ).
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

What's there to hate in MaxCarnage? Separation Anxiety I can understand, there is no gorgeous rock musick, no palpable storyline and to top it off the graphics, being cel-shaded 3d-prerenders, look significantly less worthy than the hand-crafted pixely goodness of its predecessor.

But if we're to name THE most favourite - it's a draw between the Punisher Arcade Game (playable Nick Fury, yay!) and the X-men Arcade Game (based on that love it/hate it/you simply can't not feel something about it Pryde of the X-men cartoon).

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: Noelemahc on April 24, 2008, 10:10AM
What's there to hate in MaxCarnage? Separation Anxiety I can understand, there is no gorgeous rock musick, no palpable storyline and to top it off the graphics, being cel-shaded 3d-prerenders, look significantly less worthy than the hand-crafted pixely goodness of its predecessor.
It's not about the graphics or music, but the gameplay is horrible! :nervous: 90% of the game consists of fighting hordes of homies and the players' moves are limited and mostly useless. I'll just stick with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Battletoads. By the way, there is a Spidey arcade game with almost no special moves, but it's worth playing anyway.
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

Definitly X-Men the Arcade Game... Great Selection of Chars, Great + simple gameplay (anyone could play it!), cheesy quotes ^^... INSTANT CLASSIC!!!

Favorite Characters:

Colossus (even though i NEVER actually understood the whole... EXPLOSION POWER XD... but hey... it was great anyway!

Wolvie who doesn't like this guy?!

Cheers^^

Although I never played it in the arcades, I had the Mega Drive port and my favourite has got to be:

Captain America and The Avengers

Whilst the game play is similar to many other arcade games, it lets you play as the Avengers! Plus you also go against a wide variety of Marvel villains (including Juggernaut who has one eye in his helmet and can roll...) and other heroes make cameos, such as Quicksilver, Wasp and Namor.

The sound clips are so bad they're funny and I got it for my Mega Drive for pretty cheap!