Alternate Skin Downloads

Started by BliZZ, November 27, 2007, 01:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic
hey guys i have some troubles with that wolverine retro skin each time i installed it doesn't display wolverine's hud :S any ideas by the way i already finish the game and wolverine's rage doesn't grow up anyone knows why??

June 11, 2008, 01:06PM #46 Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 01:18PM by Cates
Quote from: Venom on June 10, 2008, 11:36PM
Oh ok Ive never used herostat but ill try and update them (Or just work double time and make more lol) :D And also sorry I dont have any pics of the skins I cant get good close up pictures .
So does the herostat within the wolverine set make you be able to choose from 3 different wolverines ?

Yes, in your HeroSelect cfg you have three different Wolverine entries. In mine, they're Wolverine (the standard old MUA wolvy), Wolverine - Alt, and Wolverine - Alt2. Then, when I select my roster using HeroSelect, I can choose between any of those three. If I want B-Law's New X-Men skin, for instance, I choose Alt. 2. It's easy, and I never have to backup skin files or edit the herostat again once I've set it up in HeroSelect. You can't choose multiple Wolverines, as only 1 will show up in game, but why would you want to?

Here's an Iron Man pack as well. This will change once Teancum's War Machine model is done, because the War Machine default skin for IM will probably get swapped to the Heroes Return one, but it's another example of how to set it up.

It's super easy to set up the herostat entries. Just copy the standard entry for the character, then change the skin numbers and skin names and you're done.

If you can make packs like that, that would be much more useful to the general public I think. No decompling of the herostat necessary. Also, let me know which skin packs you're working on and I'm happy to make custom huds. I can do them relatively quickly.

Among the characters who have 4 extra skins available to make a complete new entry include: Jean Grey, Storm, Colossus, Cyclops,--lots of those X-Men characters because we have so many from XML1/2 (I already have Colossus and Cyke part way done, so I can finish those if you want to focus on others. Both of your Cap ones, for instance, could be added to a single pack.) If a character only has two or three extra skins (like, say Deadpool, who has two), my plan was to keep skin 1 the same (since it matches the mannequin) and amend the others as needed. To me, this is a great and easy way to add variety to your games and make use of all these great skins we have around.

And if you're not using HeroSelect, why the heck not? :) It's amazing and makes switching characters an absolute breeze. I have every stage 1 and 2 mod from the catalog and some stage 3 ones in my HeroSelect right now, and it works like a charm for modding and playing alike. It's the best thing to happen to MUA modding--ever.

Quote from: SageLuis on June 11, 2008, 01:15AM
hey guys i have some troubles with that wolverine retro skin each time i installed it doesn't display wolverine's hud :S any ideas by the way i already finish the game and wolverine's rage doesn't grow up anyone knows why??

Are you using the one on the first page? It worked fine for me.

Anyone suggest adding the Amazing Bagman skin for Spider-Man by Tommyboy yet? Loved that skin.

hey cates the skin works but the game doesn't display his hud :S i replace astonishing skin and still don't work plus :P u know anything about my rage problem???

June 12, 2008, 01:44AM #50 Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 01:50AM by Venom
Quote from: Cates on June 11, 2008, 01:06PM
Yes, in your HeroSelect cfg you have three different Wolverine entries. In mine, they're Wolverine (the standard old MUA wolvy), Wolverine - Alt, and Wolverine - Alt2. Then, when I select my roster using HeroSelect, I can choose between any of those three. If I want B-Law's New X-Men skin, for instance, I choose Alt. 2. It's easy, and I never have to backup skin files or edit the herostat again once I've set it up in HeroSelect. You can't choose multiple Wolverines, as only 1 will show up in game, but why would you want to?

Here's an Iron Man pack as well. This will change once Teancum's War Machine model is done, because the War Machine default skin for IM will probably get swapped to the Heroes Return one, but it's another example of how to set it up.

It's super easy to set up the herostat entries. Just copy the standard entry for the character, then change the skin numbers and skin names and you're done.

If you can make packs like that, that would be much more useful to the general public I think. No decompling of the herostat necessary. Also, let me know which skin packs you're working on and I'm happy to make custom huds. I can do them relatively quickly.

Among the characters who have 4 extra skins available to make a complete new entry include: Jean Grey, Storm, Colossus, Cyclops,--lots of those X-Men characters because we have so many from XML1/2 (I already have Colossus and Cyke part way done, so I can finish those if you want to focus on others. Both of your Cap ones, for instance, could be added to a single pack.) If a character only has two or three extra skins (like, say Deadpool, who has two), my plan was to keep skin 1 the same (since it matches the mannequin) and amend the others as needed. To me, this is a great and easy way to add variety to your games and make use of all these great skins we have around.

And if you're not using HeroSelect, why the heck not? :) It's amazing and makes switching characters an absolute breeze. I have every stage 1 and 2 mod from the catalog and some stage 3 ones in my HeroSelect right now, and it works like a charm for modding and playing alike. It's the best thing to happen to MUA modding--ever.

Ok thanks for the helpful info . I might start off with a Spider-Man pack depending on if I find something else I want to do .  I dont know why I havnt used HeroSelect lol .

Quote from: Eniena on June 11, 2008, 09:50PM
Anyone suggest adding the Amazing Bagman skin for Spider-Man by Tommyboy yet? Loved that skin.

Working on it and also Iammingys Spider-Man Unlimited and Blaw's Ben Reiley skins .

June 12, 2008, 03:57AM #51 Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 04:03AM by Cates
Quote from: SageLuis on June 11, 2008, 09:59PM
hey cates the skin works but the game doesn't display his hud :S i replace astonishing skin and still don't work plus :P u know anything about my rage problem???

Not sure about the rage issue. Did you download my "pack" or the one from the 1st page for Wolverine?

EDIT: I just looked at the files, and everything seems to be set up right in the packages. Not sure why the huds not showing up.

June 19, 2008, 07:16PM #52 Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 04:24AM by SpongeSpider
Cap's Shield Throw power won't work when I have his Modern outfit on (it works fine with the others on)

there needs to be an Ultimate Giant Man skin

Please post requests elsewhere.  This is for releases only.

Can someone please make me a civil war captain america costume please

Quote from: Teancum on July 09, 2008, 08:37AM
Please post requests elsewhere.  This is for releases only.

Quote from: blob101 on July 16, 2008, 06:25PM
Can someone please make me a civil war captain america costume please
If your talking about the one that winter soldier wears its on the front page , same with the capunisher .

No i ment Captian America fighting Iron Man the one were his sheild is cracked and he is all beat up 

check the pic on the charater bios on www.marvel.com under captian america(steve rogers)