New Menu Callouts 2.1

Started by Teancum, December 01, 2007, 08:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 01, 2007, 08:41PM Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 07:20PM by Teancum
This patches all current sounds that I have finished.  It's meant to be a one-time-download thing so you don't have to update character sounds 100 times.  RAR'd it's 70mb, unpacked it's only about 82mb.  A big update for the download size.

GENERAL UPDATES:
Announcer and Goodbye files for:
Angel (needs to be named angel)
Avalanche (announcer only, no break)
Beast
Bishop
Black Widow (fixed -- needs to be named blackwidowvv  so it doesn't conflict with the NPC)
Blob
Cable
Cannonball
Captain Britain (break only, no announcer)
Captain Marvel (fixed so his break sounds play)
Cyclops
Dark Phoenix
Dr. Doom (the actual "Dr. Doom" announcer file is rough at best, but it's all I could do)
Emma Frost (needs to be named emma_frost_hero)
Gambit
Jubilee
Juggernaut (needs to be named juggernaut_hero)
Magma
Magneto (needs to be named magneto_hero)
Multiple Man (break only, no announcer)
Nightcrawler (needs to be named nightcrawlerdlc)
Phoenix (Jean Grey)
Professor X
Psylocke (needs to be named psylocke_hero)
Punisher (for when the mod is released)
Pyro (needs to be named pyro_hero)
Rogue
Sabretooth (needs to be named sabretooth_hero)
Scarlet Witch
She-Hulk (break only, no announcer)
Sunfire
Toad (needs to be named toad_hero)
Venom
Vision (break only, no announcer)
X-Man

New Team Bonuses:  (sound files only, not actual team bonuses)
Age of Apocalypse
Brotherhood of Evil
Energy Corps
Family Affair
Heavy Metal
New X-Men
Old School
Raven Knights
Shaba Ultimate
Special Ops

Extra Menu Goodbyes: (These characters have additional goodbye sounds from XML2)
Deadpool
Iceman
Iron Man
Storm
Wolverine

CHARACTER-SPECIFIC UPDATES:
All of these updates are new handled in their individual mods.  Files will be sent to the author and they'll update it.

-------DOWNLOAD LINKS---------
http://www.sendspace.com/file/chn7vq

December 01, 2007, 09:29PM #1 Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 09:31PM by BliZZ
Sweet! Thanks, man.

ETA: Did you edit the Magneto, Juggernaut, and Toad ones to run with _hero in the character's name?

Nope.  We don't know how to multi-hash for multiple breaks, so the only change I made from stock as an_nightcrawler to an_nightcrawlerdlc.  So sabretooth_hero is the same since that's how it was before, but not Magneto, Toad or Juggy.

Well, yeah, I know we don't know how to multi-hash, but the mods for those 3 characters HAVE been updated to include the "_hero", so I guess it won't be compatible with them for now :(

The XML->MUA mod is a long ways off, so I don't see a need to worry about it at all for now.  I can always add separate _hero versions of the menu callouts/announcer later.

I'm not saying you should edit it now, I am just pointing out that the mods for those 3 characters that are currently available (Magneto in the Pack and the individual Toad/Juggernaut mods) already have the _hero tags, so this file won't work with them. Just pointing it out so that the next time you update this you could (hopefully) update those.

Yeah, that's why I edited my Mangeto from magneto_hero to magneto.  For MUA there are no conflicts, and when the XML->MUA project comes around it won't conflict since the 'magneto' ID will be a NPC anyways.  I built it just for the MUA Official Characters pack anyways.  I don't see why magneto can't be named just magneto in that pack.

Peace and Love my brothers. LOL
No seriously, thanks for this voice mo Teancum.

hey teancum i clicked the link and when it loaded it said that the file cant be downloaded could you upload it somewhere else
My deviant art page!!!
$$$ http://sabrerine911.deviantart.com/ $$$

Teancum, could you host the file on mediafire.com ? Megaupload is useless here in Europe due to ridiculously small number of slots per country... :banghead:
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

Quote from: Teancum on December 01, 2007, 10:13PM
Yeah, that's why I edited my Mangeto from magneto_hero to magneto.  For MUA there are no conflicts, and when the XML->MUA project comes around it won't conflict since the 'magneto' ID will be a NPC anyways.  I built it just for the MUA Official Characters pack anyways.  I don't see why magneto can't be named just magneto in that pack.

It seems kinda silly to change the name around multiple times, imo. There is no reason it can't be magneto_hero for MUA, but there is for XML->MUA. Changing the name name now means avoiding a lot of work/redistribution later. Either way, just adding extra sounds with the "_hero"s built into the hash seems a fine solution, imo.

You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

now that i downloaded it where shud i put it ind the sound folder or where?
My deviant art page!!!
$$$ http://sabrerine911.deviantart.com/ $$$

Marvel Ultimate Alliance\sounds\eng\x\_