New Menu Callouts 2.1

Started by Teancum, December 01, 2007, 08:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Teancum on December 17, 2007, 09:56AMLet me know what you think of Venom's voice everybody.  I think he turned out well.

Venom's web swinging and flail attack sound great! Others, like claws, could use some more emotion (louder scream when activating symbiote maybe?).
I see that you have been using voices from "Spider-man" on the PS1. Would it be possible to give Venom his "Itsy-bitsy spider!" taunt as a "bored" sound when having Spider-man in the same team? (Similar to Magneto taunting Wolverine when left alone for a while).
On the whole, great work!
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

can somebody tell me who of the links is the one with the Announcer and Goodbye files
My deviant art page!!!
$$$ http://sabrerine911.deviantart.com/ $$$

All the links are the same thing. You need to copy x_voice out of one of them into sounds/XXX/x/_/

December 17, 2007, 01:45PM #49 Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 02:01PM by Teancum
I'm home now and figured out the problems with the XML1 characters and the menu breaks.  Should be ~24 hours.

QuoteVenom's web swinging and flail attack sound great! Others, like claws, could use some more emotion (louder scream when activating symbiote maybe?).
I see that you have been using voices from "Spider-man" on the PS1. Would it be possible to give Venom his "Itsy-bitsy spider!" taunt as a "bored" sound when having Spider-man in the same team? (Similar to Magneto taunting Wolverine when left alone for a while).
On the whole, great work!

Absolutely.  And I'll see what I can do with his power sounds.

BliZZ, have you had a chance to look at the Angel stuff I posted?

*edit* --- oh DUH, I was tired and thinking that Emma would conflict with XML2, and thus would in MUA.  I guess using emma_frost_hero won't hurt though.

*edit2* -- menu sounds for Magneto, Toad and Psylocke are fixed.  Working on Beast's in-game sounds now.

December 17, 2007, 03:34PM #51 Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 03:39PM by BliZZ
The power sounds still don't play. Everything in the _v seems to work, as do the grunts in the _m, but the power sounds seem not to. Perhaps they need to be named p1_something rather than power1?

They are P1_POWER, P2_POWER, etc.

*edit*  Psylocke's done, w00t!

Oh, ok. I'll fix him up.

Hey, would you mind adding Black Panther's p5_ sounds to beast_m? That way his tackle won't be silent. Also, for my ease, could you rename the actual wavs so that I can see what the hashes are calling for? (beast_m's filenames are "power1", etc)

December 17, 2007, 03:50PM #54 Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 03:54PM by Teancum
Power hashes will always call for P#_event.  I.E. P4_IMPACT or P3_CHARGE_LOOP, P1_POWER, P2_CHARGE, P5_LOOP.

As far as BP's extra sounds, I'll trade em' and the other char sounds for the help I need with Angel.

*edit* Emma's done.

I was wondering if you are updating the downloads every time you finish one or if you are going to do it all at one time. Also will these sounds work in XML2

I don't know if they'll work in XML2.  I'll try and let you know.  As far as updates go I'm just posting that I have em' done.  I'll let folks know when a new link is up.  (Beast is the only update with a download)

*edit* Jubilee is done, there's two small changes.  BliZZ, her 'charge' sound is just called CHARGE, and there's some other power I can't identify.  The .wav is called power1a, so I named the hash P1A_POWER

Can you upload Emma and Psylocke for me those are the only mods i have. If you can't its cool

December 17, 2007, 04:44PM #58 Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 07:43PM by Teancum
I'm working with BliZZ on em' now.  I give em to him and then he is updating each individual mod.  I should have them to him in the next 24hrs.

*edit*

BliZZ has the files, and he's working on updating each character.  So the only thing holding sounds up will be if I messed up here or there and have to fix things.  Future sound update files will all be handled through BliZZ, so watch the topics he takes care of.

I probably won't have them done tonight, but you guys can expect the 5 XML1 characters complete with voices tomorrow (hopefully)

:beast: :emmafrost: :jubilee: :magma: :psylocke: