X-men the official game, anyone?

Started by Lord Frankie, December 02, 2007, 03:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
i know that the game was someway a fiasco, but i have it and i like it mostly because of nightcrawler.
and, it's veeeeeeeeeeery easily moddable (anyhow you can only mod the effects and the stats, like wolv' healing factor or night's chain teleport and things like them)
what is wrong in the game is that there are too few levels and only 3 characters....

but this game threw me in the world of modding!

anyhow i would be grateful if you could help me with this: the game's dvd started to break from the center, so i had to copy it and download a  no-dvd crack..... and something strange happened: there's a level with walking sentinels, and they're made by several pieces, and some of these pieces don't receive lights, meaning that they're very dark. this didn't happen before the dvd started to break.
the problem is not the crack, since it exists also using the original dvd (using it very carefully.. now i don't even touch it)

i don't remember if an how many times i've installed-removed it.
there's a folder called "shaders", which contains many .txt files.... could some of them be missing?

I thought it actually had quite a few levels.  What sucked about the game was Wolverine.  Iceman wasn't especially fun to play as, but he was unique, and Nightcrawler was awesome.  Wolvie was really boring to play as.  If it was possible to build new models for the game I'd mod it, but as it was it was a rent-it, beat-it, return-it for me.

I totally agree with this sad fact :(
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.