Sentry Mod for testing

Started by boreman, December 08, 2007, 11:22AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've seen it.
And I have the mannequin (tough the hair will look different, but what the heck...).

I'm having trouble with my Internet connection since last month, that's why I couldn't try and publish the advances. Next week it will probably be fixed and I'll be back in the game.

well I tried out just putting the bolton on Sentry, and as expected, it doesn't look very natural. The two hair colors don't match to well, but with some tweaking I think it could work.

Hello everyone, although im not a modder i've been changing and installing things and mods here and there without significant problems, but when i'm in the atlantis level with the sentry character selected among others, the game crashed, but not in a particular point, sometimes in one place or doing something and sometimes in other place or doing other thing. It happens only with the sentry character. I have no idea what the problem is about, i've put sentry in 21 slot, i dont know if theres a conflict between some npc character and sentry or whether theres an error with the effects (iron fist and quicksilver sometines has no effects at all and no powers, not very often, but thats another question) or not. Anyone knows what can be causing that?. I dont know if this is the correct place to post this, so i apoligize if im wrong. Thanx and greetings.

Ok, i haven't tried the Mod YET... but i was thinking... since the Hair can be added as a bolton, why not adding the cape too??

In other words, we could have a VERY decent SENTRY with "Astonishing Colossus" (resize of course) using as a base skin with added Hair & Cape with Boltons...

AND the manniquin could be base on that one as well, so they would match perfectly ^^

Just a suggestion/idea... not sure if it would REALLY work...

Cheers^^

Just remember that model boltons have to be applied to every skin.  You can't pick and choose which ones to bolt new models onto.  You can only do that with existing skin segments and effects.

Quote from: Teancum on March 30, 2008, 07:53PM
Just remember that model boltons have to be applied to every skin.  You can't pick and choose which ones to bolt new models onto.  You can only do that with existing skin segments and effects.

yes you can, in the powerstyle

True, but in hub areas the boltons won't be there, so if you're using bolton hair and whatnot it won't be there.  It's sortof why I don't bother with model boltons unless I can do it in the herostat.

March 31, 2008, 06:54AM #22 Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 07:06AM by Norrin Radd
Yes, it's just that you made it sound like it was impossible. For the hair it would not be good, but it could be used for other models.

@ Rasdel, I believe this mod already uses a bolton cape:

BoltOn {
      anim = 200_sentryp_cape ;
      bolt = Bip01 Spine2 ;
      model = 20021 ;
      slot = ebolton_cape ;
      }

Quote from: Norrin RaddYes, it's just that you made it sound like it was impossible. For the hair it would not be good, but it could be used for other models.

@ Rasdel, I believe this mod already uses a bolton cape:
I know... if i am not mystaken it's the Quicksilver mesh with a bolton cape...

But what i meant is that since they "wig" bolton looks weird and not natural... it could be added to another mesh that works and adding a cape to that mesh aswell (which is kind of obvious since it wouldn't be Sentry without a cape, but well ^^)

Cheers

Hair would be tough, but all of his skins would have a cape, so we don't have to worry about that. Rasdel you should add this to your list of projects.

This is the only skin that would be difficult on an Astonishing Colossus mesh. But for me it's a must have!

Neutron would be your Colossus-sized equivalent, imo.

No need to ask for permission, it's not like i got legal rights ^^ After all, we are all here to try and make this game better right?

Right now i am really, REALLY busy to find Neutrons PC model offsets and Torch "fiery" offsets... so go ahead and have fun ^^

Cheers

Well Rasdel I have Neutrons PS2 offsets if you want them. cvc sent them to me,
Neutron
5101.igb ps2 256 256 21863 75519 .

any updates coming anytime soon...like the bolton wig???
or maybe a new loadscreen...

Boreman - What offsets did you use for the bolton cape? I've added it to the Apocalypse mod, but it needs recolored. I can't figure out how to find the offsets.