Most Disappointing character(s)

Started by cavillac, December 11, 2007, 10:47AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Being a pretty big comic geek I went into the game with obviously pre-defined favorite Marvel characters and looked forward to playing them just to try them and not be all that impressed.

Top of the list...
Mr. Fantastic - I've seen some people say that certain combos he can do are just hax but I must not know them :P because he just sucks for me :(  (F4 is my favorite book of all time so that hurt)
Luke Cage - I've never really liked this character....I'm just disappointed he made the cut :P
Blade
Spider Woman
Iceman

Given....there may be good strategies for these characters that I just haven't figured out but from limited play with them I was just expecting more.

Your thoughts?  Your list?

Of those I'd basically just agree with Blade and Spider Woman.  Spider Woman just sucks all around and Blade just isn't fun to play as.

silver surfer is most disappointed to me, becz they didnt even try to think of 4 different costume for him

Quote from: dimster on December 11, 2007, 11:37AM
silver surfer is most disappointed to me, becz they didnt even try to think of 4 different costume for him

hahaa...not sure what they could have done there.....

They could have used some of the other Heralds as costumes, I suppose....but their powers really wouldn't have lined up.

I suppose they could have done Norrin Radd as one possible alternate costume but, to my knowledge, they've never even shown glimpses of what his people look like or what they wear so maybe they purposefully avoided that.

Quote from: cavillac on December 11, 2007, 10:47AM
Top of the list...
Mr. Fantastic - I've seen some people say that certain combos he can do are just hax but I must not know them :P because he just sucks for me :(  (F4 is my favorite book of all time so that hurt)
Luke Cage - I've never really liked this character....I'm just disappointed he made the cut :P
Blade
Spider Woman
Iceman

haha, I really like Mr Fan and Iceman. Here's my set-up for them:

Mr. Fantastic:
- I use the 4th costume (melee damage reflect and focus).
- Max out Fantastic Fists, then Rubberband Recoil, then Elastic Crush
- always have the boost on (if possible), use Elastic Crush for range and Rubberband Recoil when mobbed, use your basic melee attacks when you are almost out of energy

Iceman:
- I use the 3rd (Max EP, Cold Mastery) and 4th costumes (Point Blank, Dmg Reflect).
- max out Polar Explosion then Blizzard, and all the left over skill points in Freeze Beam, and one point in Ice Slide.
- Freeze Beam one enemy. So, this dude will stand still for at least 3 seconds. Blast him with a fully charge a Polar Explosion. Now, enemies nearby the target will be slowed and take the same amount of damage from the explosion. Freeze another taget again, repeat...
- If mobs start to appear, use Blizzard.
- If mobs are too close to you, don't bother with Blizzard, use Polar Explosion. The explosion will affect enemies behind you if your initial target is really close
- If you are taking too much damage, use Ice Slide and run away!!!

Luke Cage is epic.

-Max "Jab"
-Max "Drill Bit"
-Max "Street Smarts"

Easily the best tank out of he, Thing, and Colossus.

Now, Colossus, he was disappointing. Slow, no really good power, his grab is funny and useful only at the beginning of the game, he's a bruiser_light instead of bruiser, and the official Hulk is basically Colossus done right. The only good thing about him is that thanks to him and Moon Knight this page was created.

Mr. Fantastic is good once Fantastic Fists adds around 75% chance to critical hits to all his attacks. That and Rubberband Recoil allows you to one hit kill like 5 enemies in one attack.

And for Spider-Woman, all she needs is Ensnare and Venom Blast. That, and enemies that aren't "Energy Resistant".

Powerman,Blade,Spiderwoman in that order all second rate heros at best thank some body we can mod those out... :runaway:
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Blade and Colossus.

Blade, just cuz his powers didn't meet my expectations; I'd expected more than a few sword attacks, an extremely short gun attack, and two throwing projectiles, and Colossus as being way too slow, and powers not dealing enough damage.

Luke Cage, although okay, could have been replaced with someone else who is more major to the mainstream community.

Luke Cage was one of the few heroes Marvel especifically asked to be in the game, though, according to an interview I read in ign.

On a related note, I got so tired with Colossus being so weak, I decided to make him an extra boost. It's like Hulk's Fury, with better damage and defense bonuses, but taking away the attack speed bonus.

The most disappointing characters for me are: Mr. Fantastic, Luke Cage, The Thing, Blade, Elektra - and the most disappointing character was Ghost Rider. Well, he didn't really disappoint me, he just sucks.

Ghost Rider? You don't like the character in comics or you just don't like his attacks in the game? haha
He's definitely my favorite character in the game if Damnation isn't bugged.... :(

Quote from: iammingy on December 29, 2007, 01:28PM
Ghost Rider? You don't like the character in comics or you just don't like his attacks in the game?

Personally, I don't like him in both the comics and the games. And, just like you, I hate him mostly for Damnation, and the Revive hero, because they are both really bugged - even though revive hero works 25% of the intended time.

When you max out the stats, there is a 50% chance of successful resurrection.

Vengeance and Penance Stare recovers good health quickly. Ravaging Flame does insanely good damage; when charged deals extra burning damage. Chain Flechette knocks down enemies while others can move in for the kill. All his costumes look comic accurate and have several pretty good bonuses. All in all, I like GR in this game.

I think Luke Cage took the place of the Hulk in the original game being as they did not have the license for the Hulk at the time. Luke Cage is in many of the spots the Hulk should have been in in the original game. For example: New Fantastic Four, Defenders, etc. (I dont ever remember Luke Cage being in The Defenders) I like to play Blade but hoped that he would have been more powerful like Silver Surfer should be and Spider Woman.