The point of "Extracting"?

Started by cavillac, December 12, 2007, 12:05PM

Previous topic - Next topic
You prolly all know what I'm talking about....

You get on your Shield save point, hit 1 and one of the options is "Extract"  Well, last night I decided to "Extract" to a few of these to test out some new teams I wanted to play around with.  The Extracts basically take you to a Shield within that particular level and all the monsters have regenerated and even some of the bosses (quick note...if you haven't already.....go back to the Project Labs and you can beat Mysterio a second time for more Rep Points :) ). 
However, once you get to the end of the board where the main boss should be (MODOK in the case of Project Labs, there's no nice way to leave the level except by using a Portal.  Am I missing something or is that just the way it is?

Also, is using the Extracts to level alternate teams a pretty highly used practice among people or would you just take your new team out into the "real world" or perhaps Simulators......or some combination of the two?

Cheers :D

Extract allows you to go back and pick up things you might have missed, and sometimes to get more rep points. Enemies respawn after the game has loaded about 7 different areas. Only certain little bosses respawn (like Crimson Dynamo and Mysterio). While you can also extract to many areas in the different acts, not every area is accesible later on.

It's not a perfect feature, but it serves most of it purposes.

The point of the "Extract" feature, is to collect certain items (such as Daredevil/Black Panther action figures, comic books, Simulator Discs, and many more). And, since the enemies are mentioned, none of the bosses appear, only the regular enemies.
:quicks:

actually i have the xbox 360 and i was able to fight off against loki

Hm...(Beat Loki again? That's great :D I would beat him a hundreds of times :D )