IRON FIST mod v1.4 (fixed the no-power bug)

Started by iammingy, December 13, 2007, 01:44AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If Iron Fist does'nt same as his mannequin maybe i got:

stats {
   ailevel = 1 ;
   autospend = bruiser_light ;
   body = 7 ;
   characteranims = 68_ironfist ;
   charactername = Iron Fist ;
   level = 1 ;
   menulocation = XXX ;
   mind = 8 ;
   name = ironfist ;
   playable = true ;
   powerstyle = ps_ironfist ;
   scriptlevel = 3 ;
   skin = 6804 ;
   skin_01_name = Tournament ;
   skin_02 = 03 ;
   skin_02_name = Ultimate ;
   skin_03 = 02 ;
   skin_03_name = Classic ;
   skin_04 = 05 ;
   skin_04_name = Modern ;
   skin_04 = 06 ;
   skin_04_name = Red ;
   skin_04 = 07 ;
   skin_04_name = Daredevil ;
   sounddir = ifist_m ;
   strength = 7 ;
   team = hero ;
   textureicon = 7 ;
      Race {
      name = Mutant ;
      }

Race {
      name = XMen ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = grab ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = ironf_p1 ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = ironf_p6 ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = melee_moves ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = block ;
      }

Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      hideskin = batons_segment ;
      }

Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      hideskin = baton_hand_segment ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = fightstyle_ironfist ;
      }

}

I have problem. I did everythin as told in read me, and i still don't have Iron fist! What am i doing wrong?

Wow, I have to say that this my favorite mod and I-F is my most heavily played character.  In fact, kudos to all of the modders of MUA; you've all created some fantastic mods.  I think that I will be trying my hand on my first mod in the next couple of weeks.  Keep up the amazing work.

Cross-posted from Teancum's Xbox thread:

Perhaps I was misunderstood.

I know Iron Fist has a dragon projectile attack.

Does that chi dragon posted before do anything to enhance the mod? Is it an individual power by itself? Or does it just add decor to the mod?

Quote from: scifiguy on July 21, 2008, 02:33PM
Wow, I have to say that this my favorite mod and I-F is my most heavily played character.  In fact, kudos to all of the modders of MUA; you've all created some fantastic mods.  I think that I will be trying my hand on my first mod in the next couple of weeks.  Keep up the amazing work.

Thanks!

Quote from: BrzyD on July 21, 2008, 01:56PM
I have problem. I did everythin as told in read me, and i still don't have Iron fist! What am i doing wrong?

Please answer these questions:

1. Which character did you replace?
2. Did you start a new game?
3. Did you install Official Characters mod Beta V3?
4. Did you use Heroselect?
5. Are you 100% sure that no two characters use the same menulocation number?

Having the same problem with Iron Fist, can't figure it out. To answer questions directed at someone else:

1. Which character did you replace? Elektra, position 9. Made her menulocation = xxx.
2. Did you start a new game? Yes.
3. Did you install Official Characters mod Beta V3? Yes.
4. Did you use Heroselect? Yes, though I'm not clear on it. I used it to add Iron Fist, when it asked to choose location for, I selected "9".
5. Are you 100% sure that no two characters use the same menulocation number?
Yes, there is no one else at menulocation 9.

Now what I have is Hawkeye, for whatever reason, in his usual spot in the back row, and where Elektra was is a blank spot with the NAME Hawkeye. Selecting that blank slot selects Hawkeye. Sorry if this isn't clear - Hawkeye appears normally in his proper spot, and is also selectable in the blank spot vacated by Elektra. When Hawkeye is in the lineup, that blank spot is no longer selectable.

Been looking forward to using it - just started playing MUA, not realizing how old it was, and was kinda hoping IF was one of Daredevil's alt costumes for much the same reason DD is one of IF's in this mod. Guess the game came out before the storyline. =)

Hope you can help, thanks!

Wait, is Elektra still in the Herostat?  She needs to be completely removed if you're replacing her.

Thats right, Elektra is still there. I read one of the readme files (dont remember which) saying NOT to remove the character you're replacing, but to switch the location numbers. I'll give it a go.

Be sure to backup your files in case something goes awry.

No dice on that...erased Elektra out of the herostat, started a new game, but still an invisible Hawkeye is in her slot. I'm sure I've done something wrong, just can't figger out what.

Quote from: Undefeated on July 28, 2008, 09:12AM
Thats right, Elektra is still there. I read one of the readme files (dont remember which) saying NOT to remove the character you're replacing, but to switch the location numbers. I'll give it a go.

Oh, that instruction was out-date. Sorry if that was mine.
If you have 27 characters in your herostat already, then you must delete character you are replacing in the herostat.

You can upload your herosat.engb here if you want. I can take a look at it.

July 28, 2008, 02:51PM #193 Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 02:56PM by Undefeated
Thanks for the offer, iammingy. Tried to upload the herostat as a .txt, but not allowing me to upload the file, says the upload folder is full. Any ideas?

Quote from: Undefeated on July 28, 2008, 02:51PM
Thanks for the offer, iammingy. Tried to upload the herostat as a .txt, but not allowing me to upload the file, says the upload folder is full. Any ideas?

Oh, you can just upload the XML to: http://www.mediafire.com/
People uploaded too many attachments to the forum. haha