IRON FIST mod v1.4 (fixed the no-power bug)

Started by iammingy, December 13, 2007, 01:44AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Whoa...nevermind. I'm kinda new at this and didn't realize I couldn't resume a saved game (even if I replaced a character I never used *cough* Iceman *cough*).

Works great, and now I have a New New Avengers Lineup.

P.S. I noticed on the Dazzler Mod video that custom Team associations can be made, i.e. the game recognized Dazzler as an X-Man and under "Blonde Ambition."

Would it be possible to add Iron Fist to "New Avengers," despite the fact that the New Avengers bonus sucks.

Quote from: Schwizzle on December 29, 2007, 11:29PM
Would it be possible to add Iron Fist to "New Avengers," despite the fact that the New Avengers bonus sucks.

Yes, that is possible.
First, decompile "team_bonus.engb" from
..\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\data
with XMLBC(UI).

Then, add this piece of code

hero {
      name = ironfist ;
      }

at the end of the "New Avengers" section like so:

bonus {
   descbonus = +5 All Resistances ;
   descname1 = New ;
   descname2 = Avengers ;
   powerup = shared_team_increase_resistances ;
   sound = common/team_bonus_nav ;
      hero {
      name = lukecage ;
      }

hero {
      name = spiderman ;
      }

hero {
      name = spiderwoman ;
      }

hero {
      name = wolverine ;
      }

hero {
      name = drstrange ;
      }

hero {
      name = ronin ;
      }

hero {
      name = hawkeye ;
      }

hero {
      name = ironfist ;
      }

}

Iron Fist should round off the New Avengers bonus because the maximum number of characters per bonus is eight.
:pman: :spiderman: :spiderwoman: :wolverine: :strange: :ronin: :hawkeye: :ifist:

Another basic question:

What are the criteria for unlocking Iron Fist's last 3 skins? I have defeated hundreds of enemies by now and only have up to the tournament skin.

The third skin for any character requires 175 kills.  To get the 4th for any modded character you have to enter the 'all costumes' cheat.

hey mingy, just wondering what future plans you had for iron fist? :ifist:

I don't think I will give any more changes to this mod, but I think I *might* make a side mission (rather than comic book missions because there is a limited number of free slots for comic book missions. I think these slots should be given to the official characters IMO.) However, I will work on other mods and skins before this.

iron fist is so awesome that mod rocks

i dont mean to be pain in the.... but why did u call his xtreme fist to face

February 18, 2008, 10:53PM #86 Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 10:58PM by Neeboo Nine
I just tried this mod and it works great so far.. except when Ironfist is idle (and in the selection screen) he moves briefly then freezes totally still like a statue.  Is this normal or are there idle stance animations that I'm not seeing for some reason? Thanks

Quote from: Neeboo Nine on February 18, 2008, 10:53PM
I just tried this mod and it works great so far.. except when Ironfist is idle (and in the selection screen) he twitches briefly then freezes totally still like a statue.  Is this normal or are there idle animations that I'm not seeing for some reason? Thanks

For the menu selection screen:
If you are seeing what is shown in the preview on the first page, then it should fine. He does shake a bit at the beginning; that is his menu_action anim.

For in-game:
He doesn't have an "unique" idle anim, but he uses the default instead. I think the "bored" anim is executed once in a while?

I didn't give him an idle anim because I have used up all anim sets for his powered and normal attacks. I used 3 4_combat anim sets (Elektra, Nick Fury, Daredevil) and the common/shared anim set for Iron Fist, none of which have an "unique" idle anim.

If all normal melee attacks and the powered attacks work fine for you, then you are seeing what I had intended for this mod.

Awesome mod... great moves... too bad you are not going to keep working on him.

It would be nice to see if it's possible to find a better model for his first two skins. Nothing wrong with tommy's models, i am a BIG fan of his work since Freedom Force but i don't really think that style TRULY fits MUA.

I was wondering if there is ANY way to HEX Blue mages collar+belt into a simple char model like spidey? Would that make a more MUA-ish model for Iron fist?

Just thinking out loud...

Cheers

February 19, 2008, 03:17PM #89 Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 03:36PM by iammingy
Quote from: Rasdel on February 19, 2008, 03:10PM
Awesome mod... great moves... too bad you are not going to keep working on him.

I haven't retired. I am still here.

QuoteI was wondering if there is ANY way to HEX Blue mages collar+belt into a simple char model like spidey? Would that make a more MUA-ish model for Iron fist?

Just thinking out loud...

Cheers

I don't know how to HEX out those stuff. I can import and export them again with 3DS MAX, but I can only make stationary models due to my "noobiness" in using 3DS MAX. (I have only started using MAX for less than a month.) Blue Mage's collar doesn't really fit Iron Fist, but it might look good on Dracula.