IRON FIST mod v1.4 (fixed the no-power bug)

Started by iammingy, December 13, 2007, 01:44AM

Previous topic - Next topic
'Mingy -- any plans on doing a mannequin update with some cool pose?  Maybe mid Snake Strike.

Oh, DXT3 too if you'd be so kind (I may port Iron Fist to Xbox if it's cool)

February 19, 2008, 04:53PM #93 Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 05:07PM by iammingy
Quote from: Teancum on February 19, 2008, 04:49PM
Oh, DXT3 too if you'd be so kind (I may port Iron Fist to Xbox if it's cool)

Sure.

What are you gonna do with the two skins (Classic and Modern)?

EDIT: Great! I hope it works!!!

Well, Dark_Mark sent me a new Venom model.  If it works, then I know animated models will work.  Then I'll know whether I can ask Tommy to export w/DXT3

February 19, 2008, 06:25PM #95 Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 10:05PM by iammingy
Hmm... after thinking a bit about the concern Neeboo Nine raised yesterday for a while, I *think* it is possible to give Iron Fist an idle anim plus the 4-hit combo Vooc suggested! :idea: The downside is Iron Fist will lose the anims for his current grab-smash and Twin Dragon Punch. Now, I need to plan out the stuff and do lots of testing to confirm this........

Quote from: Vooc on December 20, 2007, 02:48PM
for some reason it wont let me download "not available to download at this time". as for the combo, the shaolin monks do this combo that has i think 4 punches in a row and they are really fast punches, it just seems that it would be cool for iron fist. it looks like a power style. i think the elves have some really cool attacks to that would make iron fist look good!

Quote from: Neeboo Nine on February 18, 2008, 10:53PM
I just tried this mod and it works great so far.. except when Ironfist is idle (and in the selection screen) he moves briefly then freezes totally still like a statue.  Is this normal or are there idle stance animations that I'm not seeing for some reason? Thanks

EDIT: Ok, Neeboo Nine

That sounds great! Please keep us posted..

February 20, 2008, 10:23PM #97 Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 01:48AM by iammingy
Ok, ignore my last post about grab-smash and Twin Dragon Punch. Iron Fist will KEEP his anims for grab-smash and Twin Dragon Punch. ^^ However, I will kickout Daredevil's animset instead. So, Iron Fist will lose all of his original menu anims and the uppercut anim for Dashing Dragon Punch and Rising Dragon Punch. Instead of the uppercut, the dashing part of Dashing Dragon Punch will be continued with the 6-hit combo Vooc suggested. So, this is like: dash, dash, ... , 6-hit combo. In v1.1, the ending uppercut after the dash didnot cost energy, but the 6-hit combo in v1.2 will cost energy for the obvious reasons. And, I *hope* I can replace Rising Dragon Punch (Ken's Shōryū-reppa) with Akuma's Kongō Kokuretsu Zan:

The anims required to do this is set, but how to make these effects is another question...haha

EDIT: :D

This is his new menu_idle: (looping animation of Twin Dragon Punch; he will be shivering mad! lol)

This is his new idle:

It looks kinda like this, bouncing back and forth:

That Akuma power looks really cool!

How about Iron Fist's move from FoF? Where he summons the dragon spirit?

You thought it couldn't get any better?...

YOU WHERE WRONG!!!

XD... great work iammingy!!! AWESOME Akuma power there!!! And great idles!!!

Ok... i have a question...

After a WHILE now i have been impressed with iammingy's AVATAR... to the point that i almost got crazy thinking... HOW AWESOME would it be to have THAT model ingame... it's from another Marvel title "Spiderman: Friend or Foe" (Thanks Midnight for making me notice it XD)...

http://comics.ign.com/articles/822/822936p2.html

I was wondering... is there ANY way to convert THAT model to MUA? Cause that would be simply AWESOME... Specially for his 2 main costumes.

BTW, here is the Dragon Spirit Midnight is refering to:

Thanks. Yes, I can give him a move similar to that though it's not comic-accurate at all. I can make it as the 6th power, but I don't know how to make a Dragon effect in the game. I got some ideas, however. ^^ What I would like to know is, should this Dragon thing just be a projectile that orbits Iron Fist? I think this is what he looks like in the vids I have seen.
If anyone wants to see the vid:
http://www.spiderman-friend-or-foe.com/
Click "Game Info", the click Iron Fist at the bottom, watch the vid.

OR Should this Dragon thingy be a controllable projectile like Captain America's Shield Throw or Moon Knight's Boomerang?

For the cute Iron Fist model from FoF, that idea is 100% possible, but I still don't know how to export skins, yet. I have the game but I haven't unlocked Iron Fist in FoF due to my busy life with school and mods, skins, etc. for MUA.

I love the new idle stance.  Very swank.  As far as the dragon power I'd say go Cap-style with it.  I love controllable projectiles.

QuoteFor the cute Iron Fist model from FoF, that idea is 100% possible, but I still don't know how to export skins, yet. I have the game but I haven't unlocked Iron Fist in FoF due to my busy life with school and mods, skins, etc. for MUA.

Really? Cause that would give this mod a COMPLETELY NEW LOOK! Specially the clasic green/red costumes. Can't you unlock him with cheats? XD

Cheers

QuoteIn fact, I have just downloaded a save-game with everything unlocked. ^^
Ok... you know what that means, right??... more models for different mods XD

Now, if i could give just one suggestion. IF you can, you could reduce the size of the hands and feet which look GIGANTIC... if not... it doesn't matter, it is still a great model.

Anyway, if you intend to try and add that new model to MUA hope you succeed! Contrants on your new aquired models XD

Cheers