A few questions

Started by cavillac, December 19, 2007, 08:24AM

Previous topic - Next topic
As opposed to spamming up the forum with a bunch of little questions I thought I'd squeeze them all into one....

1.  I'm having a really difficult time unlocking Hawkeye's final costume.  I've never put any thought into unlocking costumes.....they usually just happen at one point or another but I have just beaten the game on Hard with Hawkeye as my most-used guy and I just cant get that last costume to unlock :(

2.  Nightcrawler's powers.....one is called Blitz Bamf or something like that where he is suppose to bamf all over the place hitting everyone in the room but it doesn't seem to work for me...he just jumps up slightly, bamfs and then lands right back down.  Am I doing something wrong or is the power bugged?

3.  Iceman's aura is really quite over-the-top.  It flashes so much that I almost get headaches just from using it (not to mention it occasionally lagging out my game).  Is there any way to dumb-down some of the games effects like that one?  Is there a mod someone has made that replaces that aura (cant imagine I'm the only one who finds it atrocious :P)

4.  If you're using a mod that no longer has a certain superhero and then you pick that hero's Sim CD in the game.....is there anyway to complete the Sim?  I tried it once with a character's Sim that I had replaced with a modded character (thanks to all you nice folk out here for those, btw) and it let me start and instead of using the char that is was supposed to feature it let me select a four man team but as soon as I completed the Sim, the game crashed (d'oh >< )

5.  Striking, Body and Focus.  Body is pretty self-explanatory....more HPs.  However, I cant seem to find the definition for Focus or Striking anywhere.  I'm guessing that Striking might be related to Melee damage and maybe Focus has something to do with ranged or power damage....but not really sure.

Thanks for any and all responses :)

1.  They don't unlock by default.  You have to use a cheat code to get all four costumes

5. There are in game descriptions for what each stat does. Go to the character select screen, go to any character's stats screen, and press Ctrl over any stat to check that info.
Focus rises both Max Energy and Energy Regeneration, Strike Melee damage and something else, I think. No stat rises power damage.

Quote from: Teancum on December 19, 2007, 08:42AM
1.  They don't unlock by default.  You have to use a cheat code to get all four costumes

I've gotten all four for other characters without any type of cheat.  Is this something special just for Hawkeye because he's a mod?

Yep. Surfer, Fury, and Colossus' 4th will unlock by default (built into the exe). The rest of the "official" PC characters (excluding Moon Knight) unlock their 4th from their sim missions. Moon Knight, as well as mod characters (Hulk, Hawkeye, etc) will need a cheat to unlock their 4th costumes, since they are neither built into the exe to unlock or have a sim mission.

Quote from: BliZZ on December 19, 2007, 11:14AM
Yep. Surfer, Fury, and Colossus' 4th will unlock by default (built into the exe). The rest of the "official" PC characters (excluding Moon Knight) unlock their 4th from their sim missions. Moon Knight, as well as mod characters (Hulk, Hawkeye, etc) will need a cheat to unlock their 4th costumes, since they are neither built into the exe to unlock or have a sim mission.

ahh...then where does one gets his grubby lil hands on this said "cheat"?

Or www.gamewinners.com

or www.cheatplanet.com

Or any place you can find cheat codes.

There are also some for Invincibility, 100K, Super-Speed, Infinite Xtremes, All Extras, All Missions, etc...