New Cap narrowed down

Started by blade 554, December 20, 2007, 11:19PM

Previous topic - Next topic
The candidates for the new Captain America have been narrowed down.  Alot.  To six people.  Thing is we already guessed those six people.

US Agent.  Hawkeye.  Iron Man.  Union Jack.  Winter Soldier.  And...Red Skull?

http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.2122.One_Of_These_People_Will_Be_The_New_Captain_Amer

Who's your pick!?!?!??!!?

December 21, 2007, 02:25AM #1 Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 02:28AM by iammingy
US Agent!!!

Hawkeye... I think he will keep the Ronin title?
Iron Man... No way.
Union Jack... should stay in/go to England....lol
Winter Soldier... He was once Captain America's sidekick, but he still haven't impressed me, yet.
Red Skull... How about Red Skrull? :P

im either thinking us agent or winter soldier but to my knowledge wasnt us agent sent over to canada or somthing in civil war choosing sides ???

Yeah, but in the last issue of Omega Flight Arachne or the narrator said US Agent had to deal with "shield"... <-- I have been thinking this was a hint...

December 21, 2007, 03:02AM #5 Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 03:09AM by iammingy
Here, this is the scan of that page:

Arachne's daugther actually thought US Agent was Captain America. May be I am too sensitive?

EDIT: I always seem to like John Walker more than Steve Rogers...^^"||

Thanks i just realised i do hav civil war choosing sides .. lol

Isn't it refering to the shield someone stole US Agent in Civil War: Choosing Sides?

Also, I think it's going to be Winter Soldier for 3 reasons:
1- He's been leading Captain America since issue 26-27. I can't picture the writers spending almost a year developing the character and then suddenly introducing someone else as the new Cap.

2- In the preview for one of the Young Avengers books to be released around the same time, it says that Patriot goes to search Winter Soldier, but he doesn't exactly find who he was searching, hinting he's no longer Winter Soldier.

3- Both WS and the new Captain wear pants. If that doen's convince you, then nothing will.

You can't forget Fallen Son, though.  We know Hawkeye is gun-capable.  We know Hawkeye can use the shield.  We know he has always wanted to be Cap-like.  And we know a couple people are skipping out on the New Avengers (one of them is likely Echo). 

Quote from: Gevth on December 21, 2007, 09:01AM
Isn't it refering to the shield someone stole US Agent in Civil War: Choosing Sides?

It was the Purple Man, IIRC.

I'll go for Bucky, just to make the whole Brubaker run have sense.

An usurpation by the Red Skull would be cool, but it has already been donde in Punisher War Journal, so no.

I'm surprised they didn't even have Punisher in the running.

i reckon if punisher was in the running they would of made it that someone else had a cap-[insert character name] suit ...

Also, Punisher returned the costume to Bucky in the issue after the Hate-Monger arc. I can't remember the reason, but I guess he found out it wasn't his way of doing things.